Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Question

Heloo Everyone . I used xanax for 3 weeks at 0.5 mg and than 0.25 mg . I quitted i was having insomnia i didnt know i was depanded. I took another dose after 5 days and the door of hell opened couldnt walk head pressure heart papltitation terror. I was hell pure hell. I was like that for 12 days than i took xanax again and my doctor switched me to clobazam im on 10 mg .he said it was a weaker benzo .i want to know if the reinstating again after that dose was a wise decision or its too late after 12 days and the damage is done. Will tapring now agravate my depandancy what should i expect please . I went to every psychiatric in my contry and neurologist this site is my last resort and sorry for my english its not my first langauge i appreciate every comment and help please im really doomed

Hello @[ch...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

There is individual variability,* but 10mg clobazam is equivalent to about 0.25mg Xanax.

* And differing authorities will state differing equivalent doses.

Usually, after very short term use, quitting suddenly or very rapidly is tolerable and the usual route off benzodiazepines. However, dependency can develop within as little as two weeks - it seems that you developed dependency very rapidly. However, dependency is not binary (dependent or not dependent) it so something that develops. So I expect that the depth of your dependency is relatively shallow. This means that will probably be able to taper off relatively quickly.

Given your heightened withdrawal symptoms, I expect your doctor had little choice but to have you reinstate. I expect it was the right thing to do. If your intention is still to quit benzodiazepines, then yes, tapering off sooner rather than later is better. However, given your extreme reaction, please talk to your doctor about a sensible taper off. And, perhaps, see if you can get a prescription for a liquid formulation which would allow you to make smaller reductions to your dose and taper off more gradually.

2 hours ago, [[c...] said:

Hope i Wont regret it yes my intention is to taper can i do it over a month?

I expect this is a reasonable aim. But you would adjust your taper according to how you react. What dose pills do you use?

3 hours ago, [[c...] said:

Clobazam 10 mg

Is 2.5mg/ml liquid available in your country? Or, liquid at any concentration? I ask because 10mg is the smallest tablet available in clobazam (in all countries, as far as I know). Whereas, the liquid will allow you to smaller reductions to your dose.

If you cannot get hold of the liquid, can you reasonably manage to quarter your pills? Another approach used by many members is to grind the pill into a fine powder and use jewellers' scales* to make even smaller reductions to dose.

* These can be purchased for around $20-25 USD. You would need scales which can measure increments of 0.001g.

I will do it with a jewller scale should i do reduction 2mg a week? 2mg is like 20% of the dose . Im afraid to stay on it more and i regret not pushing further in my first aim so i Want to be tough this time . People on reddit warned me about reinstating and kindling could this happen?

4 hours ago, [[c...] said:

I will do it with a jewller scale should i do reduction 2mg a week? 2mg is like 20% of the dose . Im afraid to stay on it more and i regret not pushing further in my first aim so i Want to be tough this time . People on reddit warned me about reinstating and kindling could this happen?

Because you reacted so poorly to your previous attempt to quit, I suggest making a smaller reduction to your dose. Perhaps in the region of 10%. You would make new reductions to dose when you feel able. Potentially, this could be even less than a week (given your short-term use). Taper at a rate governed by how you feel after each reduction to your dose.