Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Is anyone else losing their hair?

:crazy:

I'm losing my hair! Ive been losing it for awhile,  hoped it would stop but its not!!! I've always had long blonde hair, its thick and a lot of it. It's falling everywhere everyday. To wash it is heartbreaking. It comes out in my hand and I touch my head and my hair feels so thin, I can feel my head, my skull! The vacuum is full of my hair! I hope it grows back. I used to complain, I have too much hair, I need to cut it! Lol, well, I won't complain about that anymore that's for sure. 

I've learned a lot during this process.  To be humble, to appreciate everything and everyone in my life.to be grateful for what we have and thankful for the little things.

If you complain about anything,  stop, you might get something you don't want! Look around you, be grateful, it could be worse!

Ns

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Absolutely. Don't know where the male pattern baldness ends and anything related to benzos begins, but my hair loss has quickened exponentially... I've also come to appreciate the smallest positive things in life. Hard not to, being surrounded by bad feelings and events everywhere...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, [[N...] said:

Absolutely. Don't know where the male pattern baldness ends and anything related to benzos begins, but my hair loss has quickened exponentially... I've also come to appreciate the smallest positive things in life. Hard not to, being surrounded by bad feelings and events everywhere...

That's such a great attitude! Gotta have it to get thru this! 

Sorry about your hair too!

Ns

• Love 1

On 23/01/2024 at 05:20, [[n...] said:

I'm losing my hair! Ive been losing it for awhile,  hoped it would stop but its not!!! I've always had long blonde hair, its thick and a lot of it. It's falling everywhere everyday. To wash it is heartbreaking. It comes out in my hand and I touch my head and my hair feels so thin, I can feel my head, my skull! The vacuum is full of my hair! I hope it grows back. I used to complain, I have too much hair, I need to cut it! Lol, well, I won't complain about that anymore that's for sure. 

I've learned a lot during this process.  To be humble, to appreciate everything and everyone in my life.to be grateful for what we have and thankful for the little things.

If you complain about anything,  stop, you might get something you don't want! Look around you, be grateful, it could be worse!

Ns

@[ns...], oh yes, i know this symptom very well. But my hair stopped falling off about the time i jumped off benzo for good. I'd been losing lt throughout the taper. The floor in the bathroom was just covered with the hair. An interesting fact is whatever hair i had on my arms and legs, not much but yet, fell off too, kind of hair removal by benzo withdrawal) The symptom has disappeared completely. All my hair is back - not a single hair anywhere but my head now. So you are being wise not paying too much attention to it - the hair will definitely recover. 

You know, Nisndy i've learned about the same things and i'm, in a way, grateful to the process, no matter how hard it is.

Good luck to you in your journey) i'm sure however bumpy it is you will leave it behind!)

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

@[ns...],

Yep, me too.  I am raining hair.  I have been throughout my taper and it got worse for me after I jumped off.  At five months off, it is still falling out constantly.  It is getting very thin.  It is really, really frustrating.  I have very long hair so I really feel it as it sort of slides down my arm or my back.  I having been trying to get a hair cut for months just so I don't feel it fall, but I haven't felt un-dizzy enough to do that yet.  Maybe soon.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this too.  It's really disheartening. 

Thanks @[...]  for sharing your experience.  I'm glad to know that someone has recovered from this one!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, [[B...] said:

@[ns...],

Yep, me too.  I am raining hair.  I have been throughout my taper and it got worse for me after I jumped off.  At five months off, it is still falling out constantly.  It is getting very thin.  It is really, really frustrating.  I have very long hair so I really feel it as it sort of slides down my arm or my back.  I having been trying to get a hair cut for months just so I don't feel it fall, but I haven't felt un-dizzy enough to do that yet.  Maybe soon.

Thanks @[...]  for sharing your experience.  I'm glad to know that someone has recovered from this one!

@[Bu...], oh... I'm so sorry. i remember we discussed hair issue here a couple of months ago. Has there been no progress at all since then? I can imagine how frustrating it is but I do think your hair will improve in its time. I have lots of other unpleasant things that are still in the way to recovery. I guess  our symptoms dissipate at a different pace and yet they do)

Edited by [...]
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Ns

Hi @[ns...], I don't have the hair issue, but your "humble" comment I relate to.  For me it's my tremor.  I just feel so bad being around people when I can't stop my head-tremor.

I won't go all into it, but wondering if you are getting all the nutrients you need through your foods or basic supplements.  I am strict on my nutrition, and supplements mainly because of the miracle of reversing my T2 Diabetes, no pills the doc wanted me on when diagnosed, just did it with a low-carb diet.  I eat like a horse, and have not gained back the 30 lbs of ugly fat I lost.

I do know what it's like to feel nagged about things that people send us thinking it can help us.  So I hope you'll know that it's done such wonders for me in my taper, that I just have to share it in case it might help someone else.  Nutrition is at least safe for us to try, oregonlady ♥️♥️♥️

• Like 1

@[...], We did talk about that, way back in November; I had forgotten! (Oh, the memory! 🤪)   Unfortunately it hasn't improved yet.  But the holidays were rough and early January has always been hard for me.  Too dark and too cold.  So, I'm hopeful it will get better when the weather changes and I "perk up" a bit.  I think I'm a lot like a plant.  I need lots of sun and warmth. :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, [[B...] said:

@[ns...],

BurnTheShips, im sorry your lising your hair too. it's funny you describe it like that, I thought the same thing. Cut it off so I don't have to feel it going down my back, In my bed, on my socks lol. Oh i hope it grows back soon after taper. I'll never complain about having thick hair again! I can't go get mine cut now either, I'll probably chop it off myself! :'(

Ns

I thought about cutting it myself, too!  We'll see.  It's not like I go many places, so who's going to see it if it looks really bad? 😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

I thought about cutting it myself, too!  We'll see.  It's not like I go many places, so who's going to see it if it looks really bad? 😁

Exactly!😊

• Like 1

@[ns...] and @[Bu...], i don't think it matters much but my hair did start to improve after i had it cut for the first time in two years. I had been too ill to do it then too. Good luck to you both with the hair! We must feel beautiful whatever withdrawal happens!)

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Kate, thank u. I actually thought about cutting it to because I know that cutting our hair gives it a healthier chance to grow. The ends aren't good so you cut it and it seems to always grow back faster. My problem is I cut it a couple months ago and it's not even, so when I comb it it tangles and pulls more hair out lol, ive always cut my own hair but I'm too jerky to get an even cut, so I know I didn't help matters with that one. I turn my head upside down and cut it to layer it some but I didn't do that and it's just chopped off at the bottom. My hair looks so bad and thin, I can see my scalp for the first time ever!:tickedoff:lol

Nsindy, what resourceful people we are) Actually, i agree with Burntheship that, perhaps,it doesn't matter that much right now. I think everything is going to come back. I hope it'll happen to you rather soon!)

1 minute ago, [[w...] said:

I’ve lost hair . It happened rapidly.

many changes in skin, also.

Hi widesky,  did grow back ok? Yes my skin looks terrible, looks like I've aged 15yrs. What terrible thing to go thru but I'm hopeful after reading some encouraging words today!

@[ns...],

I'm always impressed by people who can cut their own hair and have it look good!  (I'm sorry it's not working right now, though.)   When I contemplate cutting mine, it will certainly look like I chopped it with a machete! :LOL:

18 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

@[ns...],

I'm always impressed by people who can cut their own hair and have it look good!  (I'm sorry it's not working right now, though.)   When I contemplate cutting mine, it will certainly look like I chopped it with a machete! :LOL:

:clap:

On 22/01/2024 at 20:20, [[n...] said:

Ns

@[ns...]Hi there! Yes- I lost so much hair. It was actually concerning. However, I hope it helps to say that mine is growing back. It looks silly. I had curly thick hair- then it went flat wavy curls that was so so very thin. For me, month 6-8 was really tough on me for withdrawals. After your body experiences trauma- physical or mental, you will lose large amounts of hair. As well for deficiencies. After the trauma or whatever caused the hair loss. You will shed for about 2-4 months. Then the growing process begins. 

I upped my protein game and I had some blood work done. My vitamin D levels were low. I now take a prescription of D2 and 800 units of D3. (As per instructed by my doctor) But I am healthy. Hair loss was scary. My hair is now growing back at 12 months and 6 days. I stopped taking Colezepam January 18 2023. EVERYONe is different. Timelines that is. My hair is much healthier now and I have so many new baby hairs around 2-3 inches all growing out around the same length. That’s what I meant it looked silly. The frizz is insane with all these new curls coming in.

I really hope this helps. 

• Like 2

I lost alot of hair and now it’s back and super thick and grows fast. I had the flu this weekend and didn’t shower for days so it took a good 20 minutes to comb all the knots out. <3

• Like 2

8 hours ago, [[M...] said:

I lost alot of hair and now it’s back and super thick and grows fast. I had the flu this weekend and didn’t shower for days so it took a good 20 minutes to comb all the knots out. <3

How long did you shed for and how long did it take for your hair to grow back?

10 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Oh thank you maganz, encouraging words I needed to hear! So glad your doing well. Are u finished with your taper? Are you still tapering? Just curious when your hair came back?

Thank u

Ns