Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Universal

I’m newish here and learning so much.

Wherever we are in the world we are all affected by the impact that benzos can have so it’s universal. Comparing and sharing stories across timelines helps me immensely in understanding what’s happening to my system and mind.  I feel I was railroaded into taking benzos along with a cocktail of  other weird and wonderful medicines of all kinds. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 
I didn’t know about waves, windows, recovery (as that’s not really mentioned or acknowledged by prescribers) squeezing, the paradoxical issues that I know I’ve experienced, agoraphobia that can keep you imprisoned! the bloody awful anxiety that is relentless. Other skills learnt are: a bit of scientific research, looking at studies, strength when you’re knackered (dealing with practitioners) mathematics (tapering) and writing which I think I’m getting better at now fog has lifted! 

It has been a steep learning curve for me too. I still can't get over how long it took me to realise it was the drugs all along. The drugs effects are so insidious, you never suspect the harm.

• Like 1