Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Covid and flu HELL emergency

The past 3 weeks I have been struggling with both covid as severe flu. Everyone around me is sick. 

since a couple of days my akathasia is back to accute 

cannot take another minute 

don’t know how to survive 

I can’t take it anymore 

how long did your akathasia setback take after virus ?

please let me know 

mental horror is severe I haven’t breng like this the past months . I feel so bad can’t I can’t anymore 

please if anyone had this too tell me how it went for you 

On 25/01/2024 at 07:40, [[M...] said:

The past 3 weeks I have been struggling with both covid as severe flu. Everyone around me is sick. 

I can’t take it anymore 

please let me know 

mental horror is severe I haven’t breng like this the past months . I feel so bad can’t I can’t anymore 

I'm so sorry youre suffering with this! I had covid last yr. It made me so much worse. My symptoms seemed to get more intense, didn't think I'd make it. It was so hard, just having covid was bad enough but on top of withdrawal? Yes I was miserable and I'm so sorry you are going thru this. 

I can only say to hang on, focus on getting well from covid. Eat ND drink what u can but stay hydrated ok

Get well soon

Ns

• Love 1

Ty nsindy my bone pain and dystonia off the charts😭😭😭😭

Blood pooling even around my mouth in my face . God it is horrible 

• Like 1

[55...]

So sorry to hear you’re in the depths with the addition of Covid, @[Ma...].

I just hope these painful symptoms ease as quickly as possible for you. 

Take good care of yourself. 🫂

Ty @[Wi...] I cannot do this much longer I am absolutely pro life and life is precious but I cannot do this much longer 

[55...]

My thoughts are with you @[Ma...]

How long ago did you contract Covid?

Please just continue pushing through (one day at a time) until the tide turns… 

We are all pulling for you! 🫂

9 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Ty @[Wi...] I cannot do this much longer I am absolutely pro life and life is precious but I cannot do this much longer 

I know you are suffering but please hang in there, your children need you.

I am so sorry it’s happening to you. 

• Love 1

[55...]

Sorry @[Ma...]

I see it’s been a few weeks…

Even the basic flu can linger for several weeks, so please just be as gentle as possible with yourself. I’m sure things will gradually improve.

As @[Wi...] said… “please hang in there.” 🫂

17 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Ty nsindy my bone pain and dystonia off the charts😭😭😭😭

Blood pooling even around my mouth in my face . God it is horrible 

Mascha44444, how are you today?

Just saw your last post. Why is there blood pooling around your mouth? Have you seen a doctor? Been to.the er. 

Please message me back. I'll be praying for you sweetheart. I know it's really hard, I had it and I was starting I'm withdrawal, I felt that I couldn't go on, but I pushed thru it. You are stronger than you know! Trust me, you really are. Just like with withdrawl,  focus on something else, watch TV, try your best to be grateful,  thankful. I know  I know that's sounds crazy but trust me, it will help u.

Please let me know how your doing ok, sorry I didn't see this til now

Praying for you sweetheart 

Ns

• Love 1

Tysm winters sun and nsindy willhelasoom 

somethinf happens with this covid. I was thinking it was never possible to get worse but it did, 

It literally feels like there is a big wound inside my brain which is infected , my bones are feeling broken as if someone took a bat and keep on hitting my knees and shoulders and back. 
So weak that I am struggling to go to toilet. 
complete body feels like its exploding, inside out bursting exploding feeling like a chemical substance is bursting out of my skin. 
St the same time my dystonia is very severe I can only lay down mostly on fetal position . My child had to leave to her father. 

I am so scared. All is so intense

thank you for the messages 

I won’t end my life don’t Worry I am not suicidal but I just cannot hold on much longer like this, something has to change, 

nsindy Ty so much for your sweet words. 
I appreciate so much each of you for sending message. 
the fever is gone now I am in day 8 Corona now I pray it gets better,

much love to all of u

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Tysm winters sun and nsindy willhelasoom 

somethinf happens with this covid. I was thinking it was never possible to get worse but it did, 

It literally feels like there is a big wound inside my brain which is infected , my bones are feeling broken as if someone took a bat and keep on hitting my knees and shoulders and back. 
So weak that I am struggling to go to toilet. 
complete body feels like its exploding, inside out bursting exploding feeling like a chemical substance is bursting out of my skin. 
St the same time my dystonia is very severe I can only lay down mostly on fetal position . My child had to leave to her father. 

I am so scared. All is so intense

thank you for the messages 

I won’t end my life don’t Worry I am not suicidal but I just cannot hold on much longer like this, something has to change, 

nsindy Ty so much for your sweet words. 
I appreciate so much each of you for sending message. 
the fever is gone now I am in day 8 Corona now I pray it gets better,

much love to all of u

I am so sorry, sounds terrible. Some days are unbearable for me too. Today was a bit better but the last few days were a nightmare. But symptoms change and they aren’t always that bad and it will probably be your case too. I really hope so. Nobody deserves to suffer like this. 

• Like 1

I was in a very bad place from benzo but in december started to see small improvements like 2-3 x a month, evenings were less hell. Now since 9 days , even though the sickness from covid passed, my weakness dystonia nerve pain and horrible head and spine sensations are worse than ever 

it has to go back to baseline for me not to give up eventually . The suffering is to much. 
i feel like the most unlucky person on earth. Very short term use , accute tolerance wd , one of the most severe akathasia cases , lost everything every friend , family. 
Could not take care of my child for almost 8 months .

all progression is gone. 
people tell me to prepare for long covid . 
it has to get better for me to survive this horrific pains and alien sensations 

10 hours ago, [[M...] said:

I was in a very bad place from benzo but in december started to see small improvements like 2-3 x a month, evenings were less hell. Now since 9 days , even though the sickness from covid passed, my weakness dystonia nerve pain and horrible head and spine sensations are worse than ever 

it has to go back to baseline for me not to give up eventually . The suffering is to much. 
i feel like the most unlucky person on earth. Very short term use , accute tolerance wd , one of the most severe akathasia cases , lost everything every friend , family. 
Could not take care of my child for almost 8 months .

all progression is gone. 
people tell me to prepare for long covid . 
it has to get better for me to survive this horrific pains and alien sensations 

I'm so so sorry Mascha44444. You've really been going through it.

I'm sorry I didn't know your history and a you've suffered. I feel like that, like my situation is the worst, I guess it's different for everyone abd and seems to be really bad for others. I know you must feel so alone and scared and tired. I am too, don't know when I'll stabilize, I've never really stabilized. It just gets worse everyday. Certain symptoms just stay and get worse. Feels like I'll be like this forever. But I read so many posts of those who are suffering and it seems we all go thru so much, some are similar with exceptions  some are even worse some better. For u, you've got a full plate of it, it seems. I can barely walk, I have thumping jumping nerve stuff going on in my belly that I have no idea what it is but I can't sit up straight,  stand or walk without it causing tachycardia so my heart is taking a beating. Im numb on one side and can't eat most foods so I eat lots of healthy fats but now that's caused gerd. It's just one thing after another. I'm exhausted. I need a shower, don't know how I'll do this, I'm going to a new doctor tomorrow so I have to shower. Need tests done! It's all so much to handle Mascha44444 but we have to, we just do. 

I think about you and have prayed for u, I will keep u in my prayers. Om going on my 5th yr of this and I know I can still fight on.

God is good,  this I know.  He will be our help in times of trouble!

I'll be watching for your posts, take care of yourself ok, stay strong! 

Ns

• Like 1

Hi dear nsindy 

I am too unwell te respond now but I would like to thank you for your sweet message. 
xx

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Hi dear nsindy 

I am too unwell te respond now but I would like to thank you for your sweet message. 
xx

Your in my prayers Mascha44444. Get some rest. Talk to u soon! 

Ns

• 1 month later...
[PE...]
On 25/01/2024 at 16:40, [[M...] said:

I can’t take it anymore 

please let me know 

I just learned that it was a word for it, akathisia. I had it the whole last year. Couldn't sit down for more then a few seconds. Hope it will get better for you soon