Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Finally left the house after nearly 11 months

@[dj...]Yes 11 months just putting the bins out and feeding the birds out the back. Its been even longer since I've been in a shop of any kind. 

@[dj...] this is so true.  I have a sister who is supporting me through this, but her version of support now is if I don't get out of the house in 10 minutes after she comes she goes home.  We did eventually fight over this and she's softened a bit,  but she heaps the pressure on.  I've gone for walks, to cafes, to supermarkets, and all I have now are the weird sick memories of doing it and it's only filled me with more anguish.  The problem is many other brain injuries respond well to stimuli, making new connections and relearning things.  We don't have that type of injury at all.  How can you "learn" to wake up in the morning and feel normal, relaxed and sleepy.  I wake up every morning and haven't learnt it.  

Biggest problem with this is no one wants to deal with the reality of our situation. In fact most people will trigger you rather than try to understand. And spew bad advice like go see the doctor (for more pills to get off of). It's really is weird to say the least. Very little compassion anywhere even from the white coats that started the problem. When I get through this and I will, I think I will be able to endure almost anything. There is only one way to the exit door. Ride that dark road until you see light at the end of the tunnel. Also educate yourself on what you are experiencing. Keeps the road more manageable. And accept that you're probably not going to get much help anywhere except here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Biggest problem with this is no one wants to deal with the reality of our situation. In fact most people will trigger you rather than try to understand. And spew bad advice like go see the doctor (for more pills to get off of). It's really is weird to say the least. Very little compassion anywhere even from the white coats that started the problem. When I get through this and I will, I think I will be able to endure almost anything. There is only one way to the exit door. Ride that dark road until you see light at the end of the tunnel. Also educate yourself on what you are experiencing. Keeps the road more manageable. And accept that you're probably not going to get much help anywhere except here.

People would understand it if we had advocates in the medical community.  But we don’t.  That will come in time. Hell, I was having all the electric current stuff, headaches, muscle tension, internal vibrations, cognitive issues, akathisia stuff, and my doctor kept telling my wife it was all anxiety.  So then my wife kept making me go see therapists.  I was so out of my mind at my therapy appointments that I couldn’t take anything in.  And then my wife accused me of not taking therapy seriously.  And she divorced me. 

Progress is being made.  It’s just slow. That Benzo Reform Coalition is doing some pretty good stuff.  Lots of research and more press. 

Edited by [dj...]
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, [[d...] said:

People would understand it if we had advocates in the medical community.  But we don’t.  That will come in time. Hell, I was having all the electric current stuff, headaches, muscle tension, internal vibrations, cognitive issues, akathisia stuff, and my doctor kept telling my wife it was all anxiety.  So then my wife kept making me go see therapists.  I was so out of my mind at my therapy appointments that I couldn’t take anything in.  And then my wife accused me of not taking therapy seriously.  And she divorced me. 

Progress is being made.  It’s just slow. That Benzo Reform Coalition is doing some pretty good stuff.  Lots of research and more press. 

At least we have people here that understand today's been a really rough one for me and I know so many have it worse than I do so I hate to complain but some people I've known for a long long time I think since about 2017 I've been on a senior forum and I'm not getting along there because I just got so messed up after starting this withdrawal I mean I wasn't that good before I started but anyway people that can't understand just think I'm nuts so that's just the way it is I think we're all going to survive we just hang together I'm sorry you lost your relationship but I know what that's like I've been alone over 25 years mostly because of I believe the benzo cuz I haven't been myself for a long time

Hey @[WU...], thought of you today, and you actually got me wanting to do a walk so I did it today.  I needed to let you know I still felt just as bad when I got back.  That told me a lot that this wd thing I'm experiencing now is much worse than I've had in the whole 9-10 months.  I always felt way better after walks but not this time. I can sympathize with you more now :classic_love:

My next taper is going to be only 1%, see how that goes.  I so hope you are doing better today, maybe see you soon, oregonlady :hug:

Sorry to hear that @[or...] walking is supposed to work wonders for every kind of ailment....  we are the only exception with benzos, nothing works!  Keep going and slowly but surely we will all get there

• Love 1