Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

how long do vivid / bad dreams last also racing thoughts ?

hi everyone was just wondering throughout my withdrawal i’m 5 months from jumping every night pretty much i still get ultra vivid dreams ! 
there not always nightmares but these literally happen all night even if i wake up and go back to sleep i’ll start into a different dream and there just tiring i would just like a normal nights sleep ! 

iv also been suffering with racing thoughts for some weeks now like constantly i wonder if this could be linked to the dreams ? 
this also ties in with some ocd thought patterns that iv never had before ! 

just wondering if this happens to anyone else this far out from stopping and how long they lasted for thanks in advance 

Edited by Guest

I'm so sorry you're having this😞

I had that very much in the beginning, but it slowly subsided in month 4. I did ct and are 7 years out, I'm currently in a setback because of an surgery, and the racing thoughts are back in the mornings, they're so annoying, but as I do know this from before 7 years back I manage to not freak out, I just try to accept, ignore and distract from them. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, [[E...] said:

I'm so sorry you're having this😞

I had that very much in the beginning, but it slowly subsided in month 4. I did ct and are 7 years out, I'm currently in a setback because of an surgery, and the racing thoughts are back in the mornings, they're so annoying, but as I do know this from before 7 years back I manage to not freak out, I just try to accept, ignore and distract from them. 

hey thanks for the reply yeah i’m Almost 6 months out and there bad atm i know i just need to hold out for them to go just annoying they don’t seem to be going away 

[1d...]

Hi @[ad...]

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I’m sorry you’re going through these difficult symptoms, but they are indeed symptoms. 

It’s difficult to know how long they will last as each persons recovery is different.

In time, the nightmares and/or vivid dreams should ease. All I can advise you to do is to try not to panic too much, as any increased fear will often intensify symptoms because it overstimulates the nervous system. I understand that such symptoms ( including the racing thoughts and OCD patterns ) are very distressing and are clearly wearing on you, so you’re not expected to just dismiss them altogether as if they were nothing, but just try not to focus too much energy or concern on them… As @[El...] mentioned… she just tries to accept, ignore and distract from them until they run their course. 

Many members have experienced these symptoms beyond 5 months, so please don’t be overly concerned about the way your recovery is trekking. Even though you are experiencing these difficult symptoms, certain repairs are still taking place. 

You are still healing. 

On 27/01/2024 at 13:25, [[W...] said:

Hi @[ad...]

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I’m sorry you’re going through these difficult symptoms, but they are indeed symptoms. 

It’s difficult to know how long they will last as each persons recovery is different.

In time, the nightmares and/or vivid dreams should ease. All I can advise you to do is to try not to panic too much, as any increased fear will often intensify symptoms because it overstimulates the nervous system. I understand that such symptoms ( including the racing thoughts and OCD patterns ) are very distressing and are clearly wearing on you, so you’re not expected to just dismiss them altogether as if they were nothing, but just try not to focus too much energy or concern on them… As @[El...] mentioned… she just tries to accept, ignore and distract from them until they run their course. 

Many members have experienced these symptoms beyond 5 months, so please don’t be overly concerned about the way your recovery is trekking. Even though you are experiencing these difficult symptoms, certain repairs are still taking place. 

You are still healing. 

hey thanks a lot for the reply sorry it’s taken me a while to reply back ! 
i understand as you said its just a little distressing a lot of my physical symptoms have gone but still come back in waves , its just alot of mental symptoms sticking around most of the time unfortunately distressing one arm is the OCD patterns as iv never dealt with that before ! 
but i will keep pushing on in the hope it heals