Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What if i get medicated with benzos again ?

Hi guys my symptoms got alot better but im honestly just soo scared like what if something emergency happens to my health in the future and drs end up medicating me with benzos again without my knowledge? Will it bring back all the withdrawal even just 1 dose after years of being clean ? Do i have to forever live in fear? Im terrified of hospitals now 

[77...]

Hi @[...]

It’s really great to hear your symptoms are now a lot better. 

I would try to not get caught up in ‘what ifs’ 

There have been those members in recovery who have been through necessary procedures under a ‘one off’ benzo without issue, as well as those who may have experienced a brief onset of symptoms or setback, but, I think the sensible thing to do in the future (if facing any kind of procedure) is to advise those involved of your history with these medications and preference to avoid their use if at all possible. 

Remember… it would only be the ‘one dose’ if at all.

Try not to stress too much. 

I am going in for a colonoscopy later in year and have no problems with Diazepam for that day only

Do the one day, forgive self, and move on. That way I will be using the Diazepam and not the other way round  :)

• Like 1