Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Weird head pressure

That’s weird but my head pressure is not just head pressure but seems to be extending. 

It feels like pressure at the back of my head and neck and it does the classic head squeezing, causes paresthesia, nerve pains. Sometimes it stays there only. Sometimes it feels like something is burning at the back of my neck but not my skin.

But it also often sort of goes down my back and the pressure feels sort of like an electric current (not buzzing). When it’s bad the pressure can be felt in my throat, chest, stomach. Feels like the head pressure is the cause of these other sensations. Like it’s my vagus nerve or something. Anyone knows what I am talking about?

• Like 1

Yes @[Wi...], I have had sinus issues, than pressure around my eyes and my nose. This later formed into burning skin feeling, that later somehow turned into a burning band sensation around the eyes and head, which later formed into whole body skin sensitivity slowly, sort of an evolution. I also have various chest sensations, itching, etc. 

I believe it has to run it's course. 

Having said that I still think the whole thing is crazy. :idiot:

8 hours ago, [[W...] said:

That’s weird but my head pressure is not just head pressure but seems to be extending. 

It feels like pressure at the back of my head and neck and it does the classic head squeezing, causes paresthesia, nerve pains. Sometimes it stays there only. Sometimes it feels like something is burning at the back of my neck but not my skin.

But it also often sort of goes down my back and the pressure feels sort of like an electric current (not buzzing). When it’s bad the pressure can be felt in my throat, chest, stomach. Feels like the head pressure is the cause of these other sensations. Like it’s my vagus nerve or something. Anyone knows what I am talking about?

@[Wi...], i think i know the sensations you described but it's difficult to say exactly. Sometimes i wonder how i can feel the same ache in my head and somewhere inside my throat, hips, midriff or wherever. All the burning (not the skin, deeper inside), pressure. And sometimes i feel as if my headache goes down my legs or feet in kind of waves and stays there... Weird. But it feels a bit better than in the head.

And to reassure myself and others - I really agree with @[Re...] that it has to run its course but it's absolutely crazy...

Edited by [...]

49 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Same. It’s been terrible. Yesterday it built up so badly that I had a panic attack or I don’t know what that was. It felt like the electricity shot down and my head and upper body were on fire for 20 minutes. My head symptoms are horrific now. Pressure, squeezing, buzzing, zinging, stabbing nerve pains, burning, electric feelings. It even feels like my brain is doing flip flops and like somebody is strangling it. All this is all over, sometimes more in the back, sometimes sides, sometimes front. The pressure also goes into my shoulders and this causes severe pain in upper body. This is a newish symptom because while I did have some head pressure in the last months, it was never that disabling. 

@[Wi...], yes. I recognize most of the sensations(

Edited by [...]