Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Hi I am addicted to the benzodiazepine gidazepam (Diazepam). I want to quit.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Co...]

• [...]

• [ns...]

Good morning everyone. Today is the third day I have been drinking half and half. I feel strange, but on the contrary, clarity has appeared in my head, I certainly don’t Of course, I understand that it can suddenly become bad, but I don’t think about it now, I feel much better than when I took one tablet a day. Regarding sleep, the most interesting thing is that yesterday I managed to go to bed early at 12 am. Previously, I did not go to bed until 3 am, and the most interesting thing is that I had a desire to sleep. I used to toss and turn and couldn’t sleep, but now I want to sleep during the day after lunch too. In general, it’s only the third day, it’s too early to say, but somehow everything is happening smoothly and vice versa))))

In the evening, it gets a little bad. But in fact, I read that when the drug is stopped, insomnia, and I, on the contrary, want to sleep strangely

Or is it all individual? 

At night it was bad, symptoms of direalization appeared, but I coped, just lay down, closed my eyes and endured, I knew that this was a wave and it would pass. 

I've read success stories here on the forum and it's inspired me to do what I can do. 

I learned a lot of useful information, for example, about a large belly, I thought it was it that it grew over the years, I got fat, it turns out that this is from benzodiazepines.

By the way, I also read that baldness of the head also happens because of benzo, I wonder when I will completely quit, if it turns out that I will grow hair or not

And it turns out that claustrophobia is also a manifestation of benzo addiction, I thought that this is a mental disorder in me

Today is the 4th day I drink half a half, I want to continue

So far, it's tolerable, if it doesn't get dramatically bad, then I can do it

As I understood, before complete withdrawal, you need to reduce the dosage very slowly? 

I know it's too early to think about it, but I've read that they reduce it with very microdoses. 

Friends, today is the 5th day since I took gidazepam off and took half the tablet. I feel relatively normal, but sometimes I feel bad in waves. Especially yesterday. Now I just got up normally, the only thing is noise in the ears.. But I read about this symptom. For now I’m holding on and I have intentions to move on and only forward. Although sometimes I have doubts about what will happen if it gets really, really bad. Have a nice day, everyone.

4 hours ago, [[C...] said:

On the whole, this sounds like good news. Given gidazepam's long half-life value, it probably will take some more days before your new dose is fully reflected in your blood levels of gidazepam. My suggestion to you is that you hold off from making any further reductions to your dose until you feel relatively stabilised at your new dose.

Yes, I understand that 5 days is not enough to draw conclusions and that it can get bad at any moment, but in waves it can be bad anyway, I also often want to sleep, despite the fact that I slept well at night, I wanted to sleep during the day and I slept for another 2 hours. The only other bad thing is that I eat normally, but without any appetite, at all. And the clarity in my head seems very new to me, I’m used to being constantly on benzodiazepines be in the fog. And here I also read a lot of positive things, as well as the fact that not everyone can quit and that some people need to drink it. Well, or you can die on withdrawal. And if everything goes well, I won’t reduce the next one In 30 days. Thank you for your answer, otherwise I wrote and there was no feedback, I thought maybe they were ignoring me, your support is very important to me.

3 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

We made a lot of changes to the support forum about 6 months ago. We now have many more new member registering each day. So, compared with before the changes, a far higher proportion of our current active membership are relatively new here and probably, on average, feel less confident in posting feedback and suggestions. This means that longer-term (more experienced) members are covering more new members - they are now more stretched.

The above is just a general explanation of why some posts are not always answered. I note that some newer members have enthusiastically jumped in with their ideas and suggestions. I wish all members to know that they can engage and post their thoughts and support. After all, BenzoBuddies is, at its heart, a peer-support discussion community, and none of us have all the answers.

I expect that over the next six months, as the newer cohort of members become more established and confident, fewer posts will go unanswered.

thank you very much for the answer

• Like 1

Hello everyone, I actually couldn’t stand it yesterday and took two pills. And today I took my usual dosage, one tablet per day. You were right, reducing the dosage by 50% at once, I couldn’t stand it, I read here that the maximum is reduced by 10% every three weeks or even a month. But now I don’t understand how I can measure 10%, my tablet is very very small, I ate it and managed to divide it into two parts. It can be crushed into powder and measured using scales, I don’t know. Would you recommend this option? Or not? I'm just tired. I have not lost hope of stopping the drug. I would also like to ask, what if you go to narcology? Or, in fact, this will not solve anything since they can only cleanse me, which, on the contrary, will bring me severe suffering and severe withdrawal? Or is there still some kind of drug treatment with the help of doctors? Or not?

Yes, I understand that I am looking for easy ways. Но возможно есть какие то варианты.

Yes, and he eats, I felt very bad today, despite the fact that yesterday I took two tablets, I had to take two today, and only now am I starting to feel like before.Now I think I’ll listen to you, I’ll take my usual dose for a week, one tablet of 0.02 mg, and then I’ll grind it into powder and weigh it on a scale. Today I had a severe attack, you are right, the concentration in the blood apparently decreased and in order to get it back I had to take more than the usual dose.

• Like 1

I don’t understand, I’m feeling anxious and panicky, in waves it looks like gidazepam is having the opposite effect. Or maybe it’s something else, I don’t know.

It might be better to translate the title into English. Perhaps not everyone understands and does not use a translator. I would like to receive feedback and experiences from people who also quit benzodiazepines, Especially when some symptoms previously unknown to me appear.