Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Is anyone else losing their hair?

15 hours ago, [[A...] said:

@[ns...]Hi there! Yes- I lost so much hair. It was actually concerning. However, I hope it helps to say that mine is growing back. It looks silly. I had curly thick hair- then it went flat wavy curls that was so so very thin. For me, month 6-8 was really tough on me for withdrawals. After your body experiences trauma- physical or mental, you will lose large amounts of hair. As well for deficiencies. After the trauma or whatever caused the hair loss. You will shed for about 2-4 months. Then the growing process begins. 

I upped my protein game and I had some blood work done. My vitamin D levels were low. I now take a prescription of D2 and 800 units of D3. (As per instructed by my doctor) But I am healthy. Hair loss was scary. My hair is now growing back at 12 months and 6 days. I stopped taking Colezepam January 18 2023. EVERYONe is different. Timelines that is. My hair is much healthier now and I have so many new baby hairs around 2-3 inches all growing out around the same length. That’s what I meant it looked silly. The frizz is insane with all these new curls coming in.

I really hope this helps. 

AmusingMiss, more encouraging than ever to hear this! Not sure I want long body hair though lol, but hey it's come back even stronger, so happy for you! 

Thank u for sharing this as we need to hear that mostly, these things are temporary and we need the encouragement. 

So happy you finished your taper, hope your enjoying life to the fullest!

:therethere:

• Like 2

On 23/01/2024 at 16:21, [[B...] said:

I thought about cutting it myself, too!  We'll see.  It's not like I go many places, so who's going to see it if it looks really bad? 😁

@[Bu...] I just love your spirit! You made me smile 😊 

So glad you’re here 🌺

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, [[N...] said:

How long did you shed for and how long did it take for your hair to grow back?

Hello @[NO...] - Welcome to BenzoBuddies!  Please start a thread and let us know how we can help you!

We're glad you found us!

Brighterday

On 24/01/2024 at 12:59, [[n...] said:

AmusingMiss, more encouraging than ever to hear this! Not sure I want long body hair though lol, but hey it's come back even stronger, so happy for you! 

Thank u for sharing this as we need to hear that mostly, these things are temporary and we need the encouragement. 

So happy you finished your taper, hope your enjoying life to the fullest!

:therethere:

Oh I meant on my head. Not my body. Are you having body hair coming in? If so, you more than likely just need to get your hormones balanced out. I waited a year to do get my hormones tested because I wanted to make sure I gave my body a chance to do that itself. Which it did naturally, thank goodness 

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/01/2024 at 12:53, [[n...] said:

Oh thank you maganz, encouraging words I needed to hear! So glad your doing well. Are u finished with your taper? Are you still tapering? Just curious when your hair came back?

Thank u

Ns

I’ve been off six years 

@[...] I thought I was the only 1! I’m sorry you couldn’t get your hair cut for 2 years, it took me 16 months and it drove.me.insane. Granted I was fairly insane at the salon, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!

Still falling out 🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

I lost my hear in my early 30ies. Used to have long thick dreadlocks so it was a bitch. I never really accepted it though.

I can imagine it's worse for a woman as many men shave there heads nowadays. Me to.

In acute and over the first 6 months i must have lost at least 30% or more of my hair. It didnt show to others cause it wasnt in patches, it was evenly all over. I had quite thick long hair bit all that was left was a scrawny sad pony tail so i cut it quite short to just over the shoulders. All throughout the first year i kept having funky spiky hairs sticking out from it growing back, i think it fell out in waves and so grew back in waves. Now 28 months later its back to normal pretty much and i let it grow out again. This was after only 19,5 days 0,5mg clonazepam and then a cold turkey.

Oh and the lady in the hairsalon said she could see severe stress lines which correlated to the time of the cold turkey, she said she had only evee seen that in a swverwly alcoholic lady who was getting sober. Go figure i never drink. Also not b4 benzopoison.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y'all!  @[ns...], @[...], @[wi...]

Picking this thread back up.  Ok, so I cut my hair off at home.  Well, my husband did.  We put it in a ponytail and cut it at a downward angle from the top, hoping it would layer it some.  We cut off 12 inches, so it is just above my shoulders now. And you know what?  It actually looks really good!  I went to a church service the next day and a bunch of people wanted to know where I got it done!  🤣  

It's still falling out, but at least the pieces aren't as long. 😃

• Like 1
  • Love 3

3 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Picking this thread back up.  Ok, so I cut my hair off at home.  Well, my husband did.  We put it in a ponytail and cut it at a downward angle from the top, hoping it would layer it some.  We cut off 12 inches, so it is just above my shoulders now. And you know what?  It actually looks really good!  I went to a church service the next day and a bunch of people wanted to know where I got it done!  🤣  

BurnTheShips,  lol. I love it! Good job. Did you hold the ponytail straight up over your head or did u bend over and tie the tail? Lol, I usually bend over and cut straight across but can't do it right now, 😅.  So how did u do it?

7 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

I’m sure you look fabulous!! ❤️🫂

• Like 1

@[ns...]

I put it in a low ponytail at the base of my neck and then put another elastic about two inches below it.  My husband cut it from the top downward between the two elastics.  It worked really well.

• Like 1

On 25/01/2024 at 19:42, [[A...] said:

Oh I meant on my head. Not my body. Are you having body hair coming in? If so, you more than likely just need to get your hormones balanced out. I waited a year to do get my hormones tested because I wanted to make sure I gave my body a chance to do that itself. Which it did naturally, thank goodness 

AmusingMiss, no I'm not growing body hair, lol I misunderstood you. Sorry lol

1 minute ago, [[B...] said:

@[ns...]

I put it in a low ponytail at the base of my neck and then put another elastic about two inches below it.  My husband cut it from the top downward between the two elastics.  It worked really well.

Hmm, that's sounds complicated. Just can't understand what you meant by cut downward. When u bend forward and your hair goes all in front of your face and hanging, you cut the length u want and you'll get lots of layers but I can't envision how you got layers, sounds easier but idk, I need to cut mine it's a mess! I have hair on my socks, my bed, everywhere, it drives me nuts, I can feel it ,grab and I get this long bunch of hair in my hand and to the trash! 

Glad u were able to get it done! My husband does a lot but he's not cutting my hair!!! Lol:crazy:

• Haha 1

Just now, [[n...] said:

Hmm, that's sounds complicated. Just can't understand what you meant by cut downward. When u bend forward and your hair goes all in front of your face and hanging, you cut the length u want and you'll get lots of layers but I can't envision how you got layers, sounds easier but idk, I need to cut mine it's a mess! I have hair on my socks, my bed, everywhere, it drives me nuts, I can feel it ,grab and I get this long bunch of hair in my hand and to the trash! 

Glad u were able to get it done! My husband does a lot but he's not cutting my hair!!! Lol:crazy:

Oh I get it! Good idea

Just now, [[n...] said:

Oh I get it! Good idea

Maybe you gave all.of us an idea for this miserable hair loss. I guess I'll have to try it.

Ns

You end up with some layers in the back and the sides and front slightly longer than the back.  Kind of like a '20s flapper kind of thing.

• Like 1

The ladies at my church liked it so much, that we joked that my husband could just cut everyone's.  But he can only do the one cut, so then we'd all look like a cult...so maybe not. :)

• Haha 1

Just now, [[B...] said:

You end up with some layers in the back and the sides and front slightly longer than the back.  Kind of like a '20s flapper kind of thing.

20s flapper, hmm have to look that up.

You must have had really long hair, 12 inches. You can still do more layers if you wanted them by flipping over, sounds like u have enough of it, below your shoulders is still long, ill.bet it looks nice. Mine was to my bottom waste but is probably only mid back now because of all the breakage. Can't wait til it's back to normal.  I always got compliments on my hair, now people just look at me like what wrong with her hair? Lol, oh well I don't care, it'll come back. I'll probably cut it up to my shoulders, at least a shorter ponytail will be easier to deal with.but you are brave that's for sure 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

The ladies at my church liked it so much, that we joked that my husband could just cut everyone's.  But he can only do the one cut, so then we'd all look like a cult...so maybe not. :)

😆,  lol, funny. 

Then u can all line up and say cheese fie the camera and send to the newspaper, "husband cuts hair of cult members, they seemingly look all the same " lol

• Haha 1

It sounds like you have lovely hair!  I'm sure it will grow back.

I don't know about brave.  I just figure this whole situation is so ridiculous, it calls for some equally ridiculous actions sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, [[B...] said:

It sounds like you have lovely hair!  I'm sure it will grow back.

I don't know about brave.  I just figure this whole situation is so ridiculous, it calls for some equally ridiculous actions sometimes.

Lol, yep. 

I.just had my first bite of a blueberry muffin in 3 yrs!!! Oh, it was so yummy, had to stop! 

Trying to figure out if I need sugar, I don't! 

That's OK, I got a new pair of jeans and sweater yesterday and it just felt so normal, now my hair needs cut and I'm on my way to feeling great for a day. Gotta get it when u can!

Ns

• Love 1