Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Migraine's are scaring me bad, I feel helpless

15 hours ago, [[T...] said:

I developed horrible migraines from my BIND and the protracted withdrawal and they have been debilitating. I am not sure what type of migraines they are because my neurologist never told me. I did an MRI and it showed that I have migrainous activity and I was prescribed Sumatriptan to use sparingly, because of you take it too much, it causes more migraines. I was given 9 pills per month. The other drugs he was recommending were anti-depressants or drugs that I would have to take every day, and after dealing with psych-med harm, that is the last thing I want to do. I would also love to know any other holistic options for dealing with migraines when they come on. For me, it is from trauma from the brain injury. I have to be very careful to avoid over-stimulation which trigger them. Wishing you the best of luck figuring out way to manage yours. 

I don't see where I answered your reply @[Ta...] and I apologize for that.  All the replies meant a lot to me and encouraged me knowing I was not alone ♥️

Yes, they are absolutely debilitating.  I remember being very young and to this day, people cannot understand why a "headache" ruins a day, or days!  It's been frustrating over the years as anyone that has migraine knows the feeling too well.  They kept me out of good jobs, relationship issues, etc.  We all know the drill, no pun intended:brickwall:

My Sumatriptan is down at my Rite Aid and I'll get my 8 tablet.  My last 8 I had filled Oct. 2022.  That tells me how few painful migraines I had but some of those pills probably went missing as when I travel etc. I would always keep a couple with me ;)  The do work for me, so good so far.

I've found my best info on my migraines online.  I'm sad to say Neuros, Cardios, MDs and all their tests were basically ignorant of migraine.  At least they'll prescribe their pills which I am grateful for the times I needed a prescription, and grateful now that I can still get my C so I can finish my slow taper. 

I wouldn't go through the hell I went through when I decided to just not fill my script after taking it for years.  I was lucky to get it refilled after 3-4 days.  I hardly remember that time except being in a walmart fearing for my life because "all those people" were after me or something :(

My heart goes out to others who have no choice ♥️

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for your reply, and things are a lot better today, oregonlady:hug:

Edited by [or...]

1 hour ago, [[o...] said:

haven't tried Ginger,

I was referring to Ginger Gravel (does't make you tired)..Regular Gravol has Dimenhydrinate (an antihistime in it) but Ginger Gravel doesn't.  I used to take 1 Gravol for migraines and go to a dark space.  It helped with relieve the pressure in my head and the headache was not as bad.  I haven't taken anything for recent migraines tho.  I do hope you are feeling better :)

7 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

I was referring to Ginger Gravel (does't make you tired)..Regular Gravol has Dimenhydrinate (an antihistime in it) but Ginger Gravel doesn't.  I used to take 1 Gravol for migraines and go to a dark space.  It helped with relieve the pressure in my head and the headache was not as bad.  I haven't taken anything for recent migraines tho.  I do hope you are feeling better :)

yes, better, but need to get my script down at riteaid and a little gunshy to go out yet.

I think an antihistamine could be good, although I don't want the tiredness that comes with some.  I really think the Ginger I am thinking of using will help me though as well so I'll get some and I usually have some in my freezer.  Thank you for your help and well wishes @[Da...] :) oregonlady♥️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[o...] said:

My sister got to go home yesterday @[...] she called me yesterday morning and sounded so much better I could hardly believe it.  She has to have oxygen tank, and I can only hope she will take better care of herself.  I really did appreciate yours, and everyone else's replies.

I so hope you are better today from you headache, any type of headache can be debilitating!  I do a lot of anti-inflammatory foods, and also things like Turmeric and Cinnamon.  Maybe those things can give you some relief as well.  I do take Tylenol, but am careful not to use it too often as I know it messes with our stomachs.

oregonlady sending hope and encouragement, :hug:♥️

@[or...], i'm so happy for your sister's getting better. Miracles do happen!) I hope with all my heart she will be doing better and better.

Thank you so much for the tip on cinnamon and turmeric. I didn't know it might help. I''m going to try them. They are tasty as well as healthy) No, my poore head is worse. Think it's already a kind of migrain and i'll have to take a painkiller( i wouldn't like to and am afraid it won't help. I have been walking in the snowy forest today. It was really beautiful and calm, and the headache was almost gone for a while but it's back.

I've not read the whole thread yet. I'm going to read it and find out about the migrain of yours. Hope it's gone.

Edited by [...]
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

Hi @[...] good for you on the walk, I stopped slight back pain, and milder headaches by walks.  Mine too return sometimes.  With the Turmeric, I was never bothered by anything else, but the cinnamon I notice made a difference in my #2's, lol, used to call them that as a kid ;)  So I took it easy on that first time and did 1/4 tsp, level.  But you can try less just in case ;)  Don't want you getting the hershey squirts  which aren't as fun as they sound ;)

I so hope you find relief, and I am so hoping for you.  I think I'd rather be in pain then for my friends to be.  It's that feeling of helplessness to help someone else, easier to be my own guinea pig ;) big hugs, :hug:Denise, oregonlady is ok but I feel so close to some of you I like to use my real name sometimes ♥️

Denise, thank you so much for your kindness! I do appreciate it.

Wish you lots of health and zero headaches!)💕

• Love 1