Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Left side flank and kidney pain.

I went to doctor today, because yesterday it felt like my left kidney was svollen and this morning too, but at the same time I have had a severe pain on the side too, like in the intestines right above my hipbone, and it's been more and more intense. 

I went into a setback (I think) in beginning of December after a cataract surgery where I had a allergic reaction to the eyedrops who was a NSAIDs and 3 days after I started using them my stomach started to act weird and constipation started together with the left pain described above, and after 8 days I stopped the eye drops and they gave me another, a steroid and I was so scared to take it because then I have started to get old wd symptoms too together with the constipation, I was due to surgery of the other eye 4 days later and at the same time I was scared of getting infection in the eye I already had done and I took one drop of the steroid and it gave me high pulse and heartpalpations almost at once. And I didn't drop it anymore, I almost cancelled the next surgery, but I managed to do it, they used another NSAIDs and surgery went well, but 3 hours later shit hit the fan literally, with all kinds of symptoms. 

My stomach went completely dead, and I tried dulcolax but it gave me high pulse and I couldn't eat, nausea from hell, no appetite and I had and still are force feeding my self with smoothies. 

I've lost 10 kg since then and the left side flank pain has been there constant and the kidney pain too. 

The doctor today took my BP it was ok, my pulse was 99 and then he took blood samples and crp, urine test and I'm now waiting for a CT scan. 

He felt my kidneys and said that he didn't think it was the kidneys, because I'm peeing ok, and kidney pain are so servere that you can't walk talk move or anything, but the kidneys could be overworked due to rapid weightloss and so, then he felt my stomach and when he touched the left side where I feel a constant pain, he said..there's definitely something that shouldn't be there. So now I'm waiting for the scan. 

Lately I've tried to increase my food in my smoothies, because I'm scared of loosing weight so fast, and I feel it's increased my nausea and I've had some heartburn lately. 

It feels like something are stuck right there in the intestines over the hipbone, but it's weird because I do empty my self everyday, it's not always normal, but every 2-3 days it looks and feels normal, and then sometimes after I have emptied myself and its quite normal, some hours later there comes more, and that are smelling like death, like something that's been laying and rottened for years somewhere. (sorry for the content) so I'm wondering if old poop can like be laying around for weeks maybe due to weak bowel movement. 

I'm having chia seeds in my smoothies, it has helped a lot. I've also used a lot of acupressure points to trigger my bowel movements, and lately I've been able to fart everyday after 4 ( it's a sign of movement and activity) 

But it really freaks me out this pain, and I have to wear my trousers down my hip, because I can't tolerate anything pressure on that side. 

Thanks for replying ❤️

Ho elbette, so sorry for what your going through. Sounds like intense bowel spasms, I'm having that today. Feels Like a garden hose in my bowel it's so hard. Withdrawal can cause this of course. I hope your scan turns out ok. It's good to get reassurance. Please let us know how your doing after your results ok.

It sounds so familiar, peeing all night, but I'm pretty regular lately but not always. These Withdrawals are relentless aren't they?

Prayed for you, try belly breathing ok, it's helping me a little.

Ns:hug:

On 22/01/2024 at 21:18, [[n...] said:

Ho elbette, so sorry for what your going through. Sounds like intense bowel spasms, I'm having that today. Feels Like a garden hose in my bowel it's so hard. Withdrawal can cause this of course. I hope your scan turns out ok. It's good to get reassurance. Please let us know how your doing after your results ok.

It sounds so familiar, peeing all night, but I'm pretty regular lately but not always. These Withdrawals are relentless aren't they?

Prayed for you, try belly breathing ok, it's helping me a little.

Ns:hug:

Thank you so much for replying. I took the ct yesterday and haven't got the results yet. But I got the results from the blood samples and they were all ok. But I can't seem to find ease before I get the results from the ct, hopefully tomorrow. Also I think, that if the blood samples are looking good then it might just be what I hope, a setback. I'm always so bad from the morning and forward, with all kinds of symptoms and in the afternoon I'm always feeling better, and That's so common wd symptom. 

Thanks for praying for me, I'll pray for you too. 🥰🤗

52 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Thank you so much for replying. I took the ct yesterday and haven't got the results yet. But I got the results from the blood samples and they were all ok. But I can't seem to find ease before I get the results from the ct, hopefully tomorrow. Also I think, that if the blood samples are looking good then it might just be what I hope, a setback. I'm always so bad from the morning and forward, with all kinds of symptoms and in the afternoon I'm always feeling better, and That's so common wd symptom. 

Thanks for praying for me, I'll pray for you too. 🥰🤗

Elbette, glad u responded.  Yes I agree I think the blood work is a good indicator of you being ok. It's so hard to wait on tests isn't it? I think if there was an issue they would have called right away! I too have flank pain, usually due to some real hard bowel spasms that cover my entire core. Usually ends up in constipation or d. Same for me, the symptoms come around 5am after I take my little dose and continue, then around 4 im feelingba little better then 5pm I take that dose and right before dinner and it starts again but eases. Then back hard around 8. To bed at 10, dose at 11 and then I kind of get a break, fall asleep for 1 to 2 hours, on and off til 5am and here we ho again. It's so odd! But I guess that's the way we're going to be until it changes.

Thank u for your prayers. I hope you feel better all day! 

Bless

Ns

1 hour ago, [[n...] said:

Elbette, glad u responded.  Yes I agree I think the blood work is a good indicator of you being ok. It's so hard to wait on tests isn't it? I think if there was an issue they would have called right away! I too have flank pain, usually due to some real hard bowel spasms that cover my entire core. Usually ends up in constipation or d. Same for me, the symptoms come around 5am after I take my little dose and continue, then around 4 im feelingba little better then 5pm I take that dose and right before dinner and it starts again but eases. Then back hard around 8. To bed at 10, dose at 11 and then I kind of get a break, fall asleep for 1 to 2 hours, on and off til 5am and here we ho again. It's so odd! But I guess that's the way we're going to be until it changes.

Thank u for your prayers. I hope you feel better all day! 

Bless

Ns

Thank you so much nsindy ❤️

It's actually evening here now and I'm heading for bed soon. I live in Norway, but I'm danish. 

Where do you live? 

How long have you been tapering?

I never tapered, I didn't know anything when I found out these pills where the cause for all my weird symptoms in tolerance, so I just stopped. I'm 7 years out. 

I hope your day will be ok without to much struggle. 

Danish hugs and love from Norway 🥰🤗❤️

• Like 1

I've done the ct scan, but I've not gotten the results yet. 

I got the results from my blood work and they're all fine. 

I've now got a letter that I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy 13 February and I'm freaking out. I'm so scared it will completely destroy my gut bacteria and that I'll get another relapse from the sedation and the stuff I have to take to empty my bowels. 

The last 14 days I've actually had quite normal poops more or less, not every day looks completely normal, but Ive managed to empty myself every day🥸

I'm so scared and considering cancelling the appointment. 😓

[74...]

Hi @[El...]

I think it makes sense to take it just one thing at a time… and I think you just need to get those results back so you can hopefully just put them behind you. You can always cancel your colonoscopy at anytime. 

I guess what I’m saying is that it would be good to just focus on one thing at a time, instead of worrying about everything all at once. I do know that’s so much easier to say than do, but I just think you need to lose the weight of worry around your c/t results first and then you can move on to making a decision about the colonoscopy. 

Don’t worry so much about your bacteria (microbiome), you can always rebuild healthy numbers of the right bacteria with the right diet. Even if certain bacteria don’t show up as present in tests, it doesn’t mean they aren’t there. The numbers may just be too low to detect and can be increased with the right foods. 

Let us know how the results come back. 

Thoughts are with you. 🫂

1 minute ago, [[W...] said:

Hi @[El...]

I think it makes sense to take it just one thing at a time… and I think you just need to get those results back so you can hopefully just put them behind you. You can always cancel your colonoscopy at anytime. 

I guess what I’m saying is that it would be good to just focus on one thing at a time, instead of worrying about everything all at once. I do know that’s so much easier to say than do, but I just think you need to lose the weight of worry around your c/t results first and then you can move on to making a decision about the colonoscopy. 

Don’t worry so much about your bacteria (microbiome), you can always rebuild healthy numbers of the right bacteria with the right diet. Even if certain bacteria don’t show up as present in tests, it doesn’t mean they aren’t there. The numbers may just be too low to detect and can be increased with the right foods. 

Let us know how the results come back. 

Thoughts are with you. 🫂

Winter's sun❤️

I love you🤗 and you're so right and logical. I'll try...try to convince my brain to this. I have an appointment tomorrow with my doc and most likely I'll get the ct results then. And it's now 3 days since my scan, if it was something really serious I think I would have got a call already. My doc sendt the letter for the colonoscopy to the hospital already before the ct scan, I guess that's just what they do. If he had sendt it after my ct I would have worried more. 

Winter's sun, you're such a gem, your words are always so calming and logical, and we really needs this during this unlogical journey. Thank you again🥰

• Like 1

[74...]

Yes… I imagine you would’ve received a call to go into the doctors sooner if it were anything serious. 

Try and rest your mind wherever you can. 🫂

@[El...] I just went to the doctor last Friday regarding left side pain. I have had it for a year. It kept getting worse. My doctor assured me it was most likely just back pain but I was not convinced. They did a full set of blood work. I was also rated for a UTI-  Negative for that and my blood work normal. I had low levels of vitamin D- that’s it. 

My back pain was really bothering me. The middle of my back that would radiate down to my hip. Then my anxiety made it worse. I began to try and figure out where the pain exactly was. The more I worried,  the worse the pain got. Then it started radiating down my back and I was convinced it was an organ. The reason I am telling you this is I wish I wouldn’t have spent my time thinking the worst. I was convinced I was going to get bad news.

The withdrawals send our minds into some awful places. The statement mind over matter was the hardest to achieve through withdrawals. I hope everything goes well. However, I truly believe you will be just fine. You are in my thoughts 😊 

8 hours ago, [[A...] said:

@[El...] I just went to the doctor last Friday regarding left side pain. I have had it for a year. It kept getting worse. My doctor assured me it was most likely just back pain but I was not convinced. They did a full set of blood work. I was also rated for a UTI-  Negative for that and my blood work normal. I had low levels of vitamin D- that’s it. 

My back pain was really bothering me. The middle of my back that would radiate down to my hip. Then my anxiety made it worse. I began to try and figure out where the pain exactly was. The more I worried,  the worse the pain got. Then it started radiating down my back and I was convinced it was an organ. The reason I am telling you this is I wish I wouldn’t have spent my time thinking the worst. I was convinced I was going to get bad news.

The withdrawals send our minds into some awful places. The statement mind over matter was the hardest to achieve through withdrawals. I hope everything goes well. However, I truly believe you will be just fine. You are in my thoughts 😊 

Thank you so much for you reply, its really helpfull and you're so true about our wd sending our minds into awfull places and I now got the results and it showed absolutely nothing, and they've scanned me from neck to hips. ☺️

• Love 1

I got the results from the CT scan and they've scanned me from neck to hips, and they've found absolutely nothing. 
I also called an eye surgery institute and asked what's the most common sedation during cataract surgery. They send me message back and said that  oxybrucaine, tetracaine and xylocaine are the most common, the last one most often used. I've hadn't got to investigate those medications yet.

My doc are though very persistent that I really should take the colonoscopy to rule out absolutely everything and I tried to explain that I'm very scared and that I feel my stomach finally are starting to build up again.

I'll see what I do, I might postpone it to a little later. But omg I'm so relieved 😌

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Aww that's such good news Elbette! So happy to hear this, I kind of figured that it was withdrawal symptoms buy we just dint know sometimes.  Better to get reassurance isn't it sometimes. 

So glad your feeling better 

Ns

Edited by [ns...]
Additions and corrections
  • Love 1

On 26/01/2024 at 06:36, [[E...] said:

I got the results from the CT scan and they've scanned me from neck to hips, and they've found absolutely nothing. 
I also called an eye surgery institute and asked what's the most common sedation during cataract surgery. They send me message back and said that  oxybrucaine, tetracaine and xylocaine are the most common, the last one most often used. I've hadn't got to investigate those medications yet.

My doc are though very persistent that I really should take the colonoscopy to rule out absolutely everything and I tried to explain that I'm very scared and that I feel my stomach finally are starting to build up again.

I'll see what I do, I might postpone it to a little later. But omg I'm so relieved 😌

This is great news. I have finally reached over a year since I last taken my last dose of clonzepam. I have trained myself to realize most of my pains will send me into a panic regarding my health. We feel things about 10x more intensely then we did beforehand. I will see my doctor for my routine check ups and bring anything that worries me to their attention. However, I now stop my mind from traveling down those steep rides of panic and “worst case scenarios. I will literally say out loud to myself “ this is nothing, it’s just your withdrawals” and wait for the wave to pass. It was really rough getting here- but remember, “this shall pass” . You are healthy 💜 Your withdrawals just don’t allow you to see that. 

you are doing great and you are so strong. Keep it up

• Like 1
  • Love 1