Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Advice on Gabentin

Has anyone had successful experience in using gabentin during their taper to mitigate the horrible nervous tingling and pain that is making my experience a nightmare?  I saw my PC several months ago and he readily prescribed 300mg capsules (one daily).  The medication gave me almost instant relief.  Within just 24-36 hours symptoms were gone for the most part.  I thought it was a miracle supplement until a few days later when side effects of nausea and sleeplessness started to arise.  Subsequently, I quit using it and was once again in misery.  I think someone here said they had great success at the lower dosage of 100mg.   Sadly, I can't figure out who it was.  I'm really wondering if I tried the same if I could get some relief.  I have good Rx insurance  so a trial prescription would not be a big deal.  ANYONE??????

It can be really helpful for some people.  The caveat with Gabapentin is that sometimes people with a benzo injury can have horrific withdrawals with it as well.  

I took it for 6 weeks and it only provided modest relief so I tried to get it off of it before I became too dependent.  Just lowering from 900mg to 600mg gave me horrific withdrawals that were honestly worse than benzos.  But it was very short lived.  Like two days and I was back to where I was before.  But that may not have been the case had I been on longer. 

Thanks for your reply.  I had the same after just being on it for a couple of weeks.  I also only took 300 mgs.  That amount proved to be overkill for me.  Someone here told me that they had had good results by taking just 100 mg.  I've sent in a request to my clinic for a new script and am going to give it a try at that level.  I should be able to tell within several days if it is going to be effective.  It's good to know that your withdrawal effects were short lived, however intense they might have been.  Best wishes.  Thanks again for following up on my concern.    

Wishing you the best outcome with gabapentin. 

thank god you won’t be taking a high dose.

gabapentin is a drug that needs to be used with caution 

• Like 1