Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

7 year wave worse than acute

I am in the worst wave ever at 7years 1 month. I can’t comprehend why. I have not used any substance, not under extra stress… utterly overwhelming terrible feelings, extreme dizziness. I have worked throughout WD but it’s becoming almost impossible.Having to live minute to minute often. Also this is persisting in a way waves have not before. Any support is appreciated, esp by anyone with a similar experience. Thank you.

• Like 1

Hi @[gu...]-

I'm so sorry you're coping with a terrible wave.  It's really frustrating that there's no identifiable trigger.   You mentioned recently in another thread that Baylissa gave you reassurance that this was not uncommon.  One thought I had is that it might be helpful for you to join the Long Haulers group.  There might be members there who have had similar experiences.  Seems like it would be worth reaching out for support there too.

• Love 1

11 hours ago, [[g...] said:

I am in the worst wave ever at 7years 1 month. I can’t comprehend why. I have not used any substance, not under extra stress… utterly overwhelming terrible feelings, extreme dizziness. I have worked throughout WD but it’s becoming almost impossible.Having to live minute to minute often. Also this is persisting in a way waves have not before. Any support is appreciated, esp by anyone with a similar experience. Thank you.

Have you heard about the benzo surge? It sometimes happens right before you heal and alot of your symptoms disappear

• Like 1

Lemon soda, yes, I have heard of the surge and yesterday I felt optimistic that might be what’s happening to me. Today, after another two hours of vertigo in the middle of the night, I am overwhelmed and so frightened. Honest to God I feel like I’m back in acute, except in a whole new way. Thank you for reaching out. I see that you and I are in the same time frame.

Brighterday, I appreciate your support, and your suggestion. However, the long haulers group is much too scary for me!

5 hours ago, [[g...] said:

Brighterday, I appreciate your support, and your suggestion. However, the long haulers group is much too scary for me!

I understand - We know what we can and can't handle and I believe it's important to take care of ourselves by not pushing ourselves to do things we know might cause too much stress.

• Like 1

On 26/01/2024 at 04:54, [[L...] said:

Have you heard about the benzo surge? It sometimes happens right before you heal and alot of your symptoms disappear

I'm also in a setback 7 years out, and it's almost like gutsy worse than acute.

Are there any links to any threads about this?