Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Do we return to ourselves after healing

Do we actually return to ourselves after healing. I am getting mixed messages about what to expect

• Like 1

I worried about that too, @[ap...]. But in my experience and those of many of my buddies, we do make our way back to ourselves. It takes awhile after healing, but we get there. Gradually you can do the things you used to enjoy, get "reacquainted" with yourself. And in my case, I started a  brand new business after I felt well! Hope this helps you.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Everyone recovers. You will heal. I have an associate who has gone through 3 tapering(s) off high dose Klonopin due to seizure disorder. He stated he always returns (5 years on, 3 year on, 1 years on).

This has given me comfort when I’m feeling down. so there’s that..

• Like 6

Yes. Seriously. I know it’s  hard to fathom. But believe me. Yes. Nut up and power through it. You’ll be good  

• Like 1

On 31/01/2024 at 18:59, [[R...] said:

Everyone recovers. You will heal. I have an associate who has gone through 3 tapering(s) off high dose Klonopin due to seizure disorder. He stated he always returns (5 years on, 3 year on, 1 years on).

This has given me comfort when I’m feeling down. so there’s that..

What's your friend doing for seizures now.

On 31/01/2024 at 06:25, [[a...] said:

Do we actually return to ourselves after healing. I am getting mixed messages about what to expect

Yes or at least very close.

Maybe a bit wiser.

• Like 1

Regarding friend with seizure disorder. He takes Depokate some type of nasal spray that treats seizures and he told me he does take Valium at a low does (I didn’t know he started back with a benzodiazepines.

This isn't the appropriate place for this thread as it's not a success story.  It will get moved!  But to answer your question, yes everyone heals to some degree with most people getting their pre-Benzo life back.  Most people heal close to if not 100%.  The handful of "outliers"  that claim to never heal typically have multiple pre-existing conditions and/or illnesses that they expect to go away after healing from Benzos.  However, healing from Benzos does not heal pre-existing conditions.  

Edited by [Th...]
  • Like 2

I’m guessing we heal but with some scars.   As of now, it’s impossible to think there will ever be a day where I completely forget about all the awful crap I’ve been through.  I doubt that head trash just disappears but time has a way of making us forget. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2-2-2024 at 15:10, [[T...] said:

Dit is niet de juiste plaats voor dit onderwerp, aangezien het geen succesverhaal is. Het zal verplaatst worden! Maar om je vraag te beantwoorden: ja, iedereen geneest tot op zekere hoogte, waarbij de meeste mensen hun pre-benzo-leven terugkrijgen. De meeste mensen genezen bijna, zo niet 100%. Het handjevol 'uitschieters' dat beweert nooit te genezen, heeft doorgaans meerdere reeds bestaande aandoeningen en/of ziekten waarvan zij verwachten dat ze zullen verdwijnen na genezing van benzo's. Genezing door benzo's geneest echter geen reeds bestaande aandoeningen.  

Isnt true. Im damaged since i was 24.,now im,28.5

I was healthy. But im severely neuro injured. So the only reason im like thiz could be born with low gaba. 

On 02/02/2024 at 15:10, [[T...] said:

This isn't the appropriate place for this thread as it's not a success story.  It will get moved!  But to answer your question, yes everyone heals to some degree with most people getting their pre-Benzo life back.  Most people heal close to if not 100%.  The handful of "outliers"  that claim to never heal typically have multiple pre-existing conditions and/or illnesses that they expect to go away after healing from Benzos.  However, healing from Benzos does not heal pre-existing conditions.  

This is not true. I don’t want to be negative. I had issues before benzo . I know people who had diabetes or auto immune issues befor benzo and ofcourse that will not go away with taper. 
but many who get severly injured , don’t heal. I am talking to many people of which 80% more than 6 years out of let’s say 5 out of 8 are still housebound…

because of weakness inability to walk muscles turning into stone feeling, 

tjey say it’s 10-20% better but not healed. 

But 90% of the people do heal!