Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need help please! Should I jump?

5 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

I have no doubt dosing is having a paradoxical effect and the fear around that will also be having an affect on your NS. All of this together will be affecting every system in your body, including digestive system. I totally understand the reactions… the more unstable I become, the more reactive my body becomes to foods, supplements, and medications. I could no longer even use toothpaste at one stage. That’s what fear/increased destabilisation does to me.

Your system is in a state of high stress which destabilises mast cells. It perceives danger at every turn, goes into protective mode. It triggers the body’s natural inflammatory response and releases the body’s own stores of histamine which flood the body. This is different than reacting to histamine in food. This is why many talk about the link between benzo withdrawal and MCAS (mast cell activation syndrome). 

It’s a difficult situation, but I still think the best option is to taper because if you c/t, the increased stress on your system will destabilise your mast cells even more because of the acute withdrawal. 

If you are concerned about your weight, I would look into a healthy protein formula (shake) such as pea protein to help add calories and take some pressure off your struggling digestive system. 

We’ll talk more about this and your scales when you are rested and/or feel up to it. 

Try and get some sleep, @[ns...] 🫂

Thank u Winters sun,  yes I agree. I can't seem to find a shake that doesn't have.some kind of sugar or sugar alcohol n it  also I can't use toothpaste either. I found one toothpaste earthpaste without sweetners in it, but now the spearmint is bothering me.

I'm sorry you suffer from this and do hope you heal completely 

Bless your heart Winters sun,  I am grateful for your kindness and patience. 

Talk to u tomorrow. 

Ns

Edited by [ns...]
Addition

14 hours ago, [[W...] said:

I’ll try and help you find a suitable protein formula.

Where are you? US? 

Hi Winters sun,  I searched everything last night for it. All either have sugar, coconut sugar, sugar alcohol or tapioca maltodextrin which raises blood sugar and turns to sugar in the gut.

Im Eating plenty of fats, but not processing it properly. That's why the malnourishment, and malabsortion. The fat goes through me. I'm up.peeing all night long, losing sodium and fluids. I have hyponatremia so I can't afford to lose sodium. I may have to go to hospital to see a gi. Can't find one otherwise here. So much need here for gi after covid it seems so I guess all gi docs are just practicing out of the hospital. That's what the er told me. If you need a gi you need to be in the hospital. So, going to see how today goes. My night was rough, I dud sleep but had bowel pain which is also abnormal for me, a kind of burning pain I guess.in my lower bowel left side. Just had breakfast and it's typical now to be in the bathroom after breakfast now, heart starts pointing after and panic attack. Then I sit and relax and it calms down. I have adhesions also after gallbladder surgery when this all really started. I had some food allergies after hysterectomy but didn't know it to be allergies, I took antihistamines. Citrus fruits bothered me, wine, margaritas made me taste something I described as moldy taste, sneezing, and sinus drain,  headache.  So this has been coming on for awhile. That was 20 yrs ago. After gallbladder surgery I couldn't eat bananas, then orange juice, and more and more noticing anxiety. Then no caffeine,  no sugar. That was 9 yrs ago. In er for gum infection 7 yrs ago, gave me clindamycin, I refused it but he convinced me it wouldn't hurt me. 2 bags later, I have inner trembling, nausea and here we are. On anxiety meds, then radiation for acoustic neuroma, hearing is distorted, anxiety increased. Lots of stress! Anything histamine is a growing is a growing list of foods I can't eat. Toothpaste,  all have sugar alcohol in them, plus mint.  Today I'll be using baking soda. Last night again the spearmint earthpaste cause an allergy reaction. No sugar or sugar alcohol. 

So as you can see, its very possible I have mcas, and I don't know where to begin because I'm tapering.

Just took my dose, so far feel the sane as after breakfast and bathroom maybe it's my breakfast,  idk, eggs in Olive oil, milk, Wheat bread. 

Not sure what the er will do as I'm so full of anxiety due to my hearing issue and tinnitus, tapering and weight loss. The er is full of sick people, some dying! So I've been reluctant to go.

I'll post if I go.

So I'll let u know if I'm ready to use the scale today or tonight, we'll see how it goes. I'll be on here off and on today to keep busy.

I'm sorry you suffer so much with mcas and short-term memory. Ill.keep u in my prayers.

Thank u so much Winters sun, you are precious :hug:

15 hours ago, [[W...] said:

I’ll try and help you find a suitable protein formula.

Where are you? US? 

That's very sweet! I've looked everywhere, all have some kind of sugar. I'm not absorbing fat, so the only thing left to do is the er for a GI. I think. Malabsortion, malnutrition. I eat lots of healthy fats and carbs. I eat 4x per day, 2 small meals 2 medium sz meals. Was 6x per day, just couldn't keep.that up.  Could be the bread, milk, idk, I need the fat, but everything is starting to be an allergy for me. Well, we'll see how the day goes after lunch. I'll be in touch, take care

Thanks for listening and for all your help.

Ns

12 minutes ago, [[[...] said:

Have to go out and do a few things, but will reply a little later @[ns...] 👍

No problem winters sun. Went to er today,  too busy to go in. Talk to you soon 

Ns

[2e...]

I understand @[ns...]

I’ve had quite a few midnight trips to the ER. Most, if not all, pointless, whether I was seen or not. Except for maybe a short term stay in the Psych ward unknowingly in withdrawal. 

Just now, [[W...] said:

I understand @[ns...]

I’ve had quite a few midnight trips to the ER. Most, if not all, pointless, whether I was seen or not. Except for maybe a short term stay in the Psych ward unknowingly in withdrawal. 

Hi there, yes I had one stay in hospital for 3 days. Didn't know I was in withdrawal either. They gave me 1mg lorazepam every 4 hours. That's when I went back on them. I did tell the I was going to see a doctor to ask him to put me on them then wean me off slowly. He turned out to be a real jerk! 

Anyway, just thinking about the scale, i do need to use itbto know what I'm taking exactly but don't know how I will cut hem much smaller than I already have.  I can send u a picture of how small they are, and they are exactly alike. I don't want to crush them but hopefully I can cutba couple more times.

Have had a bad day again today. Er was too busy. Glad I didn't go in.

I've had a lifetime of stress, went on disability for stress injury from my job. So yes, I'm sure stress is the culprit over the last 24 yrs including many health problems. A hysterectomy that I did not need, a move with my job while still recovering from surgery. And the list goes on. But things didn't spiral until the gallbladder surgery, then radiation. Then it was one more thing after another. Lorazepam was the last thing I needed but had no idea how bad they are.

On our way home now, I'll post when I'm home and relaxed enough to talk about the scale Ok

Thank u Winters sun 

:smitten:

56 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Hi there, yes I had one stay in hospital for 3 days. Didn't know I was in withdrawal either. They gave me 1mg lorazepam every 4 hours. That's when I went back on them. I did tell the I was going to see a doctor to ask him to put me on them then wean me off slowly. He turned out to be a real jerk! 

Anyway, just thinking about the scale, i do need to use itbto know what I'm taking exactly but don't know how I will cut hem much smaller than I already have.  I can send u a picture of how small they are, and they are exactly alike. I don't want to crush them but hopefully I can cutba couple more times.

Have had a bad day again today. Er was too busy. Glad I didn't go in.

I've had a lifetime of stress, went on disability for stress injury from my job. So yes, I'm sure stress is the culprit over the last 24 yrs including many health problems. A hysterectomy that I did not need, a move with my job while still recovering from surgery. And the list goes on. But things didn't spiral until the gallbladder surgery, then radiation. Then it was one more thing after another. Lorazepam was the last thing I needed but had no idea how bad they are.

On our way home now, I'll post when I'm home and relaxed enough to talk about the scale Ok

Thank u Winters sun 

:smitten:

Hi Winters sun, I am home and ready with the scale 

Ns

41 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Hi Winters sun, I am home and ready with the scale 

Ns

Hi there Winters sun. Well I've measured my cuts. I am amazed! Most of my next doses are right at .25, a couple at .27 and .28. But there are some that I cut earlier that at .30 and .31, a quarter. It's easy to see how you can be off by so much. But I've eye balled them pretty good but must admit I've taken a few doses a little higher than the .25, closer to .30. So that probably explains alot more than I realized. They're so small cuts, don't know how I'll go down from here but I'll keep working at it. 

What should be the next cut after this? .20? 

Please let me know, this part I don't understand ok

Thank you so much

Gotta go eat! Taking my dose now. Hopefully it's perfect!

Edited by [ns...]
Addition

Just now, [[W...] said:

Hi @[ns...]

Sorry for the delay.

Can you weigh 10 of your tabs together for me and give me the total weight? 

Yes

Just now, [[n...] said:

I've Been weighing my cuts, they are pie shaped. Each is .23 to .30. I've been taking .25

Just now, [[n...] said:

I've Been weighing my cuts, they are pie shaped. Each is .23 to .30. I've been taking .25

Ok, 0.124

1 minute ago, [[n...] said:

Ok

I've weighed the 1 pill several times, it comes up different. 1.23, 1.24, 1.22, so averages 1.23. 1.23 comes up more often. Tiny little scale, can't breathe on it, lol 

Just now, [[n...] said:

I've weighed the 1 pill several times, it comes up different. 1.23, 1.24, 1.22, so averages 1.23. 1.23 comes up more often. Tiny little scale, can't breathe on it, lol 

All 10 weighs out now at 1.206, 1.208, 1.208 twice

[2e...]

Can you just weigh those 10 tabs a couple more times as you did with the single tab? Just to see that it settles around the same weight? 

Always make sure the scale keep settling back at 0.000 before you weigh or reweigh.