Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

15 months out - wild swings in symptoms

I’m 15.5 months out and starting about a month ago have been experiencing the most volatile symptoms imaginable.  Like every few hours.  Will go from being wired to feeling utterly exhausted, crazy anxious to don’t give a damn, raging muscle tension to feeling weightless.  

My “nerve sensations” have really stepped up their game.  This is stuff like the internal vibration/buzzing/electricity, random prickling and tingling in my head, etc  

What the heck is going on?

It’s unbelievable, I’m going through similar crap. 
Im so pissed to be at the mercy of a nervous system that is supposedly repairing itself. 
This is Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde in action. It’s hard not to question my sanity. 

I can’t help but wonder if people who do crazy things that put them behind bars are dealing with withdrawal from prescription drugs which they have taken as prescribed.

@[dj...]🫂

5 hours ago, [[d...] said:

I’m 15.5 months out and starting about a month ago have been experiencing the most volatile symptoms imaginable.  Like every few hours.  Will go from being wired to feeling utterly exhausted, crazy anxious to don’t give a damn, raging muscle tension to feeling weightless.  

My “nerve sensations” have really stepped up their game.  This is stuff like the internal vibration/buzzing/electricity, random prickling and tingling in my head, etc  

What the heck is going on?

djej2010, I'm so sorry your having these symptoms. I'm also having these, plus bowel spasms. I know it's withdrawal symptoms, it helps to whats happening to us, to understand what's going on. Ashton says these are normal symptoms and will not harm us, hard to believe sometimes but she's been right for me so far. Sorry your suffering, I hope you can turn your focus away from all if this.

Ns

27 minutes ago, [[w...] said:

It’s unbelievable, I’m going through similar crap. 
Im so pissed to be at the mercy of a nervous system that is supposedly repairing itself. 
This is Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde in action. It’s hard not to question my sanity. 

I can’t help but wonder if people who do crazy things that put them behind bars are dealing with withdrawal from prescription drugs which they have taken as prescribed.

@[dj...]🫂

I’m sure there have been plenty of cases of people getting in trouble with the law both starting and stopping psychiatric medications.  

Hell, a friend of mine is very bipolar, although he’s got it mostly under control, and he didn’t take his medicine a few years back and walked into a bank screaming to talk to a manager.  Psychotic episode.  They ended up calling the police and diffused the situation, and lucky for him no charges were pressed. 

Unfortunately, stuff like this gets chalked up to mental illness being the cause and not the drugs.  “Well he just didn’t take his medicine.”  Ok true, but the withdrawal from the medicine often creates a much stronger reaction than the illness itself.  Somehow that gets completely ignored. 

A small percentage of people definitely have hallucinations and psychotic episodes when starting medications too, specifically antidepressants.  

• Sad 1

"This is Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde in action"

That is exactly what I said to myself the other day.  Jekyll is GABA and Hyde is Glutamate

I’m at 18 months almost and I don’t see things changing for another 6 months.  Happy, sad.  Irritable, really sweet.  Constant ruminating about 3 problems over and over again.  Then feel ok.  Then not ok.  In 2 days I could be ok and making plans for future.  Who knows.

Edited by [Pi...]

43 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I’m at 18 months almost and I don’t see things changing for another 6 months.  Happy, sad.  Irritable, really sweet.  Constant ruminating about 3 problems over and over again.  Then feel ok.  Then not ok.  In 2 days I could be ok and making plans for future.  Who knows.

If it makes you feel better, I have been on this board awhile (thanks to a couple reinstatements in the past 4 years) and 18-24 months seems to be a turning point for a lot of unfortunate souls who just don’t seem to be progressing that first year or year and a half.  

I saw a post a few weeks ago of someone that is 3 years out and nearly fully healed and said that things were horrific at 24 months but quickly started getting better after that. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, [[d...] said:

Si te hace sentir mejor, he estado en este foro por un tiempo (gracias a un par de reincorporaciones en los últimos 4 años) y 18 a 24 meses parece ser un punto de inflexión para muchas almas desafortunadas que simplemente no parecen estar progresando ese primer año o año y medio.  

Hace unas semanas vi una publicación de alguien que lleva 3 años fuera y está casi completamente curado y decía que las cosas estaban horribles a los 24 meses, pero que rápidamente comenzaron a mejorar después de eso. 

I have had insomnia for 22 months now it is worse than last year.God hear you and I started to improve quickly, lately I sleep 2 hours and that's it.

Yea, polydrugged me knows what you are talking about. I hope this wave will calm down. This is so annoying! My symptoms change wildly too. But that has always been the case tbh. It’s just now this wave has had everything ramped up. Had a better day yesterday and had sort of a window in the evening but my legs feel like they are falling asleep today again. Less general tension, though. 

Can relate to wild swings. Burning mouth & symptoms I think must be related to nerve endings are so annoying. But mostly there’s anger. Not sure where that came from! 

I think it signifies repair, your brain is working on one area, then another, then another

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[S...] said:

I think it signifies repair, your brain is working on one area, then another, then another

That’s what I’ve heard.  For all the repairing it’s doing, it doesn’t seem to be producing good results.  

3 hours ago, [[W...] said:

Yea, polydrugged me knows what you are talking about. I hope this wave will calm down. This is so annoying! My symptoms change wildly too. But that has always been the case tbh. It’s just now this wave has had everything ramped up. Had a better day yesterday and had sort of a window in the evening but my legs feel like they are falling asleep today again. Less general tension, though. 

My symptoms have always changed a lot as well, but typically I might have 3-4 rough days where a few symptoms dominate, followed by a couple “more manageable” days, and then 3-4 days where another set of symptoms dominate.  

Now, it feels like I’m going through them all every 24 hours.  

I woke up this morning around 5am with severe chemical anxiety and it was accompanied by this bizarre sort of tingling or electrical feeling throughout my body.  It just gripped my body for like an hour and a half, and by the end, my body was so exhausted by it that I just feel back asleep.    Does anyone experience anything like this?  None of this is new by the way.  I’m just been getting very intense and frequent spells of this stuff lately   

Past two nights I’ve had that strong internal vibration accompanied by strong anxiety as well, and it kind of squeezes my body too.  Each time that lasted about 4 hours and then it just disappeared and was totally exhausted.  

It’s seriously like a car that has no coolant and continuously overheats and just breaks down.  

Edited by [dj...]

I'm 19 months CT. Same thing. Constant changes in mood sometimes by the hour. Had severe benzo belly started about 2 weeks ago now that's subsiding. Dim vision comes and goes with burning dry eyes. Other days vision is great. I usually fade towards dinner time and get intense what feels like sinus pressure between my eyes and brain fog. Being afraid of everything is becoming intense. The early days was more anxiety not fear. I lived to work on my cars over the years now I feel afraid to drive especially at night because of the brain fog and burning eyes. Muscle pain and balance has improved and I was starting to lift weights again and then got slammed in this wave I'm currently in. Hoping this is the grand finale. I need to move on with my life. this is getting really old.   

2 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I'm 19 months CT. Same thing. Constant changes in mood sometimes by the hour. Had severe benzo belly started about 2 weeks ago now that's subsiding. Dim vision comes and goes with burning dry eyes. Other days vision is great. I usually fade towards dinner time and get intense what feels like sinus pressure between my eyes and brain fog. Being afraid of everything is becoming intense. The early days was more anxiety not fear. I lived to work on my cars over the years now I feel afraid to drive especially at night because of the brain fog and burning eyes. Muscle pain and balance has improved and I was starting to lift weights again and then got slammed in this wave I'm currently in. Hoping this is the grand finale. I need to move on with my life. this is getting really old.   

I hope for your sake this is the grand finale, or at least the end of the chaos and towards manageable recovery.  

• Like 1