Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Can anyone say "mood-swings"?

I went to bed lastnight, read for about half an hour, fell asleep for about 2 hours.  I've been up since 1 a.m. so I'm not feeling very chipper.  I did get into some math "self educating myself" since numbers still tear my mind up.

I realized thanks to someone here that helped me so much, that the weight of my tablet could be converted into dosage, so I changed my "History" of taper info.  I was really feeling stupid since I've been telling people I tapered 3% most of my taper, and that turned out to be totally not true since I want to tell folks "in dosage", not weight of pill.

Anyway, for myself, it was a bit of a let-down, I'm tapering much slower than I thought, at 1% or 2%, but I've still had some bad wd sxs. Bad at least for me to handle.  So I definitely have to hold this time, even though my last cut was just 1%.  I was on the damn things for 35 years + the 9-10 months I've been tapering so I don't know what I expected. I do realize I've had some amazing windows and there will be more, slow and steady. 

I don't know, half the time I'm crying and the other half laughin my ass off. :2funny::brickwall::cry: Can anybody say "moodswings"? A doctor would probably tell me I'm bipolar and try putting me on some other horrible drug, so I'm keeping my mouth shut. 

Hoping everyone one of you are doing good today and are not deterred by my post, oregonlady

PS I was going to put this all in my "progress" report but realized it doesn't look like any progress I'd want to read. I'm off to see if there's someone else I can help, that always helps me get out of "self" and my own little pity party ::)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, [[o...] said:

I went to bed lastnight, read for about half an hour, fell asleep for about 2 hours.  I've been up since 1 a.m. so I'm not feeling very chipper.  I did get into some math "self educating myself" since numbers still tear my mind up.

I realized thanks to someone here that helped me so much, that the weight of my tablet could be converted into dosage, so I changed my "History" of taper info.  I was really feeling stupid since I've been telling people I tapered 3% most of my taper, and that turned out to be totally not true since I want to tell folks "in dosage", not weight of pill.

Anyway, for myself, it was a bit of a let-down, I'm tapering much slower than I thought, at 1% or 2%, but I've still had some bad wd sxs. Bad at least for me to handle.  So I definitely have to hold this time, even though my last cut was just 1%.  I was on the damn things for 35 years + the 9-10 months I've been tapering so I don't know what I expected. I do realize I've had some amazing windows and there will be more, slow and steady. 

I don't know, half the time I'm crying and the other half laughin my ass off. :2funny::brickwall::cry: Can anybody say "moodswings"? A doctor would probably tell me I'm bipolar and try putting me on some other horrible drug, so I'm keeping my mouth shut. 

Hoping everyone one of you are doing good today and are not deterred by my post, oregonlady

PS I was going to put this all in my "progress" report but realized it doesn't look like any progress I'd want to read. I'm off to see if there's someone else I can help, that always helps me get out of "self" and my own little pity party ::)

So sorry you feel a let down but hey, now you know. Your doing great!

got me too, but in a different way. then I realized I had actually tapered more than I realized. When learning the scale I was adding the extra ingredients that are in the pill. So I thought I was right at 3/4mg per day. Now I realize thanks to Winters sun that I'm actually taking less than I thought and now more consistently. I was using my eyes to taper, what a mistake! Never want to do that! I've Been taking different doses, mostly close but not close enough. That's one reason I think I've been Having a rough time. So now I'm on a regular routine with my dose and learning how to do a 5% cut once I stabilize.  Couldn't figure out why I wasn't stabilizing, uh da,lol. 

A little different than you but still caused us to have set back. 

Hope all goes well oregonlady 

Take care

Hugs

Ns

Edited by [ns...]
Additions and corrections
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Yep got me too. But then I realized I had actually tapered more than I realized. When learning the scale I was adding the extra ingredients that are in the pill. So I thought I was right at 3/4mg per day. Now I realize thanks to Winters sun that I'm actually taking less than I thought and now more consistently. I was using my eyes to taper, what a mistake! Never want to do that! I've Bern taking different doses, mostly close but not close enough. That's one reason I think I've ber. Having a rough time. So now I'm on a regular routine with my dose and learning how to do a 5% cut once I stabilize.  Couldn't figure out why I wasn't stabilizing, uh da,lol. 

A little different than you but still caused us to have set back. 

Hope all goes well oregonlady 

Take care

Hugs

Ns

Very like me @nsindy as I did the cutting with my fingernails earlier on and I still have no idea what I was actually cutting.  With the scales I was shocked at how little I was taking of my dose, when I thought it was only half, or a quarter before that!  Are we lucky or what that we found BB!!  oregonlady, we're on the right track now :hug:I meant to say I was taking way bigger cuts than I thought ;)

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 2

We sure are! I would have never figured out what to do. People are so great, kind and helpful. Om really going thru a rough time because of this, my nervous system is lit up, so It's time to get back to how I was doing. We'll get there now that we have the right numbers!

Ns

• Like 2

I just posted a video on soothing the nervous system with Emma on YouTube therapy in a nutshell. Hope you take time to watch. It's in anxiety and benzo withdrawal topics.

Good stuff, I hope everyone takes advantage of it!

Ns

Edited by [ns...]
Additions and corrections
  • Like 2

Thank you @[ns...] I will watch it and am sure others will to if they see it!! oregonlady, take care and see you later ♥️

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 1

@[or...] I hesitate to chime in here, but, after looking at your history, I really think you are doing much better with your percentages than you think!  I was taught that to calculate the percentage decrease (or difference) between 2 numbers was by taking (higher # - lower #)/(higher#) × 100.  So for example, in the case of your cut from .61 to .58 (where I think you said you were feeling so terrible after this cut)...(0.61-0.58)/(0.61) × 100 = 4.9%.  Or your current cut... (0.58-0.57)/(0.58) × 100 = 1.7%.  Hope this makes you feel better!

• Like 3

Oh wow. Thank you for posting that video. I practiced this with her and it WORKED! Knowing there is a way out of an anxiety attack is in itself very calming. It generates hope.  

Good stuff!! I love BB

• Like 1

11 hours ago, [[E...] said:

@[or...] I hesitate to chime in here, but, after looking at your history, I really think you are doing much better with your percentages than you think!  I was taught that to calculate the percentage decrease (or difference) between 2 numbers was by taking (higher # - lower #)/(higher#) × 100.  So for example, in the case of your cut from .61 to .58 (where I think you said you were feeling so terrible after this cut)...(0.61-0.58)/(0.61) × 100 = 4.9%.  Or your current cut... (0.58-0.57)/(0.58) × 100 = 1.7%.  Hope this makes you feel better!

Hi @[El...],  That looks similar but I just woke up, to the equation I found online yesterday, but what seems to stump me, if that's the same and I'll show you the one I was doodling with on paper, I couldn't figure out how to get to the final percent. 

My biggest issue is my calculator is on grams as there is no milligram mode. I'm so glad for you answer because I was too prideful to bring this up yesterday, thank you!  So my scale starts out with 0.000, with other settings to choose from like gn (grains I guess) at 0.00.  So I can't wrap my head around a number like 0.106 for example. Do I round that up to 0.107?  Or here another, 0.169? Round to 0.170 or just go for 0.169?

I think I need to understand rounding off numbers?

Did you see how I was going from 1% to 2% every other day or so?  That's what bothered me most.  Slow and  Steady not back and forth, oregonlady :hug:

Just one more thing I have learned and remembered is to how to get to dose:  .097 / .170 = 57% of dose (.170 is original C tablet TEVA brand average weight)

Edited by [or...]

Wouldn’t it be great if there was an app that assisted with these tapering calculations. I’m imagining a bespoke feature tailored to input your medication, what % reduction plan you’re following, an option to hold & algorithm to work it all out. 

• Love 1

I knew about, and saw several Excel spreadsheets that supposedly did this for others, but damned if I could figure a one of them out for myself. I used to do Spreadsheets for large companies I worked for, today?? omg, I'd be fired :idiot: even if I was hired for my glamorous great looks, and charm :2funny:

• Like 1

How about we make ourselves a challenge, I could do something to help, but if you're savvy with numbers, you could be the leader and we could build an app.  I always wanted to do that :clap: Wouldn't that be a wonderful contribution to help ourselves and others, not necessarily in that order, lol, oregonlady

So far, this is a maths idea. But there’s scope to add on features like WD symptoms, interactions (other meds) & mood! A taper/mood tracker of sorts. 

• Love 1

we better take this conversation "private" LOL, or someone might steal away our ideas ;)  or we get in trouble for going off topic?? Wait, maybe it isn't off topic :highfive:::)

Yeah, it's weird how moods go, glad you mentioned it. There are times I see something funny on TV and laugh like crazy. Then I'm a wreck rest of the day, fits of rage, then end up going through a crying jag late night to early morning.

But I'll take whatever few laughs I have.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Yeah, it's weird how moods go, glad you mentioned it. There are times I see something funny on TV and laugh like crazy. Then I'm a wreck rest of the day, fits of rage, then end up going through a crying jag late night to early morning.

But I'll take whatever few laughs I have.

Hi Cat, it's good to be around others that show us we are not alone :hug:I'm so glad you are here, and hope so many more join us.  It's been such a lifeline, I'm getting to meet so many people, so I'm so grateful for internet.  I could pass by the same person in Walmart every day, or on the street, and never know we had anything in common, especially something like this, oregonlady ♥️

• Like 1

@[or...]I would be very happy to look at the equation you are using to calculate your percentages.  Perhaps I can help?  I am unclear about your question on rounding.  If you scale read out says, for example, 0.169 grams, you would use the entire number, 0.169 grams, for any further calculations.  The only time you might need to round is after a calculation is done.  For example...if you wanted to calculate a 1% reduction from 0.169 grams, you would take 0.169 × 0.99 = 0.16731.  Since your scale only goes to 3 figures after the decimal point, in this case you would round down to 0.167 grams. So, your new dose would be 0.167 grams.  Anytime the number next to the last significant figure is less than 5, you round down.  If it greater than or equal to 5, you round up.  So, if your calculated number was 0.17867, for example, you would round to 0.179.

Also, as an aside, I did find a great app that tracks symptoms/mood with medication.  It is called "Bearable"  you can track mood, all your symptions, stress, nutrition/hydration, sleep, exercise, etc.  The regular version is free.  I got the deluxe which has a very small monthly charge.  I use it everyday to graph my dose vs symptoms/mood/exercise/diet etc.  It enables me to keep better track of each day so I can make changes in my dosing as I can foresee certain symtoms ramping up or settling down in a more visual way, rather than just writing things in a diary.  It takes a little practice to get used to.  I have been using it since October and I still find new ways to utilize it.

Let me know if I can help with calculations! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

@[or...]I would be very happy to look at the equation you are using to calculate your percentages.  Perhaps I can help?  I am unclear about your question on rounding.  If you scale read out says, for example, 0.169 grams, you would use the entire number, 0.169 grams, for any further calculations.  The only time you might need to round is after a calculation is done.  For example...if you wanted to calculate a 1% reduction from 0.169 grams, you would take 0.169 × 0.99 = 0.16731.  Since your scale only goes to 3 figures after the decimal point, in this case you would round down to 0.167 grams. So, your new dose would be 0.167 grams.  Anytime the number next to the last significant figure is less than 5, you round down.  If it greater than or equal to 5, you round up.  So, if your calculated number was 0.17867, for example, you would round to 0.179.

Also, as an aside, I did find a great app that tracks symptoms/mood with medication.  It is called "Bearable"  you can track mood, all your symptions, stress, nutrition/hydration, sleep, exercise, etc.  The regular version is free.  I got the deluxe which has a very small monthly charge.  I use it everyday to graph my dose vs symptoms/mood/exercise/diet etc.  It enables me to keep better track of each day so I can make changes in my dosing as I can foresee certain symtoms ramping up or settling down in a more visual way, rather than just writing things in a diary.  It takes a little practice to get used to.  I have been using it since October and I still find new ways to utilize it.

Let me know if I can help with calculations! 

Okay Ellie I think this cleared the whole thing up for me plus the app sounds wonderful I'll look and see if I've got it on my Android or not if not I can live without the app but you did clear up the rounding question for me thank you so much I'll let you know how it's going, Oregonlady!!

4 hours ago, [[E...] said:

Hello @[El...].  Thank you for telling us about the app you’ve been using.  I’ve been working on a grant proposal to develop a “Taper Support Toolkit” and a symptom tracker is one of the must-have tools.  I’ve been reviewing existing trackers for ideation — the one you shared was new to me so I appreciate the heads up!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, [[E...] said:

The only time you might need to round is after a calculation is done.  For example...if you wanted to calculate a 1% reduction from 0.169 grams, you would take 0.169 × 0.99 = 0.16731.  Since your scale only goes to 3 figures after the decimal point, in this case you would round down to 0.167 grams. So, your new dose would be 0.167 grams.

Hi @[El...], what mixed me up happened way back closer to the beginning of my taper.  I was shown that I was causing myself to taper more than I wanted because I was rounding.  I knew "how" to round, but I got confused as to "when" to round. Now that I wrote that I'm still confusing myself so very grateful for your input above I quoted.

I so much appreciate the examples you entered and will follow them starting with my next taper I hope will be soon.  I am having migraines, mostly milder ones, but I don't think they are going to stop happening so I plan to taper again on the 1st of Feb.  I'll see how I feel of course.

I also have the app but it was a little overwhelming for me when I glanced at it so I'll try to evaluate it closer when I feel a bit better :balloon: thanks so much for your time spent helping me, oregonlady :hug: