Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Artificial Sweeteners - unplanned and now very worried

Hello,

I was on an event with work today and after a really heavy lunch someone gave me a menthol lozenge to help get rid of the flavour... since then I worried a bit and googled it and realised it is made of sweeteners. Looked it up and found other people have found sweeteners ramp up their symptoms?

Really worried - has anyone got any ideas or advise?

It is causing me a lot of anxiety.

But in addition, if it's relevant, I am 23months off of klonopin next week and having rapid cycling of symptoms now - only a handful still constant - and had the day 3 weeks ago where I woke up and looked like myself, felt like myself again and started having mainly rapid cycling, so really believed I was in the final stages of healing. What are the chances that one lozenge of sweeteners would cause a setback or wave from this? Occasional caffeine or things hasn't caused me any problems before.

21 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

It is causing me a lot of anxiety.

But in addition, if it's relevant, I am 23months off of klonopin next week and having rapid cycling of symptoms now - only a handful still constant - and had the day 3 weeks ago where I woke up and looked like myself, felt like myself again and started having mainly rapid cycling, so really believed I was in the final stages of healing. What are the chances that one lozenge of sweeteners would cause a setback or wave from this? Occasional caffeine or things hasn't caused me any problems before.

BiddieBee, you should be fine.  Don't break it if it's not broken. If you hadn't known it had sweetner in it would you have worried about it? Your doing great, don't Google, that's not a goid idea. 

Your anxious because you found out it had sweetner I it, you weren't anxious before right so change your mind. Change your focus right away. Don't let yourself go there. 

Oh how I wish I were where u are now, 23 months, thats awesome! Be happy,  enjoy life. Your doing great! 

The old saying, if it ain't broke dont fix it right,

Quickly change your focus ok

Ns 

Edited by [ns...]
Additions and corrections

Ah thank you NSindy.

That is a helpful different perspective and one I need to take on as I very much nearly caused myaelf into a panic attack. I really do make things worse for myself!

And I guess, with the ingredients i  products these days, I've possibly come across these sweeteners before without any idea about it and nothing significant caused.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Ah thank you NSindy.

That is a helpful different perspective and one I need to take on as I very much nearly caused myaelf into a panic attack. I really do make things worse for myself!

And I guess, with the ingredients i  products these days, I've possibly come across these sweeteners before without any idea about it and nothing significant caused.

Good to hear,  just try to stay away from sugar ok. I think u know thar but just wanted to add.

So Happy your feeling better now, glad I couod help

Ns

I agree with @[ns...]. It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy. You're creating anxiety over something and that anxiety is causing the exact symptoms you are fearing. I don't think we need to stress over every little thing we consume or that might cause us a setback. We'll be in continuous stress mode.