Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need some positiveness and inspiration thru taper please....

I'm two weeks into my taper and its so hard the hardest thing ive ever had to do 😞 its mentally draining.. its just alot to deal with... I been doing the same routine everyday because i stopped driving in September and i stopped leaving my house i go out every once in a while... To go eat or something with family but its hard i feel anxious all the time... I feel dizzy... Just feel hopeless... I got left on xanax 0.5 daily for 2 n half almost 3 years and its been heck to get off... I tried the water taper it didnt work for me and then i reinstated to try to stabilize didnt work ... So as of two weeks i started a dry cut and hold microdose taper with a scale... Please i need words of inspiration and success that im going to make it i keep feeling like im going to die 😞

@[lo...] - I'm so sorry you're in suffering like this.  Many of us know how hard and miserable it feels.  When I was in the thick of withdrawal symptoms like you describe and I felt hopeless the thing that helped the most was reading Success Stories .  BenzoBuddies was a lifeline for me during the hardest months of withdrawal and Success Stories were the thing that sustained me the most  I encourage you to read them whenever you need encouragement.

It takes time but little by little healing happens.  It can help to try to try to get outside even just for a few moments everyday.  Be kind to yourself.  Patience and acceptance will help you get through each day as you move forward in your healing.  Remember, you are strong and you will get through this.

• Like 1

@[lo...],

I know it's hard.  But we are all here for you.  I often felt like I was going to die during my taper, but I think that is just the benzo talking.  And that thought fades with time.  I made it, lot and lots of people made it, and you will too.  Keep reaching out and talking here.  There is great support.