Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Hi I am addicted to the benzodiazepine gidazepam (Diazepam). I want to quit.

That is, you may have information on the forum about some special diet that can be adhered to in nutrition. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Co...]

• [...]

• [ns...]

The fact is that I don't drink alcohol, but I drink very strong tea, but on the contrary, it makes me feel better, because before I drink tea, my blood pressure feels low. Okay, I'll start trying and write here. Moreover, we seem to have different time zones, I have a day now, and you seem to have either evening or night, I usually feel bad at night. Now there is a place to write. 

@[...] Our time zones are not much different - it is early afternoon here.

If you find that tea does not cause you problems, there is no need to stop drinking it. But if you decide to stop having (strong) tea (to see if this helps) - and given your part of the world, you probably drink a lot of tea - taper off the tea over a couple of weeks. A sudden withdrawal of caffeine can cause powerful headaches.

• Like 1

That is, you need to create another topic? In which section? I don't know? As I understand it, I created a thread in the wrong section of the forum? 

@[...]

I think @[...] was referring to your questions about managing panic. We have a specific forum for such discussion: Insomnia, Depression & Anxiety.

But if you start a new topic about panic on this forum, we can move it for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

@[...]

Я думаю @[...] я имел в виду ваши вопросы о том, как управлять паникой. У нас есть конкретный форум для такой дискуссии: Бессонница, Депрессия и Тревога.

Но если вы начнете новую тему о панике на этом форуме, мы можем 

If it's not difficult, take it to a place where there will be more feedback, since I want to write my withdrawal symptoms and maybe someone will share their experience of how they coped with them

• Like 1

In short, I have insomnia, although I will reduce the dose only tomorrow morning, I will start half a tablet at once since it is very miniature, it is problematic to divide it into two parts, and in general, quarters. 

I started reducing the dosage today, immediately switched to half a tablet a day, so I took a whole one, the symptoms will begin to appear, I think on the 3rd day, after this time the concentration of the drug in the body will decrease 

Then I’ll drink half of it until it becomes easier; as they wrote above, it should become easier in two weeks 14 days. If this happens, I’ll switch to 1/4 tablet and then stop completely 

The main thing is to overcome or somehow not pay attention to fear, although I won’t get ahead of myself, so far everything is relatively normal.

@[...] I absolutely agree with @[...], please, if you can, reconsider this taper speed and let your body and symptoms guide you. I tapered way too fast from a high dose and I still regret it very deeply. I was ( maybe am) very sick.

There are many websites out there where you can get information about recommended taper strategies and taper speed. I hope you have access to them. If not, let us know. 

Also think about the fact that some symptoms may take a longer time to develop (days or more), so be really careful. 

It is not a race Buddy, it takes time, really. 

:mybuddy:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I agree with you. It’s just that gidazepam is our Ukrainian drug, it is a complete analogue of Diazepam, that is, it is a long-acting tranquilizer, so I can understand what kind of drug it is. Another problem is that the tablet is very small and even difficult to divide in half. I read that there is a way to cut the tablet evenly with a nail file. But it seems to me that half will be normal in terms of rationality. And I will begin to fully feel my condition from reducing the tablet by half on the 3rd day since the drug is removed from the body within 78 hours. That is, the concentration of the substance up to half a tablet will be felt on the third day. So far it seems fine. But I'll see what happens later. If it's tolerable, I'll move on. If it's bad I'll add 1/4

@[...]Wow I know that issue, it i very hard. I know, as I was on alprazolam and it got difficult at lover doses, I think that is when I "damaged" myself. There was just no way I could precisely reduce doses. It is such a small tablet. 

Have you though about micro tapering with a small scale or liquid taper? 

This site has a Taper strategies section with many knowledgeable and helpful members. Maybe it is worth trying there, too. 

https://benzobuddies.org/forum/120-benzodiazepine-taper-strategies/

I am glad you are doing okay, but believe me it is worth trying to go slower. You don't loose anything if you try one-two methods with smaller reductions.

You are doing way ahead of me for finding this site and daring to post here (I didn't)! :thumbsup:The information you get here, I am sure, is key to a smoother recovery. :mybuddy:

Edited by [Re...]
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, [[R...] said:

@[...]Wow I know that issue, it i very hard. I know, as I was on alprazolam and it got difficult at lover doses, I think that is when I "damaged" myself. There was just no way I could precisely reduce doses. It is such a small tablet. 

Have you though about micro tapering with a small scale or liquid taper? 

This site has a Taper strategies section with many knowledgeable and helpful members. Maybe it is worth trying there, too. 

https://benzobuddies.org/forum/120-benzodiazepine-taper-strategies/

I am glad you are doing okay, but believe me it is worth trying to go slower. You don't loose anything if you try one-two methods with smaller reductions.

You are doing way ahead of me for finding this site and daring to post here (I didn't)! :thumbsup:The information you get here, I am sure, is key to a smoother recovery. :mybuddy:

I have known this forum for a long time since 2020. It was recommended to me by a friend who managed to quit benzodiazepines. But then I only read the information, and was not yet ready to give up completely Since at that time I only took one tablet every 5 days, but my tolerance grew and now in 2024 I took one tablet a day until today. Starting today I started taking half the dose, reducing the dose.

Another problem is that in our country this drug is freely available, although you need a prescription, it is sold without a prescription in any pharmacy, and they don’t see problems with addiction, even my local narcologist He said that I was making it up and there was no strong withdrawal from him, so I came to you for help. I read a lot about this addiction on the old version of the site, I know approximately a little information.  

But I will write here my symptoms as the withdrawal progresses, and I also count on feedback, if you have the same symptoms as you and how you dealt with them, I will be grateful. So far everything is not critical, but this is just the beginning and I know that everything is ahead and it will only begin on the 3rd day. But at the last attempt at withdrawal in the spring of 2023, I was tolerable on half a tablet, then it became easier and I switched to 1/4, and then I suddenly became ill, and I fell back to the previous dosage. Apparently I was in a hurry to switch to a lower dosage. But how do you know when you can reduce the dosage further?

Panic is a symptom. Its going to come up.

Don’t feel weak or wrong that it comes up.

it can be easy to feel bad when someone says “don’t panic”. That’s ridiculous. 

we have to learn to manage it. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, [[w...] said:

Panic is a symptom. Its going to come up.

Don’t feel weak or wrong that it comes up.

it can be easy to feel bad when someone says “don’t panic”. That’s ridiculous. 

we have to learn to manage it. 

@[wi...], yes, i agree. it's a terrible symptom but i find it somehow reassuring if i know that it's just panic and doesn't really threaten my health. I panic all the same but, at least, i'm not afraid of it. When i wrote - don't panic, i meant this)

• Like 2

Yes, but they wrote above that you need to monitor your blood pressure, which means you still need to be careful to minimize risks. Because there are health risks. How I regret that I started taking this benzodiazepine. But I didn’t see anything wrong with it; my doctor prescribed it to me in 2011. And now I understand what trap I fell into. I don't understand why it won't be banned. This is worse than drugs, people in narcology get off them for a month and that’s it, but with benzodiazepines, I’ve read that it takes months, maybe even years.

• Like 2

Good morning everyone. Today is the second day, I woke up and took half a tablet, there is already a feeling of discomfort, but very remotely, if this is the case, then it is tolerable. I slept normally but woke up often, every time I woke up . This mini report. I will write everything down here every day. Have a nice day, everyone.