Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Almost 5 months

Just now, [[D...] said:

TY.....you have such a positive attitude.  I love it and just know you are going to do great!  For me, I am not sure how much fight I have left.  It's not just the K, I am polydrugged and just doing my own thing with them.  I have oodles of meds I am not taking.  I have had relief from the twitching and cramping for 2 days tho so that is a bonus.  It seems I feel better the less I eat!

Oh no u don't, your going to eat! Glad you've  been having a window. Oh I have a bag if pills that none worked on me.i can't tske anything. I tapered off celexa when I tapered off lorazapam 3 yrs ago so it was both, although I taped celexa for a yr so I think it's just the benzo. What is polydrugged

3 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

How come? It's a low sodium issue, electrolyte problem that no one can explain to me why I have it

I was researching low blood pressure, high heart rate and some of my symptoms and that is something that came up.

Just now, [[n...] said:

What is polydrugged

Too many meds...one to treat one symptoms and another to treat another symptoms and the cycle goes!

3 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

I was researching low blood pressure, high heart rate and some of my symptoms and that is something that came up.

Get your sodium checked!

2 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Too many meds...one to treat one symptoms and another to treat another symptoms and the cycle goes!

Yes me too.  Gabapentin, norco, baclofen, percocet, I weaned myself off of all. Then he gave me lorazepam after gallbladder surgery,  so much anxiety!

Yep I known what that feels like. I didnt want to have any more drugs in me. I had radiation for the brain tumor after gallbladder surgery, so much stress but I needed to feel again I felt like I could feel compassion anymore.but boy, then I could feel too much! 

Gotta take these things slow

• Like 1

Just now, [[n...] said:

Get your sodium checked!

Yes....during Christmas when I thought I wasn't going to be able to fake it a little....My sodium was really low and my BP was like low 80s/high40s-low50s....after a very salty dinner, I even managed to visit 2 friends for short visits.  Prior to eating, I was unable to stand up without everything going black.  I have no idea why docs think low BP is ok when there are other symptoms!  I know depersonalization/derealization is crazy when my bp is so low....and so is my anticipatory anxiety.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [[s...] said:

I have severely low vitamin D and iron levels but every time i try a small dose of either one, it sends me into a hellish wave.

Do you think your doctor would refer you to an endocrinologist?

Just now, [[D...] said:

Yes....during Christmas when I thought I wasn't going to be able to fake it a little....My sodium was really low and my BP was like low 80s/high40s-low50s....after a very salty dinner, I even managed to visit 2 friends for short visits.  Prior to eating, I was unable to stand up without everything going black.  I have no idea why docs think low BP is ok when there are other symptoms!  I know depersonalization/derealization is crazy when my bp is so low....and so is my anticipatory anxiety.

Get it checked, I had low BP too,  then I had to start eating so much salt  sodium rich foods. U can have a seizure, that's why I freak out when I think my sodium is low. It was one time, they kept me for 3 days, did a brain scan and o was OK but it could have been bad. Get it checked 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Do you think your doctor would refer you to an endocrinologist?

Yes, Went to one, waste really. They checked my adrenaline, cortisol etc but it was after I started benzos. They did one goid thing, set me up to have a test to see if I have an adrenal tumor but I canceled. Had to drink potassium iodine and was having issues with potassium at the time. The doc turned me over to a European Woman who was rude. She ordered that test but I couldn't do it. Wish I could have because it's like getting a testto ck everything inside you. I can ask for it again, but I'll need to wait til off benzo and calmed down 

1 minute ago, [[n...] said:

Yes, Went to one, waste really. They checked my adrenaline, cortisol etc but it was after I started benzos. They did one goid thing, set me up to have a test to see if I have an adrenal tumor but I canceled. Had to drink potassium iodine and was having issues with potassium at the time. The doc turned me over to a European Woman who was rude. She ordered that test but I couldn't do it. Wish I could have because it's like getting a testto ck everything inside you. I can ask for it again, but I'll need to wait til off benzo and calmed down 

I had to go off the baclofen after 4 days. Went into tolerance real fast. It.kind of helped me but then gave me symptoms.  They said it might do that. Just another pill I can't take

2 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Just another pill I can't take

That is why I am skeptical about going for any tests TBH......more meds!  I am now waiting for my genetic testing....I have an appointment with a nutritionist prior to appointment with my GP

1 minute ago, [[D...] said:

That is why I am skeptical about going for any tests TBH......more meds!  I am now waiting for my genetic testing....I have an appointment with a nutritionist prior to appointment with my GP

Oh good, me too. Going to New doc Tues, have a list of tests i.need. I know He'll want me to see a nutritionist. I kind of don't want that, she will tell me to eat what I can't eat, supplements I can't take. I already know what I can eat, and what I can't take but maybe she can shed some light non why I can't eat those other foods and supplements.  O guess it's a step. But I need a gi, a Immunologist, Allergist, neurologist, and a physical therapy facility that treats brain injury. So we'll see how much I get done, plus blood work, a metals test for Titanium clips. Lol, he's going to think I'm crazy.  Oh and a brain mri to ck my tumor 

1 minute ago, [[n...] said:

Oh good, me too. Going to New doc Tues, have a list of tests i.need. I know He'll want me to see a nutritionist. I kind of don't want that, she will tell me to eat what I can't eat, supplements I can't take. I already know what I can eat, and what I can't take but maybe she can shed some light non why I can't eat those other foods and supplements.  O guess it's a step. But I need a gi, a Immunologist, Allergist, neurologist, and a physical therapy facility that treats brain injury. So we'll see how much I get done, plus blood work, a metals test for Titanium clips. Lol, he's going to think I'm crazy.  Oh and a brain mri to ck my tumor 

I already Said no more meds. My decision period!

5 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

I already Said no more meds. My decision period!

Goodnight for now, talk tomorrow or Monday k