Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

19 months CT

Thought I was coming out of this. Did a little aerobic exercise the last couple days. Felt good afterwards. Last night into today morning body aches and benzo belly have subsided. Now I'm getting blasted with depression and anger (more frustration) at the same time. Can't stand to be around anyone or talk to them. Getting very difficult to drive which was not a problem early on. Anyone else experience this? This whole thing is not for the weak. Just getting stupid.

Frustration definitely, but it took a long time for us to get into this state and so it is not surprising it takes a long time to get out of it. I don't have anyone around me but I am sure if I did I wouldn't be able to stand them either ! Just because they cannot possibly understand unless they were going through it themselves. With driving a lot of it is done on autopilot so I expect in our heightened state we are less able to switch into that mode.  The whole thing is one big process of recalibrating our system and affects every thing we do.   More time must pass and then more time after that, however frustrating. 

• Like 1

I will be going into my 19th month in a few days.  I feel much like you.  I feel good then not good.  It is really hard to cope at times with the fluctuating moods and irritability.  It’s like I am two different people.  I Cannot handle stress of any kind.  I

• Like 1

Well Picklepickle sorry to hear you are going through this also. But the "misery loves company" does help a little to keep one's sanity. o_O

• Like 1

I’m not glad we’re suffering but I’m relieved people are talking about the anger and mood swings.

Exposing these withdrawal demons help decrease the suffering a little bit for me, and hopefully for others.

im learning how not feel shame over these awful emotions and thoughts.

i mean it, thank you.

• Like 1

Pinster. Just trying to let you know you are not alone.  I know One day we will write a success story.