Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need help please! Should I jump?

Just now, [[n...] said:

It's good to use our brain, lol

Still wondering though. What ,% is 5% off of 0.025

1 minute ago, [[W...] said:

So, just weigh all your doses to that 0.025 or 0.026 (whichever you are comfortable with) and later on today I’ll explain how to do your first 5% cut. 

I have bbq, so I’ll sort that for you later okay? 👍

Ok, your awesome! Bless your ❤️!

Thank u Winters sun,  have a great bbq

Hi nsindy,

I was on 3mg of lorazepam, taking 3x1mg per day.

Now after 12 months of tapering down and a living hell of withdrawals I’m now on 0.5 per day which I’m taking 0.25 at 9am, 0.125mg at 4pm and 0.125 at 9pm.

Im finding it really hard with my cuts too and don’t have scales, can I ask where you got them from and what type they are please?

Edited by [Jo...]

Sorry that was 3.75mg of lorazepam I was on and then dr dropped it down to 3mg x 3 times per day in January 23

20 hours ago, [[W...] said:

Take a rest @[ns...] 😊

Hi Winters sun, having an issue here. Today my cuts are all different. Only one is exactly 0.025, others are 0.027, 0.028 etc, don't know what's up. These Should are so finicky, touchy. Are these weights too far off?

I'll be here waiting for your reply 

Thank u Winters sun 

25 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Hi Winters sun, having an issue here. Today my cuts are all different. Only one is exactly 0.025, others are 0.027, 0.028 etc, don't know what's up. These Should are so finicky, touchy. Are these weights too far off?

I'll be here waiting for your reply 

Thank u Winters sun 

Had a pretty bad day. I took my dose at 11am as usual and had a real bad day. Maybe the dose was too high idk. Used one of those I weighed last night. Weighed them over and over. 

Probably have to get a new scale, just too touchy 

[bb...]

Scales can fluctuate slightly, so I always weigh and re-weigh my doses several times whilst constantly paying attention that the scale always settles back to 0.000

Make sure they are on a flat solid surface without any draughty air… windows open, air conditioning , etc…

At some point you have to accept that there may be a slight fluctuation, but it’s definitely better than making cuts by eye, as it’s impossible to reduce by 5% when making reductions by eye. 

If you feel the scale may be playing up, it’s good to recalibrate it again and re-weigh your doses. 

4 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Scales can fluctuate slightly, so I always weigh and re-weigh my doses several times whilst constantly paying attention that the scale always settles back to 0.000

Make sure they are on a flat solid surface without any draughty air… windows open, air conditioning , etc…

At some point you have to accept that there may be a slight fluctuation, but it’s definitely better than making cuts by eye, as it’s impossible to reduce by 5% when making reductions by eye. 

If you feel the scale may be playing up, it’s good to recalibrate it again and re-weigh your doses. 

Oh ok, I'll recalibrate it then

2 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Oh ok, I'll recalibrate it then

Ok,so it seems to be more on target but still a few fluctuations in weight. If I'm off, like one is 0.026 or 0.027 is that too much off?

[bb...]

Your reductions would be calculated as follows

If your 4 doses are 0.025 each (total daily dose 0.100), your calculation for a 5% reduction would be as follows

0.100 x 95% = 0.095

Since your scale can’t display beyond those 4 digits, you would make that first cut at 4%, removing 0.001 from each of your daily doses, which would reduce each dose to 0.024, a total of 0.096 daily. 

The calculation is always your total remaining daily dose x 95% =

Just now, [[n...] said:

Ok,so it seems to be more on target but still a few fluctuations in weight. If I'm off, like one is 0.026 or 0.027 is that too much off?

I think it was too cold. It's warmed up now and doing better

I have a couple questions for you.  Can I get back to you after I eat?

Just now, [[W...] said:

Your reductions would be calculated as follows

If your 4 doses are 0.025 each (total daily dose 0.100), your calculation for a 5% reduction would be as follows

0.100 x 95% = 0.095

Since your scale can’t display beyond those 4 digits, you would make that first cut at 4%, removing 0.001 from each of your daily doses, which would reduce each dose to 0.024, a total of 0.096 daily. 

The calculation is always your total remaining daily dose x 95% =

Ok ilk definitely have to get back to u, I'm confused lol, is that ok

[bb...]

You’ll just have to work with that fluctuation, but just try and keep it within that 0.001 fluctuation. 

I always weigh multiple times. 

Also, try not to move your body around whilst weighing. It can disturb the scales. Try and keep everything still. 

Yes… you can get back to me whenever you are ready. 👍

35 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

You’ll just have to work with that fluctuation, but just try and keep it within that 0.001 fluctuation. 

I always weigh multiple times. 

Also, try not to move your body around whilst weighing. It can disturb the scales. Try and keep everything still. 

Yes… you can get back to me whenever you are ready. 👍

Winters sun can I pm you

[bb...]

Yes… I received your message @[ns...]

I will have a think about how to respond and reply as soon as I can put thoughts and sentences together. 

Im struggling considerably with putting words together at the moment. 

But, I will reply as soon as I can. 👍

2 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Yes… I received your message @[ns...]

I will have a think about how to respond and reply as soon as I can put thoughts and sentences together. 

Im struggling considerably with putting words together at the moment. 

But, I will reply as soon as I can. 👍

Aww I'm sorry. Please try not to worry about this, you hsve enough to deal with. No problem. I'm sitting still on the sofa and it's doing fine, I'm calm now. Will be going to bed in 3 hours so I'll be fine. Ok, please, I'll just go to er Tomorrow if it gets worse❤️

Hi nsindy,

can I help? I’m going through exactly the same as you with my doses and feeling the way you do 

2 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Hi nsindy,

can I help? I’m going through exactly the same as you with my doses and feeling the way you do 

Oh thank u jonty but I've asked a personal question of Winters sun. As for the taper and scale, she did a great job of covering it. Just needing to figure out how to cut such a tiny cut next time round. But I'll figure it out, gonna have to get a file I guess lol

Thank u though,  very sweet of u to offer

Ns

Just now, [[n...] said:

Oh thank u jonty but I've asked a personal question of Winters sun. As for the taper and scale, she did a great job of covering it. Just needing to figure out how to cut such a tiny cut next time round. But I'll figure it out, gonna have to get a file I guess lol

Thank u though,  very sweet of u to offer

Ns

We're u able to figure out your taper? Weight etc?

Just now, [[n...] said:
Just now, [[n...] said:

We're u able to figure out your taper? Weight etc?

What dose are u at, what are u taking?

I’m down to 0.5mg per day of lorazepam was on 3.75mg about 12 months ago

0.025mg at 9am

0.0125mh at 4pm

0.0125mg at 9pm

im cutting my pill with small scissors, I use a 0.5mg tablet, cut in half and then I cut the other half in half again but thinking I need scales too

Just now, [[J...] said:

I’m down to 0.5mg per day of lorazepam was on 3.75mg about 12 months ago

0.025mg at 9am

0.0125mh at 4pm

0.0125mg at 9pm

im cutting my pill with small scissors, I use a 0.5mg tablet, cut in half and then I cut the other half in half again but thinking I need scales too

Oh ok, sounds familiar. Yes u need a scale, I was doing the same thing basically. Never got a correct evn dose. All doses had to be different.  I was close but the minor different cuts add up each dose so your never really on target with your dose. Being close isn't close enough. Being down so low now it's easier to cut them using eyes, and I had a lot of thevsame sz but I could also see that even those that looked the same weren't the same weight.

I.think I'm having a terrible time because I did it that way. I'll never do that again lol. I hope you'll get a scale,  they will teach u here. There so great at helping everyone.  Ask fir help, you'll hear from someone I promise.

Take care

Ns