Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need help please! Should I jump?

Thank you, maybe I’ll look for the scales but by the time I get them I could be off this stuff lol hopefully.

tinnitus, anxiety,acid reflux is horrible ATM but gotta keep going coz so close and want my life back.

did you get your scales from amazon? And what do you search for in tab bar?

thanks for responding to my question before and  hope your doing ok today 

Just now, [[J...] said:

Thank you, maybe I’ll look for the scales but by the time I get them I could be off this stuff lol hopefully.

tinnitus, anxiety,acid reflux is horrible ATM but gotta keep going coz so close and want my life back.

did you get your scales from amazon? And what do you search for in tab bar?

thanks for responding to my question before and  hope your doing ok today 

Smart weight digital Jewelers scale. It's little, so u might want to find a little bigger one. There cheap. 25.00 nut they are very sensitive. Gram scale I think

[ce...]

Yes @[ns...] 

use a nail file.

Just file gently and only the one stroke at a time until you get used to it. Since your cuts are so small, it will probably only take one small stroke with the file. 

Just now, [[W...] said:

Yes @[ns...] 

use a nail file.

Just file gently and only the one stroke at a time until you get used to it. Since your cuts are so small, it will probably only take one small stroke with the file. 

Will do, going to have to because it's just too precise. 

Thank u Winters sun,  you've helped me so much, I am grateful 

Ns

[ce...]
27 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Oh thank u jonty but I've asked a personal question of Winters sun. As for the taper and scale, she did a great job of covering it. Just needing to figure out how to cut such a tiny cut next time round. But I'll figure it out, gonna have to get a file I guess lol

Thank u though,  very sweet of u to offer

Ns

I am male, but it’s all good… I have no issue replying as either gender, although there may potentially be some personal questions that I won’t have experience with… and therefore won’t be able to answer. 😊

5 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

@[Jo...]

if you go back through this thread, you will find a link to the scales. 

Thank you, I will do that

Just now, [[W...] said:

@[Jo...]

Welcome to BenzoBuddies! 

You’ll find plenty of information and support here from the wider community. 

Thanks so much, I did post here March last year when I was having a terrible time with withdrawals and have looked up info every now and then but came across this thread and was so like my taper with lorazepam.

[ce...]

@[Jo...]

You are lower in dose than @[ns...] and even with scales (although better with scales than without) it will be difficult to make such small reductions depending on the percentage you are reducing by. 

@[ns...] is wanting to cut by 5%  at each reduction, whereas you may be cutting by a larger amount, again, depending on how hard you are hit each time by the reduction withdrawal symptoms. 

Stay with this thread and I’ll try and get someone else more experienced (when online) with information surrounding other potential taper options at the lower doses. 👍

No you're doing a great job. I don't have experience with shaving and weighing so I get a bit lost with it.

5 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

@[Jo...]

You are lower in dose than @[ns...] and even with scales (although better with scales than without) it will be difficult to make such small reductions depending on the percentage you are reducing by. 

@[ns...] is wanting to cut by 5%  at each reduction, whereas you may be cutting by a larger amount, again, depending on how hard you are hit each time by the reduction withdrawal symptoms. 

Stay with this thread and I’ll try and get someone else more experienced (when online) with information surrounding other potential taper options at the lower doses. 

1 minute ago, [[j...] said:

No you're doing a great job. I don't have experience with shaving and weighing so I get a bit lost with it.

Thank you @[je...] I’m using scissors and making a 25% cut per month so next month I’ll work on reducing my 9am dose down to 0.0125mg and then I’ll be on 0.0375mg 🎉

[ce...]

This message is for @[Li...]

Lib,

@[ns...] is at 0.75mg lorazepam total daily split into 4 doses. She has just started weighing doses, but even where she is beginning weighing, those doses will start climbing above the desired 5% very soon. 

@[Jo...] is at 0.5mg total daily split into 3 doses and pretty much in the same boat if he uses scales. 

Both are obviously better off using scales than splitting and cutting these small amounts by eye, but I’m just hoping maybe you can (when you have time and/or feel up to it) provide any better taper options for them to maintain those smaller reduction percentages as they lower in dose?? 

Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

[ce...]

Thank you for the info… @[Jo...]

Just keep in mind that as you get lower in dose, those sizeable reduction percentages do tend to hit harder for many members. We typically suggest 5 -10% reductions recalculated from each total remaining daily dose. Just keep a close eye on how you are tolerating those reductions and adjust the percentage down if it becomes too difficult. 

Edited by Guest

[ce...]

@[ns...]

I’ll reply to your PM once I’ve had time to go right over and consider your entire history. It’s all relevant to how I respond. 

I’ve been advised that the above could potentially be misconstrued as my providing taper advise via the PM system. So I’d just like to make it clear that it has nothing to do with taper advise. I do not provide taper advise via PM, nor should anyone provide taper advise via PM.  All taper advise needs to be on the open forum to avoid any potential mistakes going unnoticed. It’s for the safety of all members. 

WS

Edited by Guest

Just now, [[W...] said:

Thank you for the info… @[Jo...]

Just keep in mind that as you get lower in dose, those sizeable reduction percentages do tend to hit harder for many members. We typically suggest 5 -10% reductions recalculated from each remaining daily dose. Just keep a close eye on how you are tolerating those reductions and adjust the percentage down if it becomes too difficult. 

My original taper was -10% earlier on but in December I did a hold for the whole month as I got covid so I feel I’m behind in my taper but I’m going ok apart from tinnitus, anxiety and acid reflux.

ill go slower if I get really bad, just getting so close and want off these horrible pills.

im a female btw haha, my name is confusing 🤣

thank you for your help @[Wi...]

[ce...]

@[Jo...]

Just keep in mind that there really is no small dose of benzodiazepines, and lorazepam (although half the potency of Alprazolam and Clonazepam) is still up to 10 times more potent than diazepam (Valium).

Please do keep a close eye on your symptoms as you continue to lower in dose and try not to set yourself a timeline to be off the medication. Doing so can often bring about an unexpected crash (acute symptoms). 

You are doing really well so far… so just be wary. 

19 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

@[ns...]

I’ll reply to your PM once I’ve had time to go right over and consider your entire history. It’s all relevant to how I respond. 

Ok. Thank u Winters sun 

1 minute ago, [[W...] said:

@[Jo...]

Just keep in mind that there really is no small dose of benzodiazepines, and lorazepam (although half the potency of Alprazolam and Clonazepam) is still up to 10 times more potent than diazepam (Valium).

Please do keep a close eye on your symptoms as you continue to lower in dose and try not to set yourself a timeline to be off the medication. Doing so can often bring about an unexpected crash (acute symptoms). 

You are doing really well so far… so just be wary. 

Thank you and  I will be wary, my timeline is right off what I expected, thought 12 months I’d be off but seems like maybe a few more months to go.

It’s great when people say I’m doing so well with my taper, really appreciate your words @[Wi...]