Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I was about to say goodbye to Lorazepam and then this happened.

I have been tapering since April of 2022 from 2 mg of Lorazepam down to 1/8.  I was cleaning up my front yard, ranking leaves and I became dizzy and fell backward, broke my wrist in two places and broke a rib.  For three weeks I increased dosage to 3 to 4 mg in order to sleep.  I decided to reduce the dosage and during this time I felt as though I was dying, I had pain below my right rib cage, and I thought it was my gallbladder.  My friends told me to go to ER and I did.   I told the staff at the ER I felt I was dying and I had awful pain, thought it was my gallbladder.  EKG, CT scan, blood tests and nothing wrong with me.  I arrived home and I started to think it might be my tapering off of Lorazepam causing my symptoms.  I get really tired, and I feel as though I have no energy.   No appetite.  I am back down to 1/2 mg but I do not feel good. I am a senior citizen and I do not want to fall again.  I never had any of these symptoms before as I was tapering.  

• Like 1

On 28/01/2024 at 23:29, [[D...] said:

I have been tapering since April of 2022 from 2 mg of Lorazepam down to 1/8.  I was cleaning up my front yard, ranking leaves and I became dizzy and fell backward, broke my wrist in two places and broke a rib.  For three weeks I increased dosage to 3 to 4 mg in order to sleep.  I decided to reduce the dosage and during this time I felt as though I was dying, I had pain below my right rib cage, and I thought it was my gallbladder.  My friends told me to go to ER and I did.   I told the staff at the ER I felt I was dying and I had awful pain, thought it was my gallbladder.  EKG, CT scan, blood tests and nothing wrong with me.  I arrived home and I started to think it might be my tapering off of Lorazepam causing my symptoms.  I get really tired, and I feel as though I have no energy.   No appetite.  I am back down to 1/2 mg but I do not feel good. I am a senior citizen and I do not want to fall again.  I never had any of these symptoms before as I was tapering.  

Oh I'm so sorry Dixie doodle. Ouch I'm sure that hurts. Im.sorry to say it sounds like withdrawal symptoms. Idk for sure of course but it does sound as though you are. When u up dosed, and then went back down, that's where the problem came in. I'm sure someone here will be in touch to assist you. You may need to updose but it all depends on u and many factors. If u don't hear from someone here, go to the the top of your page on the right corner, browse around, you should see personnel or moderators. I'll  ck to be sure. When u get there make a post and ask for help ok, they're very good at this, I'm here as u are.

Ns

1 minute ago, [[n...] said:

Oh I'm so sorry Dixie doodle. Ouch I'm sure that hurts. Im.sorry to say it sounds like withdrawal symptoms. Idk for sure of course but it does sound as though you are. When u up dosed, and then went back down, that's where the problem came in. I'm sure someone here will be in touch to assist you. You may need to updose but it all depends on u and many factors. If u don't hear from someone here, go to the the top of your page on the right corner, browse around, you should see personnel or moderators. I'll  ck to be sure. When u get there make a post and ask for help ok, they're very good at this, I'm here as u are.

Ns

Hi again, go to the top right corner. You'll see account, below that you'll see staff, click on that you'll see the staff,  click on one of those and make a post for assistance ok

Goid luck to u

Ns

Hi @[Di...],

I am so sorry!  That sounds awful.  How is your wrist and your ribs?   Are they healed?  And I was thinking that there might be a few things causing your symptoms.  I think that breaking bones and the subsequent healing process could really rev up withdrawal symptoms for quite some time.  Also, up dosing can, I think, sometimes cause symptoms, even if it helped you sleep.  And I was wondering how fast you tapered back down?  Maybe it was just too fast given everything your body was dealing with from the trauma of broken bones.

I have been dizzy and unsteady all through my taper and for the five months since I jumped off.   I've also gone  through a period of several weeks when my gallbladder, or the area where it is, would hurt horribly.   I think it's pretty safe to say that what you are experiencing is from withdrawal, especially since you had the testing done.

I'm not sure there's much to do, except wait for your body to settle back down, but I think it will with time.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for posting.  I am relieved to report my symptoms have gone away and I have stabilized.  I had to updose to .75 mg to be able to sleep and feel better.  I have my appetite back.  I still get tired at end of day.  I have decided I am not capable of doing this alone.  I am going to visit compound pharmacy tomorrow and ask them if they would be able to compound valium. When I get down to 1/2 mg of Lorazepam, I will switch to longer acting benzo.  I know my Doctor will work with me on this but she has no idea about Benzos and how they work and I talked to mental health facility and they told me they can help me.  I am going to start reducing April 1st.  It seems like all of the experts on how to get off Benzos want a fortune.