Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Distorted vision helps.

When I am walking through the garden of my house to go out through the street door, my vision is strange, I see everything distorted (In fact, it happens to me anywhere), when I see a person from very far away or a car, it seems I see it with 100% zoom and everything up close, even when I am in my own house, it seems that I see the walls with zoom, as if my eyes were going to pop out, it is horrible, you feel a pressure on your vision, ¿What symptom is this? ¿Does this improve over time? I don't want to end up wearing glasses, I never had vision problems.

• Like 1

This is all normal. I had vision issues for a while most got better. I had a set back a few months ago and they are back. Hoping they will go away again soon. 

• Like 1

I also have this problem no eye problems before benzos or pills.

2 years off for me still dealing with it daily literally driving me crazy

4 hours ago, [[m...] said:

También tengo este problema, no tenía problemas en los ojos antes de las benzos o las pastillas.

2 años libres para mí y sigo lidiando con eso a diario, literalmente volviéndome loco

I am sorry that you continue to suffer with this symptom after 2 years off, I hope that little by little your vision improves. You can't believe the damage these drugs do, I never thought they would affect my vision.

17 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Todo esto es normal. Tuve problemas de visión por un tiempo y la mayoría mejoró. Tuve un revés hace unos meses y están de vuelta. Esperando que vuelvan a desaparecer pronto. 

It gives me peace of mind to know that all this is normal. ¿How much time do you have free? I have seen several people feel almost 100% and then have a setback, sometimes it is because they drink alcohol or use other drugs when they start to feel better, other times stress can cause a setback.

• 1 month later...
[ha...]

I ended up wearing glasses. Fortunately, I contacted glasses com customer service and at least bought one I like how I look when I wear them. But I can't say what exactly caused my bad eyesight. It might be inherited as several family members also wear glasses.

Edited by [ha...]