Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Slow Micro-taper folks?

I've done a very slow-taper after I had a bit of a rough start, before I got here, and even after (oregonlady history).  I was finally able to wrap my brain around how-to-do a slow, micro taper and chose 3%.  I'm almost 10 months into my taper off 1 mg of C, and I am down .57 of a dose.

I've had a super rough time, even with the last 2 cuts, worse this time than the last I held for a month and had a few days of feeling very good, kind of high as a kite:balloon:

So after those few more days I tapered another 3% which brought me to the .57 dose of C.  I am having issues I didn't have before like more migraines in a row than ever in my 71 years, and this a.m. I am up and about but have had some dizziness, very mild but I've heard other speak of it.

What I'd really like to hear is from anyone else that's doing a slow-micro taper, hopefully under the recommended taper of 10%, and holding until stable.  I guess I just need to talk to others that may have been going along smoothly, and all of a sudden developing more wd sxs?  Or if you're someone that did a micro taper all the way through, and jumped, how are you feeling?

If you haven't done this, I still appreciate the conversation so don't hesitate to chime in, I can always learn something from each person who shares on this forum :) I am on day 20 holding my dose today.  I was hoping to hold for less time before I tapered again, who doesn't long to go faster::) but I won't, I'll keep holding because I believe the Windows are coming.  I'm pretty sure I've read about folks that micro-tapered, or are well into their micro-taper, but I don't remember where so hope again folks will chime in, oregonlady, sending hope and encouragement to all :balloon::hug:

PS Now since @[Fa...] taught me how to convert pill weight to dose size, I see my earlier tapers, many of, were smaller than 3% tapers, kind of sporadic.  But the last 2 months, a steady on 3% taper and hold.  Maybe I need to go down to 2% or 1% if I can't feel well enough to go out of my apartment.  It's just a rough one for me.  I know we each have our limits, and mine is almost upon me it feels like.  I haven't gotten any exercise in 2 weeks, and that's a biggie when I can't at least bring myself to take a walk :(

Hi, @[or...].  I don't have experience with dizziness or migraines, but I am sure those symptoms are miserable.  Speaking of miserable, one of my children passed on a stomach bug (which I hadn't had in years) to me yesterday and literally thought I may die - I'm feeling a little better today.

When I feel I am doing worse than previous periods (or am trending in that direction), holding does seem to help me thankfully.  It appears holding for a period helps you to 'stabilize' as well.  You may need to hold your dose a little longer.  If your migraines are new, persist, or increase in severity, after holding for some time, you may consider getting it checked out. 

One thing to consider when you reach a point where you are ready to resume your taper - perhaps make smaller, more frequent reductions in dose rather than one single reduction that takes you one month+ to recover from.  For example, you could consider attempting a .001g reduction in pill weight every 10 days (instead of .003g pill weight reduction every 30 days).  Everyone is different and withdrawal symptoms are inevitable, but smaller reductions may help for a 'smoother' experience for you.  

You are doing a great job thus far with your taper and listening to your body - I encourage you to continue to do the same.  I'm also glad I was able to help with the converting your pill weight to approximate active ingredient dose.  On that note, I was just reading through your taper history in your profile - your pill weight should be in 'g', not 'mg', if you'd like to correct that.  Your equivalent active ingredient dose is however in 'mg'.  These tablets contain fillers which make the tablet much heavier than the active ingredient dose.

• Love 1

hello @[or...]~~ i have been micro tapering off 2 mg of clonopin for the past 3 years.  im down to the very  end of my taper.  concidering i have taken them twice daily for the past 30 years, 3 years doesnt seem to long to get off them.  my taper has been pretty smooth for most of the taper.  i have a few bad waves whenever i had to take an antibiotic, but they only lasted a few weeks. and when i get a new symptom pop up , i do get caught in some really bad anxity. but i seem to be learning to deal with that better.. over all, i am pretty good. micro tapering with long holds when needed, has been the only way that has worked for me.  ive also managed to get myself sorted out in dealing with some childhood trauma.. so overall, i feel really good with the progress ive made.  for the most part, i am able to enjoy my days and nights. i do take life at a much slower pace, but i found i like it that way..  this is a very long road and i hope to be finished in the next few months.  im very grateful for how i feel because it can be so much worse.  wishing you much health & healing.~~~jill

• Like 1
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

Hi, @[or...].  I don't have experience with dizziness or migraines, but I am sure those symptoms are miserable.  Speaking of miserable, one of my children passed on a stomach bug (which I hadn't had in years) to me yesterday and literally thought I may die - I'm feeling a little better today.

When I feel I am doing worse than previous periods (or am trending in that direction), holding does seem to help me thankfully.  It appears holding for a period helps you to 'stabilize' as well.  You may need to hold your dose a little longer.  If your migraines are new, persist, or increase in severity, after holding for some time, you may consider getting it checked out. 

One thing to consider when you reach a point where you are ready to resume your taper - perhaps make smaller, more frequent reductions in dose rather than one single reduction that takes you one month+ to recover from.  For example, you could consider attempting a .001g reduction in pill weight every 10 days (instead of .003g pill weight reduction every 30 days).  Everyone is different and withdrawal symptoms are inevitable, but smaller reductions may help for a 'smoother' experience for you.  

You are doing a great job thus far with your taper and listening to your body - I encourage you to continue to do the same.  I'm also glad I was able to help with the converting your pill weight to approximate active ingredient dose.  On that note, I was just reading through your taper history in your profile - your pill weight should be in 'g', not 'mg', if you'd like to correct that.  Your equivalent active ingredient dose is however in 'mg'.  These tablets contain fillers which make the tablet much heavier than the active ingredient dose.

Hi @[Fa...], I'm so sorry you caught that bug but glad you feel better already, do take care :classic_love:

Thank you for the heads up on my weight needs to be in grams, I'll get that changed over.  I have the doses figured out back to when I first started tapering and will add an extra column for those numbers too.

I think my next taper will be smaller since I have a couple percentages to go down, it can't hurt to try and see if I feel a bit better, and be able to taper a little more often, sounds really good to me, oregonlady, sending hope, a quick healing to you :balloon:

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

hello @[or...]~~ i have been micro tapering off 2 mg of clonopin for the past 3 years.  im down to the very  end of my taper.  concidering i have taken them twice daily for the past 30 years, 3 years doesnt seem to long to get off them.  my taper has been pretty smooth for most of the taper.  i have a few bad waves whenever i had to take an antibiotic, but they only lasted a few weeks. and when i get a new symptom pop up , i do get caught in some really bad anxity. but i seem to be learning to deal with that better.. over all, i am pretty good. micro tapering with long holds when needed, has been the only way that has worked for me.  ive also managed to get myself sorted out in dealing with some childhood trauma.. so overall, i feel really good with the progress ive made.  for the most part, i am able to enjoy my days and nights. i do take life at a much slower pace, but i found i like it that way..  this is a very long road and i hope to be finished in the next few months.  im very grateful for how i feel because it can be so much worse.  wishing you much health & healing.~~~jill

Hi @[ji...], I lived in the South for a few years and admit I got tired of hearing this phrase but it came to mind after reading your reply, and I have to say it, bless your heart!  I am so proud of you for coming so far, and taking the time you need to.  I too was on for 35 years so you opened my eyes, again, to the fact this time I'm spending tapering is still very short for using C for that long :hug:

I'm going to do a smaller taper, maybe hold a shorter time, or same length, and just remember your story and how you've allowed the process to really work, the "listening" to your body thing.

You hit the nail on the head, I got to a point where my anxiety was so bad yesterday, from worrying, that I forgot a lot of what I learned and believe.  Being here and getting honest about how I'm feeling always brings me wonderful help from others that are there, been there, thank you so much, oregonlady, sending you hope, encouragement and even more success!! :balloon:

I feel kind of like you are a kindred spirit I hear people talk about, sort of walking hand in hand through it all:

twolittlebuddieswalkinghandinhand.JPG.c68a6001b6b6fcab25c9718af1476c7c.JPG

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@[or...]   thank you so much.  i adore this picture and love your message behind it.  i truly wish you healing & joy.  this is a rough road to walk~but with each others help we will make it through.  ~~~thank you~~jill

• Love 1