Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Still Battling

Tomorrow I will begin my month 18 since CTing off of low dose Ativan then Klonopin that was taken for 16 months on and off. I like all of you hold onto hope that the body can heal from this mess.I had my best window of 25 days and felt completely normal only to wake up last Thursday in a state of chemical anxiety and agitation. I have lost many symptoms but the one that still causes the most agony is the chemical anxiety/agitation where it feels like everything narrows and you are stuck in hell until it releases. I literally go into these waves and feel there is no way out but can wake up the next day and have it gone only to return. I know that it is said many times but this is has to be one of hardest battles anyone can fight. I truly salute all of you on here fighting this demon, it just mentally wears you down especially when you lose your sleep. I think i made the mistake of trying some methylfolate since my doc said I tested positive for the mthfr gene. It may have been why I crashed but who knows. I'm back to only a good diet, sleep when I can and try to do light exercise on the good days. Just checking in to divert my attention away from the wave I'm currently in. Take care and I pray that we can all heal.

Edited by [No...]
Repetative sentence

I remember when I had waves, I thought they would never end. Turned out I was wrong and I now feel alot better. Ive been to hell and back in withdrawal.

Maybe ease up on the supplement for a shorter period? I tried methylfolate at some point in my recovery, and when I went above a certain dose it gave me insane anxiety. So I stopped using it.

I dont have much else to say to you other than, I believe you will recover in time. All the best, keep going.

• Like 1

Hi @[No...]. Thanks for posting. Sending good vibes your way. Hoping you get continued relief and some of these issues fade away...

• Like 1