Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Scale

Hello guys. 

I want to start to do my tapper (2nd time trying) and I would like to know which scale can I buy. 

I’m taking mexazolam 2mg, they told me it’s equivalent to 20mg of diazepam. Do you have any advice about the tapper? I’m thinking about slowing it down 10% every 3 weeks. 

I was taking 1mg for 4 years, almost in daily basis, till I switch to Xanax and then whitdrawal symptoms started… 

I took back to mexazolam but was never the same… I tried to change to diazepam and I left mexazolam for 6 weeks but it was like hell. 

now I’m taking 2mg of mexazolam and 75mg of venlafaxine. Feeling better but not well. 

I started 4 days ago to take only 1.8 of mexazolam (more less, I don’t have a scale) and I have some headaches and I feel more anxious. normal? 

thanks guys ❤️

[ee...]

Hi @[Kr...]

I’m not familiar with mexazolam or its potency, but if you calculate and taper away somewhere between 5-10% of your total daily dose in ‘weight’ every 10-14 days using the scale below, it should get you on the right track. 

https://www.amazon.com.au/Precision-Milligram-Tweezers-Calibration-Weighing/dp/B011J88S8M

Here’s how to calculate your 5 or 10% reductions:

Scale weight of your total daily dose x 95% = 5% reduction in total daily dose.

Scale weight of your total daily dose x 90% = 10% reduction in total daily dose.

Example: 

Using a calculator 

A tablet weighing 0.172(g) x 95% = new dose weight of 0.1634 (5% reduction)

The scale only weighs to 0.000, so you would simply drop that last digit (4) and shave your tablet to 0.163 or round up to 0.164 and shave…

A tablet weighing 0.172 x 90% = new dose weight of 0.1548 (10% reduction)

Drop the 8 and shave to 0.154 or round up and shave to 0.155

@[Wi...] thank you!! 

the scale is unavailable 🥲

the tablet weight is the amount that I’m taking now, correct? Like 1.8mg x 90%? 

[ee...]

Hi @[Kr...]

No… your 2mg tablets refer to the ‘potency’ of the tablet.. the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) , not the total weight of the tablet, which is a combination of both API and Fillers (Binding agents). 

A similar thing happened to another member with the link.

Depending on where you are… switch to your own Amazon site and type in “smart weigh precision jewellers scale” and then scroll through the various pages of scales until you find that specific scale, or use the link below and purchase the Gem20 which many other members use to taper here. 

https://www.amazon.com.au/Smart-Weigh-GEM20-Precision-Milligram/dp/B00ESHDGOI/ref=asc_df_B00ESHDGOI/?tag=googleshopdsk-22&linkCode=df0&hvadid=341792399930&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9139785815735957834&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9072351&hvtargid=pla-304071963067&psc=1&mcid=b2f73ccdd48739e992674ff2a36cb995