Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Hi I am addicted to the benzodiazepine gidazepam (Diazepam). I want to quit.

Hi all. Today is the first day I am on the usual dosage, as you recommended, I will stay for a week and start reducing the dosage.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Co...]

• [...]

• [ns...]

I read that benzodiazepines wash out magnesium, I bought magnesium b6 anti-stress today Since I found all the symptoms of magnesium deficiency in myself.

I decided to replenish magnesium in this way. And there is a question: if I take magnesium according to the instructions, is it compatible with benzodiazepines?

3 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Yes, you can take magnesium with benzos.

Thanks for the answer. I just read somewhere here that benzodiazepines wash magnesium out of the body, so I decided to replenish it.

7 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Benzos cause Many  chemicals changes in our brain and body, many essential vit, nutrients are lost during withdrawal and use of benzos. Vit d is especially hit hard. Many cannot take vit or supplements during withdrawal as it seems to exacerbate the symptoms. For me, I can't taje anything. Magnesium causes me to be more excitable, hypersensitivity and hyperactivity like most supplements do so I eat lots of Magnesium rich foods.

Goid luck, maybe you can tolerate it.

Ns

Hello. I noticed that when discontinued, vitamins seem to improve symptoms, although strangely it should be the other way around. I was drinking once Omega 3, but then I stopped the drug immediately and at first it seemed to me that I was feeling good, but then it became very bad. The last time I wanted to cancel the ladder and also sharply reduced the dosage by 50%, which led to a bad condition. Now, on the advice here on the forum, I returned to my usual dosage, but I also decided Б6 Magnesium. Since I read that benzodiazepine flushes magnesium from the body, and it is the lack of magnesium that causes anxiety, panic, convulsions, tingling of the skin. And many other unpleasant symptoms. Therefore, I decided for now I will reduce the dosage by 10% per month, I will drink magnesium b6 to reduce unpleasant conditions, I don’t know if this will help when I start reducing. But I started taking magnesium yesterday and felt some slight relief. Plus it has a cumulative effect. That is, to understand whether it works or not, you need to drink it for at least a week, I think. And then we'll see. I will definitely write here about whether taking magnesium helps or not. Although I understand that everyone’s body is different, it may help some and not others.

The only part of your post that I can answer is that I have been on Klonopin for over 35 years and am toward the end of a five year taper.  Yes you should b e able to get off of it.  I am having trouble getting off that last half milligram but I've been on it so much longer than you.   Yes it is worth doing it.  I will persist until I am completely off it 

• Like 3

Ps. I think it was somewhere in this post that someone entitled drinking strong tea.  Coffee strong tea and chocolate all contain caffeine which causes anxiety , rapid heart beat and panic attacks. Any type of stimulants should be avoided if one has any of these things.  It really makes a difference.  Takes a little bit to get out of the system i think

• Like 1

I noticed yesterday that magnesium with vitamin Б6 Helps me relieve OCD symptoms. It's strange but it's a fact.

• Like 1

Hello friends. Question? Why is it bad in the morning and when do I wake up? Then I take a pill an hour later, have breakfast, drink tea and I feel fine.It is very rare to feel good in the morning. I’m so tired of this, won’t there ever come such days when I wake up cheerful and active in the morning? I'm so tired of these conditions. The weather has been changing a lot lately, it’s a pity that I don’t know English. And perhaps what I write is not clear to everyone. But I try to write as clearly as possible. I can’t learn anything at all lately; my memory has gotten worse.( Have a nice day, everyone.

• Like 1

Hello @[...]

- I had interdose W/D from alprazolam but that has a pretty short half life. For years I was extremely agitated and I was shaking in the morning. I also had intrusive thoughts. I think this does not necessarily apply to you as gidazepam has a long half-life.

- As I was withdrawing and after I stopped taking the medication my morning have been, too, very bad. I get intrusive thoughts, anxiety, chest pain, feeling stuck, etc. 

As @[...] said, it is very common during withdrawal. I hope she is right and it goes away :) This forum has many recovered members. 

Edited by [Re...]
grammar
  • Like 2

Yes, I saw that there are many success stories here. People of different ages. But sometimes it seems to me that I’m 39 years old and I’m already too old to quit taking benzodiazepines, and the thought comes to my mind: maybe Drink it and everything in your usual dose of 1 tablet per day 0.02 mg and don’t worry, but lately it’s been affecting my health. And there were also moments in connection with events in our country when there was no gidazepam in pharmacies, which is what gave me the idea that I want to be independent of substances. But so far only attempts. Which so far have a negative experience.

My opinion is that benzodiazepines are created precisely for the purpose of hooking people up and getting money from them on an ongoing basis. Pharmacological mafia. I am meeting more and more people who have been harmed by benzodiazepines until I have met one who has been helped by them. From our examples, gidazepam is prescribed for a cold nerve, why?  Isn't there an alternative treatment? Yes, but our pharmaceutical companies pay kickbacks for every prescription written to doctors. So I write them out not only because they help, but because they pay, but that’s how it is here, I don’t know. I sometimes have such aggression towards the doctor who prescribed me a benzodiazepine in 2011.

• Like 2

@[...] I don't blame my original prescriber, I am rather angry at the system. The doctors, mostly, don't know much about benzo withdrawal, but it is really not their fault. It is definitely not in the DSM. 

There is not much to do about this condition, only going slow and time will help, there is no medication for it, no profit in it. And it seems to be rare (🤔). 

I agree on a faulty system. Having much anger during the process is not helpful. Trying to focus on progress and distraction, tapering methods may be of way better use of time and energy. 

• Like 2

Good morning everyone. I’m completely falling apart today. Tell me, does anyone else have bad blood pressure due to the weather, I didn’t have this before (But now that the weather is changing, I don’t feel well.

Hello @[...]. Blood pressure can vary quite dramatically sometimes for just about anyone. For this reason, doctors often ask patients to take daily readings for a while so that can see the larger picture. Having said this, if you have concerns, and certainly if your blood pressure is consistently high (or low), you should go and see your doctor.

I do not know if changes to your blood pressure are due to the stress of withdrawal of gidazepam. Irrespective, consistently high or low blood pressure might need treatment. Again, I suggest you see your doctor to rule out other medical problems or in case you need medication.

• Like 1

@[Co...]I also have a question: is there any inpatient treatment in the hospital for benzodiazepine addiction, or is there no such thing? In general, there is some kind of treatment in the hospital? For example, our medicine can be said to be conditionally free. That is, for example, I can only buy medicines that they don’t have. I was just lying in the drug treatment center with my alcoholism! But this is completely different. In general, I would like to know if there is a practicing treatment regimen for benzodiazepine addiction?

Yes, I know, I’m looking for easy ways to get rid of it, but maybe they are just not available to everyone?

Hello everyone, every morning I start off feeling unwell. I read the forum yesterday, some topics scare me, for example, when people write that they have 5 years of pure time that they have waves of bad states, it’s terrible (but I don’t have such comfort before My drug brings more and I feel better but not completely. I turned into some kind of whiner, but no one wrote whether there are possibilities and methods for treating benzodiazepine addiction in the hospital hospital. Has anyone had this practice and could you share your experience?

Friends, I felt so bad this evening, I ate a lot and began to feel disorientated and feel like I had blood pressure and nausea. It's good that there is somewhere to write