Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Chocolate and sugar.

Hello can chocolate and sugar make anxiety unbearable.  How long does it last 

Thank you. X

• Like 1

Chocolate contains caffeine and it often contain soy lecithin. Caffeine has a pretty long half life so it can cause problems for several hours. Soy lecithin has processed free glutamic acid. Try to stay away from soy lecithin other soy products and products that contain msg. These can stay in your system for several hours. Sugar can be processed more quickly than caffeine and soy products. 

I'm sorry you are having this spike in anxiety. I am not a doctor or an expert in nutrition, but the combination of sugar with chocolate that contains caffeine and soy lecithin has spiked my anxiety for a full day and then things start to ease up. I would try to drink plenty of water. For me that seems to help flush my system. 

Sugar, sweetners, caffeine, even decaf I stay away from now. Sets me off really badly. I agree with @[fr...] with drinking plenty of water to flush it out. 

Seems to work for me. 

Chocolate and sugar do not always affect me negatively, but sometimes they do. I think it’s dependent on a he sensitivity level of my nervous system.

And for sure what other junk they put into the product. If I’m going to eat chocolate , it has to be a good brand without added ingredients that sound like they were created in a laboratory.

its all touch and go, that’s part of the crazy factor with healing a drug induced brain injury.

Still hate saying those last 4 words, I just have to stay focused on the healing part of things.