Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need help please! Should I jump?

[da...]

Hi @[Jo...]

I’m sorry I haven’t been around to reply. I did jump on for a minute once of twice, but I didn’t read any notifications because of how unwell I felt after an emotional trigger threw me into a nasty wave. I haven’t slept or eaten for two days. I’ve calmed slightly now, but still vulnerable and teetering… 

I’m glad you’ve started feeling better after such a big cut. It’s a really good sign. 

Vertigo… Random symptoms do occur

If you were on 0.75mg and cut to 0.5, it’s actually a 33.3% reduction, so that was a huge reduction.

We re-calculate reduction percentages from each new remaining dose, 

1 hour ago, [[W...] said:

Hi @[Jo...]

I’m sorry I haven’t been around to reply. I did jump on for a minute once of twice, but I didn’t read any notifications because of how unwell I felt after an emotional trigger threw me into a nasty wave. I haven’t slept or eaten for two days. I’ve calmed slightly now, but still vulnerable and teetering… 

I’m glad you’ve started feeling better after such a big cut. It’s a really good sign. 

Vertigo… Random symptoms do occur

If you were on 0.75mg and cut to 0.5, it’s actually a 33.3% reduction, so that was a huge reduction.

We re-calculate reduction percentages from each new remaining dose, 

I’m so sorry your going through this emotional trigger @[Wi...]

We never know what others are going through  but thank you so much for answering me back, must be so hard for you at this time.

Im shocked and surprised I did a 33.3% reduction, too much and never again, thought I was going to be ok but it hit me after 10 days.

I’ll definitely be staying on this dose for a while and hope my scales come soon to measure out properly the correct weights.

Please take care and hope you can get some sleep and eat soon 

Edited by [Jo...]

[da...]

@[Jo...] 

It was perfectly fine to ask my advice… there’s no way you could’ve known I’d hit a rough wave. 

Your welcome!

[da...]
On 03/02/2024 at 16:32, [[n...] said:

To clarify, you Said you cut to 0.5mg correct, that's a 25% cut right? I was going to that but was advised not to go so fast.

@[ns...] Going by your history (a previous c/t) you may be among those who need to reduce by a considerably smaller percentage. 

I don’t imagine too many would have tolerated a 33.3% reduction. 

Hi @[Jo...] - I'm glad to see you've gotten feedback  and support on this thread for your taper.   It would be good if you would start a thread of your own on this forum.  More members will be likely to see it and focus on your questions and you can continue to give support to nsindy on her thread. Thanks :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, [[W...] said:

@[ns...] Going by your history (a previous c/t) you may be among those who need to reduce by a considerably smaller percentage. 

Hi Winters sun,  gald your back. Not sure what this means. I only cut 5%. I still haven't stabilized so staying at 0.25. I think I was referring to Tyler in that post who cut from2mg to 1mg in one day. I may have typed the wrong numbers. But thank u

I see the comment I guess I made but must have meant 5% cut.

No i would never go past 10%. Still learning the proper numbers of cuts and percentages. 

no worries!

Ns

Edited by [ns...]
Addition

7 hours ago, [[W...] said:

Was talking to jonty

• Like 1

10 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Hi @[Jo...] - I'm glad to see you've gotten feedback  and support on this thread for your taper.   It would be good if you would start a thread of your own on this forum.  More members will be likely to see it and focus on your questions and you can continue to give support to nsindy on her thread. Thanks :)

Hi @[Br...] sorry about that, Im  still new to this forum, I’ll definitely do that next time I need support as I can see it can cause confusion 😊

• Like 1