Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Is anyone else losing their hair?

1 minute ago, [[n...] said:

got a new pair of jeans and sweater yesterday and it just felt so normal

I am so happy for you!  Normal is awesome!  People really don't understand how I can be so happy about doing mundane things.  Even doing the dishes now is such a huge deal, that I get so excited that I did it.

2 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Gotta get it when u can!

Totally agree!

3 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

I am so happy for you!  Normal is awesome!  People really don't understand how I can be so happy about doing mundane things.  Even doing the dishes now is such a huge deal, that I get so excited that I did it.

Totally agree!

Oh me too, I folded laundry today, it felt really good. Just 2 wees ago I could at least walk around outside,  now I'm just not moving much, like electricity going thru me. Like I said gotta get it while u can

Take care, wish I could see your hair, I'll bet it's really cute!

Ns

6 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Hey y'all!  @[ns...], @[...], @[wi...]

Picking this thread back up.  Ok, so I cut my hair off at home.  Well, my husband did.  We put it in a ponytail and cut it at a downward angle from the top, hoping it would layer it some.  We cut off 12 inches, so it is just above my shoulders now. And you know what?  It actually looks really good!  I went to a church service the next day and a bunch of people wanted to know where I got it done!  🤣  

It's still falling out, but at least the pieces aren't as long. 😃

Great news, Burntheships! You're lucky to be married to someone that artful, just a real treasure🙂 12 inches! it's a heavy lot. Think it may  help with head issues in general, at least, it seems logical to me but where is any logic in this weird process?... We just know we are healing, though the ways of healing can be really tricky😅

Edited by [...]

25 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Hey @[...]!  Good to hear from you!  

Absolutely agreed!!!!!

So far I haven't noticed any difference with head stuff, but it makes showering a lot faster and easier.  Not to mention the combing out process.  That alone is worth it!

How are you doing today?

@[Bu...], hope, you may notice the positive change later and if not, easier showering and combing are quite enough for now)

So wonderful to have a man who cares and that brave!) My respect to him)

Thank you for asking. I'd like to say i'm ok but can't do it today🥺 It's rather late in my place, so i'll go to bed and try to sleep. Perhaps tomorrow is going to be a brighter day)

I'm sorry it was a rough day.  I'll be hoping and praying you have a good night and a better tomorrow. :hug:

18 hours ago, [[B...] said:

I'm sorry it was a rough day.  I'll be hoping and praying you have a good night and a better tomorrow. 

Thank you, @[Bu...]!) You're so kind, really) Think your brave husband is also lucky to have you.

How are you and your sleep? Is it any better or not yet?

And one more question) I'd so much like to know the meaning of your username. It sounds so intriguing... 

:balloon:

Edited by [...]

Aw, thank you @[...], I think you are very kind, too!  ❤

Sleep is all over the place. It was great for those two beautiful weeks in January.  Now it's weird.  It's not as bad as back in the fall, thankfully.  My worst now seems to be 3-4 broken hours during any given 24 hour period.  And I can usually nap a little bit, which is an improvement. 

Last night was 1 hour, then after a 2 hour intermission, 2 more hours of sleep, then I woke up again but fell back to sleep within a few minutes and got another hour.  And I managed a nap for about an hour this afternoon.  This seems to be the current routine.  The night before though, was 6-ish hours, but I woke up after every. single. hour.  But I haven't had a day in months with no sleep, so overall it is an improvement, it's just so very slooooowwwww.

How's your sleep going?  (I just realized you won't see this until tomorrow for you; hopefully it's been a better night.)  

My user name is the name of a song that was written by the band "For King and Country".  The wife of one of the singers found herself addicted to painkillers that her doctor had prescribed for her after an accident.  The song was written by (and sung by) her husband and his brother in honor of her fight to get off.  I find it to be very comforting and hopeful.  And rather epic, which I think suits our situations.

Well, it's getting on about the evening here, so I guess I better start winding it down.  Talk to you tomorrow! 

2 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Sleep is all over the place. It was great for those two beautiful weeks in January.  Now it's weird.  It's not as bad as back in the fall, thankfully.  My worst now seems to be 3-4 broken hours during any given 24 hour period.  And I can usually nap a little bit, which is an improvement. 

Last night was 1 hour, then after a 2 hour intermission, 2 more hours of sleep, then I woke up again but fell back to sleep within a few minutes and got another hour.  And I managed a nap for about an hour this afternoon.  This seems to be the current routine.  The night before though, was 6-ish hours, but I woke up after every. single. hour.  But I haven't had a day in months with no sleep, so overall it is an improvement, it's just so very slooooowwwww.

How's your sleep going?  (I just realized you won't see this until tomorrow for you; hopefully it's been a better night.)  

My user name is the name of a song that was written by the band "For King and Country".  The wife of one of the singers found herself addicted to painkillers that her doctor had prescribed for her after an accident.  The song was written by (and sung by) her husband and his brother in honor of her fight to get off.  I find it to be very comforting and hopeful.

Well, it's getting on about the evening here, so I guess I better start winding it down.  Talk to you tomorrow! 

Wanted to send a like but I'm out! Love the story about your name, thanks for sharing! 

:hug:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, [[B...] said:

My user name is the name of a song that was written by the band "For King and Country".  The wife of one of the singers found herself addicted to painkillers that her doctor had prescribed for her after an accident.  The song was written by (and sung by) her husband and his brother in honor of her fight to get off.  I find it to be very comforting and hopeful.  And rather epic, which I think suits our situations.

Thank you, @[Bu...]!) A great story about your username. I like it very much)

Think your sleep sounds to be improving, although, yes, in a kind of reluctant way and yet... No "total insomnia", it's something to be pleased with for a start) And broken hours... I know them too. We'll wait it out. What else?).. What was your usual sleep like before the benzo story? I think it's also important. 

I seem better today) Hard to say in the morning but no background pain. I just hate this sort of pain. And my sleep has been steadily improving since December. It's a miracle on its own! But... I'm still tapering mirtazapine.

This all isn't about loosing hair as the thread suggests but anything leads to everything in this "crazy business". No wonder the hair turned into sleep) I'm so glad to hear from you. Keep going, you and everyone who is reading! 🌍

Edited by [...]

17 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Wanted to send a like but I'm out! Love the story about your name, thanks for sharing! 

:hug:

@[ns...], i thought i was the only one who could run out of "likes")))

@[...],

Oh, we did hijack this thread! :classic_blush:  My apologies to @[ns...] and to anyone else reading this who suddenly got thrown off course.  I think it's a good conversation though, so I thought I would start a new thread in the insomnia board titled "sleep and pain".  See ya over there! :mybuddy:

• Like 2