Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Hi I am addicted to the benzodiazepine gidazepam (Diazepam). I want to quit.

Hey, everybody. I am addicted to benzodiazepine tranquilizer gidazepam drink it for 12 years. I want to quit very much it disturbs me, I drink in a dosage of 0.02 mg once a day sometimes through the day. We in Ukraine know very little about this addiction and the problem. I am interested in the question whether after 12 years of use it is realistic to quit using it. Or I will have to drink it all my life. I am 37 years old. I met with gidazepam at the age of 25. Help me with advice.

I don't know English at all, I apologize for the Russian. But so as not to twist the content through a crooked translator.

Edited by [...]

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Co...]

• [...]

• [ns...]

Да получается в одной таблетке 0.02 г. Все верно, я пробовал отказаться от данного препарата много раз но у меня начинаются почти все симптомы проявляться самый страшный этот ощущения нереальности я не могу его терпеть, и пью таблетку максимум я могу держаться 7 дней. Ещё я прочитал что очень большие риски умереть при отмене препарата, так же у меня частые перепады давления, и если я не ем хотя ты пару дней сладкое мне становиться очень плохо.

Ps я не понял тут прямо на форуме есть переводчик или имеется ввиду сторонний?

Yes, it turns out to be 0.02 g in one tablet. That’s right, I tried to give up this drug many times, but almost all the symptoms begin to appear, the most terrible thing is this feeling of unreality, I can’t stand it, and I take a pill for a maximum of 7 days. I also read that there is a very high risk of dying when stopping the drug, I also have frequent changes in blood pressure, and if I don’t eat sweets for a couple of days, I become very ill.

Ps I don’t understand, is there a translator here right on the forum or do you mean a third party?

Edited by [...]

Plus manifestations of aggression even when I drink gidazepam, in short, I just do not understand whether it is possible to get rid of this drug taking it for 12 years

I've tried reducing with a ladder but getting to 4 parts of a pill doesn't get as bad as not drinking it at all. 
I've just been drinking it since 2011 originally I was abusing alcohol and relieved withdrawal syndrome with hydazepam, but in 2019 I quit drinking alcohol and that's when I realized I was addicted to hydazepam.

I don’t understand what concentration in liquid means? Gidazepam has a half-life of elimination from the body of approximately 78 hours, that is, the concentration in the body accumulates approximately to 0.08 g, which is constant in the body.
As for the withdrawal of the drug, I begin to experience internal vibrations, a feeling of unreality, as if I am not me. I look in the mirror and don’t recognize myself, but as soon as I take a pill, everything goes away in an hour. I've been feeling dizzy lately.
At such moments I am afraid to die.

No, I use gidazepam tablets, one tablet 0.02g. I take one in the morning once a day, sometimes I miss a day.

Edited by [...]

The fact is that I already tried this, but I’m not sure that I was able to divide it evenly since it is very small, the problem is in the even division. But you can try. That is, remove the tablets gradually, one quarter at a time?

Thank you for your support, I am really glad that I finally decided to cancel Gidazepam, a person told me about this forum back in 2020, but then I still took a pill once every 5 days, and now I have begun to almost tolerate it, and I already drink it every day. Well, lately, in addition to all the symptoms, there have also been pressure drops, but how will I need to go to the doctor to monitor my blood pressure. I will write down what are the most common symptoms I have

• Like 1

I will write a little later what are the most common withdrawal symptoms from hydazepam mind.

• Like 1

This list is broken down into psychological and physical symptoms. Two asterisks (**) indicates that symptoms occur to some degree, at one time or another, in virtually every person who experiences benzodiazepine withdrawal. One asterisk (*) are symptoms that are common and occur in most people. Other symptoms that are quite common and may be withdrawal symptoms, but are likely to occur in a minority of cases. 

PSYCHOLOGICAL SYMPTOMS:
- anxiety** (including panic attacks), depression**, insomnia*, derealization/depersonalization* (feelings of unreality/"going beside yourself"), obsessive negative thoughts*, (especially of a violent, and/or sexual nature) frequent mood changes* (especially including outbursts of anger or rage), phobias* (especially agoraphobia and phobia of fear of insanity), dysphoria* (loss of the ability to enjoy life, the possibility of a combination of depression, anxiety, and derealization/  depersonalization), cognitive impairment*, suicidal thoughts*, nightmares, hallucinations, psychosis, craving for any pills. 

PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS:
- abnormal sensitivity to emotional stimuli* (such as loud noises or bright lights), muscle tension/pain**, joint pain, tinnitus* headaches, swaying/tremors*, blurred vision* (and other eye-related complications), itchy skin* (including "goosebumps", i.e. the sensation of insects crawling on the skin), gastrointestinal discomfort*, sensations similar to "electric shocks"*, * Parestesthesia (numbness and tingling, especially in the extremities),  fatigue*, weakness in the extremities* (particularly the legs), internal feelings of vibration* (especially in the trunk), sweating, fluctuations in body temperature, difficulty swallowing, loss of appetite, flu-like symptoms, muscle twitching, metallic taste in the mouth, nausea, extreme thirst (including dry mouth and increased frequency of urination), sexual dysfunction (or conversely increased libido), heart palpitations, dizziness, shortness of breath

And it's not all far from the symptoms, these are all symptoms, they change one by one.

Especially frightening are the new symptoms that appear, well, some new ones, they frighten me the most, and I begin to worry and panic very much.

I really hope with the help of your forum and knowledge. If you share your experience, stop using this drug, because it interferes with me really from my life. But it's my quality of life that's deteriorating.

I also noticed that we have it now. Well, the situation is not easy in the country, and a lot of people began to use benzodiazepines. That is, when I buy pills for myself in the pharmacy.

Or I think it's going to be a problem because we have it sold over-the-counter, even though it's a prescription one.

In my opinion it's important to eat a well balanced diet, with mostly whole foods as opposed to processed foods, and drinking plenty of water to keep hydrated.  From what I've seen here, many of us seem to do better with keeping sugar and caffeine to a minimum while avoiding alcohol.

I don't drink alcohol at all. But I like strong tea and the caffeine is bad. Also, when I don’t eat sugar or anything sweet, I feel bad, but I noticed that when I eat diet food, that is, if it’s boiled meat, porridge, anything fried and fatty, I feel much better.

Perhaps there is a prescribed diet here that will alleviate my condition?

How do you deal with panic? I mean, do you have any experience, can you share it? And are there any dietary recommendations? I've noticed when I eat little and often feels better. 

But I will only start lowering the dosage tomorrow and will slowly cancel it.