Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

9 Weeks Off Klonopin Update - encouragement after 5 years of use

Hey I am dropping in just to post this for someone who needs encouragement. I'll keep this quick and easy. You can see all my worst symptoms in my history on my profile. I will share what I am dealing with now and continue to update periodically.

Symptoms today at 2 months out:

-Tinnitus (This is my worst symptom, it HAS improved, still I think I'd be healed were this lessened)

-Head Pressure - I have my husband squeeze and massage my head it helps. If you have head pressure consider your breathing, your posture, and your body. I know the head pressure is due to tight muscles that need to relax. 

-Sleep Problems - I have some days where I fall asleep well and other times I need melatonin or unisom. I try to only use sleep aids 2x a week max. 

-Tiredness/ Fatigue - I am tired ALL the time. I get a few hours a day where I have energy, but when I do a lot I am wrecked for the next few days as I rebuild my nervous system.

-Stress- I find I have a lot of stress in my life but I do have faith in God and a supportive church family and husband which pulls me through. Sometimes too much stress will drain resources from my brain and I feel depression hangovers. This is good stress too like a night of socialization or a day of house cleaning. I believe, in time, when my brain is better at dealing with stress I will have more sustainable neurotransmitter production.

-Lack of Motivation- sometimes i am just so bothered by my tinnitus or fatigue I dont do anything. I sit on the couch and watch youtube all day. I used to always be out and about trying to seize the day. I yearn to feel driven and motivated again. 

Well, I really think that is all the stuff that I deal with currently that is worth mentioning. Again check out my history as it has cataloged all my symptoms and as you can see I am down to about 6 "major" symptoms. I used KP for 5/6 years so this isn't some one month taper and "I'm good" thing. 

You can heal, I am healing. It is true this lasts a while and I expect within a year for more improvements but sometimes you're good for a few days then something hits you. At some point you do expect the merry go round of symptoms and aren't surprised as much but more intrigued with how it all works. 

You will get better.  I promise I had months strung together where all I would do is cry and panic and think I'll never be happy again. I stayed positive on this site as there is a lot of negativity and I wanted to show optimism, but I felt as bad as the most negative posts some days. I can't wait to have full spectrum excitement and drive back in my life and joy. It's still not here yet but I know it's within reach. 

Pray for my tinnitus to heal if you're of faith. I hope everyone here gets better. Stay strong. Give it time. 

Michelle 

• Like 1