Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Worst wave ever!

On 03/02/2024 at 21:37, [[C...] said:

I’m sorry duplicate posting

Edited by [ro...]

On 03/02/2024 at 21:37, [[C...] said:

Sounds so familiar, symptoms mental rather than physical. Lot of fear, depression, intrusive thoughts, cog impairment, loss of identity or connection to myself, to the world. Also have an apprehension about getting out of getting something done. It IS like being sick all the time, mental flu type of thing. Has been mental anguish. Not so uncommon at all.

Why am I like this after 18 months from a cold turkey rapid detox. I feel this is completely permanent. I wake in terror after 3 hours of sleep every day and exist in this panic anhedonia state where I am trapped and can’t remember my life. Can’t connect to myself or loved ones. Wife and son and parents. Friends are so removed and I’m terrified of everything. I am not sure what needs to be done to get through this but it feels so permanent and that I never will. I’ve let it take ahold of me or something. Even tho I felt the moment it all happened to me. It’s just too much of a growing, breathing torturous existence.

• Sad 1

On 03/02/2024 at 21:37, [[C...] said:Sounds so familiar, symptoms mental rather than physical. Lot of fear, depression, intrusive thoughts, cog impairment, loss of identity or connection to myself, to the world. Also have an apprehension
Edited by [ro...]

15 hours ago, [[r...] said:

Why am I like this after 18 months from a cold turkey rapid detox. I feel this is completely permanent. I wake in terror after 3 hours of sleep every day and exist in this panic anhedonia state where I am trapped and can’t remember my life. Can’t connect to myself or loved ones. Wife and son and parents. Friends are so removed and I’m terrified of everything. I am not sure what needs to be done to get through this but it feels so permanent and that I never will. I’ve let it take ahold of me or something. Even tho I felt the moment it all happened to me. It’s just too much of a growing, breathing torturous existence.

Understood. That's so rough as it is depressing. I know what it is to live with fear all the time. I can only call it a nightmare. I don't think there's anything to be done but to press on, or not. I mean it's a matter of which way you want to go at any given point, based whatever your awareness comes down to. My brother committed suicide from as he described, extreme anxiety/depression. I could hardly blame him, in I quite understood. I know he was on/off Klonopin, Xanax and had no idea those could have explained his current state. I do know they, in prison system, took him off couple times CT, no tapers. I sometimes feel demoralized by it all.