Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Symptom?

I have noticed that more and more I am having stomach troubles: very gassy, a strange tightnes and  ... fullness, like I've just had a huge meal. Tightness. I drink ginger beer which helps a bit but it makes me scared to eat lest I feel like I'm going to burst.   Has anyone else experienced this? Will it pass eventually?  The feeling sure doesn't help the anxiety! Thx  x

33 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

I have noticed that more and more I am having stomach troubles: very gassy, a strange tightnes and  ... fullness, like I've just had a huge meal. Tightness. I drink ginger beer which helps a bit but it makes me scared to eat lest I feel like I'm going to burst.   Has anyone else experienced this? Will it pass eventually?  The feeling sure doesn't help the anxiety! Thx  x

Attaloss, hi, sounds like it's withdrawal kind of symptoms. Spasms. 

I hope it calms down for u. Usually you can figure out what causes it to flare 

Hope that helps

Ns

Hi @[At...] -  the bloating you describe and digestive problems of all kinds are common in withdrawal - it's known as "benzo belly".  Withdrawal symptoms like this tend to ease up and fade away over time as your brain and body readjust and heal after benzos.

Here's a link that talks about bloating in withdrawal: https://withdrawal.theinnercompass.org/symptom/bloated-belly