Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Updose? Help pls!

Hey.

I tapered much too fast from 150 mg V to 6, went back on 10 mg and I am not stabilizing since weeks.

My Dr called and said I should updose to 30 mg and wait.

But I am scared this wont help too because I damaged myself and I tolerate really high doses.

what would YOU do?

is it more probably to stabilize on 30 mg or to wait longer and longer waiting to stabilize on 10 mg?

I don't want to destroy my taper for nothing.

But I am really not functional right now

Hi @[...]

I'm sorry this is so tough. We need a bit more information on your taper history please. Can you please update it as per the instructions below 

On 19/08/2023 at 09:15, [[P...] said:

Please fill in your medication history, taper details and any other pertinent information so others can provide the best feedback for your situation. 

Profile => Edit profile (top-right of profile banner) => Add succinct use/taper/withdrawal history to 'History' text box => click 'Save' (bottom-right).

We need to know when you started tapering and the reductions you made. You can look at my History for example by clicking on the green J then click on the History tab.

10 hours ago, [[j...] said:

Hallo@[...]

Es tut mir leid, dass das so schwierig ist. Wir benötigen bitte etwas mehr Informationen zu Ihrer Taper-Historie. Können Sie es bitte gemäß den folgenden Anweisungen aktualisieren? 

Wir müssen wissen, wann Sie mit dem Tapering begonnen haben und welche Reduzierungen Sie vorgenommen haben. Sie können sich beispielsweise meinen Verlauf ansehen, indem Sie auf das grüne J und dann auf die Registerkarte „Verlauf“ klicken.

I really dont get that I am from Germany but I can describe it Here.

Four month ago I tapered one day to another from 150 mg V to 60 mg V.

After that one day on another from 60 mg V to 10 mg ( I think that is what broke me) and after that 1 mg per week to 5 mg.

Went up to 10 mg a few weeks ago what only helped a few days.

I am damaged 

12 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Wenn Sie innerhalb von vier Monaten von 150 mg Valium auf 5 mg reduziert haben, handelt es sich um eine sehr schnelle Reduzierung. Das Ausschleichen dieser Art von Dosis sollte viel länger dauern. Ich bin nicht überrascht, dass Sie leider Probleme haben. Ich stimme mit Ihrem Arzt überein, die Dosis auf mindestens 30 mg zu erhöhen. Das ist vielleicht nicht genug, aber es ist ein guter Ausgangspunkt. 

Ihren vorherigen Beiträgen entnehme ich, dass Sie von Ihrem Arzt zu einem schnellen Ausschleichen gezwungen wurden. Werden sie eine langsamere Reduzierung unterstützen, wenn Sie die Dosierung erhöhen? Es hilft nicht, wenn man die Dosis auf 30 mg erhöht, aber dann wird man gezwungen, alles innerhalb von 3 Monaten wieder zu reduzieren. Du wirst weiter leiden.

Thank you !

You really think updosing could help even I am in tolerance?

I got a new doc now. I think he got me. He want me to stay on 30 mg but I will tell him that I want to taper again, slower

Yes, I think updosing will help because you tapered too fast, even though you're in tolerance. You might not completely stabilise but it should hopefully get you functional and take the edge off the worst of the symptoms and get you to a point where you can taper again. I do think you need to hold this new dose of 30mg for a couple of weeks, and not start tapering immediately. But if you're in tolerance, you don't want to hold it for too long either because the symptoms will likely come back. 

20 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Ja, ich denke, eine Hochdosierung wird helfen, weil Sie zu schnell reduziert haben, obwohl Sie innerhalb der Toleranzgrenze sind. Möglicherweise stabilisieren Sie sich nicht vollständig, aber es sollte Sie hoffentlich wieder funktionsfähig machen, die schlimmsten Symptome lindern und Sie an einen Punkt bringen, an dem Sie wieder langsamer werden können. Ich denke, dass Sie diese neue Dosis von 30 mg ein paar Wochen lang beibehalten müssen und nicht sofort mit dem Ausschleichen beginnen sollten. Aber wenn Sie in der Toleranz sind, sollten Sie es auch nicht zu lange durchhalten, da die Symptome wahrscheinlich wieder auftreten werden. 

Thank you for your answers. Do you think the symptoms will get as worse as they are now because of tolerance? Because there is no big relief if the updose only helps for two weeks or sth and than I will be stucked on 30 mg with the same symptoms like on 10 mg

@[...]Pamster what do you think

Vor 44 Minuten sagte Jelly Baby:

Ja, ich denke, eine Hochdosierung wird helfen, weil Sie zu schnell reduziert haben, obwohl Sie innerhalb der Toleranzgrenze sind. Möglicherweise stabilisieren Sie sich nicht vollständig, aber es sollte Sie hoffentlich wieder funktionsfähig machen, die schlimmsten Symptome lindern und Sie an einen Punkt bringen, an dem Sie wieder langsamer werden können. Ich denke, dass Sie diese neue Dosis von 30 mg ein paar Wochen lang einhalten müssen und nicht sofort mit dem Ausschleichen beginnen sollten. Aber wenn Sie in der Toleranz sind, sollten Sie es auch nicht zu lange durchhalten, da die Symptome wahrscheinlich wieder auftreten werden. 

Danke für deine Antworten. Glauben Sie, dass die Symptome aufgrund der Toleranz so schlimmer werden, wie sie jetzt sind? Denn es gibt keine große Erleichterung, wenn die Hochdosierung nur zwei Wochen oder so etwas hilft und ich dann auf 30 mg festsitze und die gleichen Symptome wie bei 10 mg habe

Hi @[...], I’m in agreement with your new doctor and @[je...].  You’ve made an incredible start to your taper, going from 150 mgs to 30mgs in such a short time is huge.  But we all need to function in this world and we’re hoping 30 mgs will allow you to do this.

Once stabilized, you can work with your new doctor to taper the rest using your symptoms as a guide to keep you participating in your life.

Getting off the drug, next is recovery and that can take as long or longer than the taper so you might at well settle in for the long haul and keep living your life as best you can. 

1 minute ago, [[P...] said:

Hallo@[...], ich bin mit Ihrem neuen Arzt einverstanden und@[Je...]. Sie haben einen unglaublichen Start in die Ausschleichphase hingelegt. Die Steigerung von 150 mg auf 30 mg in so kurzer Zeit ist enorm. Aber wir alle müssen in dieser Welt funktionieren und wir hoffen, dass Ihnen 30 mg dies ermöglichen.

Sobald Sie sich stabilisiert haben, können Sie mit Ihrem neuen Arzt zusammenarbeiten, um den Rest auszuschleichen. Dabei können Sie sich an Ihren Symptomen orientieren, damit Sie weiterhin an Ihrem Leben teilhaben können.

Nachdem Sie das Medikament abgesetzt haben, steht als Nächstes die Genesung an, und das kann ebenso lange oder länger dauern als das Ausschleichen, Sie können sich also durchaus auf lange Sicht einleben und Ihr Leben so gut wie möglich weiterleben. 

Hey @pamster, I am very glad that you answered.

I really dont know what is right.

I am scared that 30 mg wont help or only help for two weeks because of tolerance so I will be stucked on 30 mg.

I didn't updose yet.

Still thinking about it.

I hate that there is no Garantie that it will help.

Today I just thought about going on with my taper cause I am Not stabilizing..

That is a freaking trap!

This is your decision and we’ll support whatever you decide to do.  Its our job to provide recommendations based on our experience and what we’re learned from others but you’re right @[...], there are no guarantees.  

We don’t know how this will go for you but you can always make changes if it doesn’t go well.  It’s important to be flexible and listen to what your body is telling you and to hopefully act with thought and deliberation instead of reacting in the moment.  It would be advantageous to keep a good record of your doses and symptoms so you can base your decisions on the facts, rather than how you feel from moment to moment. 

1 minute ago, [[P...] said:

Das ist Ihre Entscheidung und wir unterstützen Sie bei allem, wofür Sie sich entscheiden. Es ist unsere Aufgabe, Empfehlungen zu geben, die auf unseren Erfahrungen und dem, was wir von anderen gelernt haben, basieren, aber Sie haben Recht@[...], es gibt keine Garantien.  

Wir wissen nicht, wie das für Sie weitergehen wird, aber Sie können jederzeit Änderungen vornehmen, wenn es nicht gut läuft. Es ist wichtig, flexibel zu sein und auf das zu hören, was Ihr Körper Ihnen sagt, und hoffentlich mit Bedacht und Überlegung zu handeln, anstatt im Moment zu reagieren. Es wäre von Vorteil, eine gute Aufzeichnung Ihrer Dosen und Symptome zu führen, damit Sie Ihre Entscheidungen auf der Grundlage von Fakten treffen können und nicht darauf, wie Sie sich von Moment zu Moment fühlen. 

Thank you again for your great Support! :)

I am scrolling through the whole benzo Side today and that made me go nuts because with some people updosing worked and for others it didn't.

my greatest, greatest fears ist simply that I wont stabilize because of tolerance. 

the big problem here is - If I decide to go up from 10 to 30 for a few weeks and that wont work I will be stucked because of course I can't just move back from 30 to 10 - right?

you are making a good point here.

I will begin writing down my symptoms for a few days and will come back to discuss it again - would that be okay for you to help me again in a few days?

I like the idea of you taking some time to make this decision, because you’re right, its risky and you’ll be the one who has to pay for it.  Because as I said, acting with deliberation can prevent us from putting our bodies through a whiplash scenario of symptoms, reactions and over-reactions.  Our brain thrives on consistency, not chaos so I’m happy you’ve chosen to do this.

And yes, I’ll be around when you come back to report your finding, just use the @ mention tool. 

• Love 1

@[...]Pamster its me again.

I think I Had a terrible wave.

I am "okay" today so I dont want to updose right now. I think I wont get better so I want to do a microtaper.

But I have another problem.

I saw a video about that but I am too stupid right now to understand.

And its Not helpfull its in english only.

Maybe you do understand.

If I put a pill of 10 mg Valium in 300 ml water and reduce 1 ml the first day.

Do ist again the next day and remove 2 ml and so on

What mg am I reducing everyday with that??

Hi @[...], I’m glad to hear you’re feeling okay today, let me ask another member who’s good with tapering questions to drop by, I don’t have experience so I have to rely on others. 

• Love 1

I guess 1/300th of 10mg.  10mg divided by 300. I don't know how long a liquid preparation would last though until it went off.  

38 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Ich schätze 1/300 von 10 mg. 10 mg geteilt durch 300. Ich weiß allerdings nicht, wie lange ein flüssiges Präparat halten würde, bis es verdirbt.  

That makes sense, thank you!

I have to do it every day new.

Every day 10 mg in 300 ml.

What a waste .. :D

1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

Hallo@[...]Ich freue mich zu hören, dass es Ihnen heute gut geht. Lassen Sie mich ein anderes Mitglied, das sich gut mit Tapering-Fragen auskennt, bitten, vorbeizukommen. Ich habe keine Erfahrung und muss mich daher auf andere verlassen. 

Thank you Pamster. :)

I really think down is the only way to go.. but sloooooooooow

I am will to help you.

Do you use a pill splitter and cut up the pill into little bits and taper by removing little bits?

OR

Do you want to do a liquid taper.  If so, watch this video first.

1 hour ago, [[n...] said:

Can't really do liquid with lorazapam but I guess you can with some others

Ns

Hello @[ns...]@[...] was offering to help @[...] with their taper, I asked him to drop by.  

25 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Hello @[ns...]@[...] was offering to help @[...] with their taper, I asked him to drop by.  

Yes I saw this Pamster, this video had Been posted a few times I believe.  Didn't see the one about Math calculations for Salo,  hopefully he can help him with this. I am no goid with math, I didn't even finish high school in the 70s lol. Oh I see your point here. Yes Libertas gave us options on how to go liquid with lorazapam but then told us you can't go liquid with lorazapam as it doesn't completely liquefy. 

Thanks anyway