Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tapering off Klonopin, any info is useful!

Idk how to cut my pill to 1/8 lol like idk what 1/8 would be. thsys a bit difficult seeing as my pill is tiny 

Well I’m gonna do the .75 then idk where to go from there all this fractioning is stressing me out lol because this isn’t a a pizza it’s a small little pill ! 

Well I’m gonna do the .75 then idk where to go from there all this fractioning is stressing me out lol because this isn’t a a pizza it’s a small little pill ! 

IMG_6595.png

I think I see what your saying now so after the .75 reduce it by1.8 bit each dose in reducing from right?

Just now, [[A...] said:

I think I see what your saying now so after the .75 reduce it by1.8 bit each dose in reducing from right? 

Edited by [Al...]

Yes, you got it.  I did the 1/8 reduction method.  I had a 0.5 mg pill.  I reduced it by 1/8 each time I tapered. In a few months, I was down to my last 1/8 of a pill.   I suggest you go slower because I went too fast and had bad withdrawal issues.  Again, do not worry if the pill crumbles up.  Just group the crumbles into 8 piles, using your eye.  It will be close enough.

It looks like you're starting to get the concept but I want to reiterate why we started talking about taking .75 mg a day instead of .5.  You mentioned you'd been taking between .5 and 1 mg and thought maybe your body was getting dependent on the 1 mg so we talked about you taking .75 mg a day as a compromise between the two doses.  If you decide its a reasonable dose for you, it would help if you stayed on it for a few days so you can stabilize.  

Do you agree with this plan?

31 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

Hi Bob ,does that mean you cut your .5 pill into 8 pieces?

And take 7 of them each time for 2 weeks or so then next cut take 6 of them and so on ,might be a dumb question ,brains been a little mushy tonight, lol

You got it exactly right.  Hold for at least 2 weeks or until you feel good enough to reduce again.

13 hours ago, [[P...] said:

It looks like you're starting to get the concept but I want to reiterate why we started talking about taking .75 mg a day instead of .5.  You mentioned you'd been taking between .5 and 1 mg and thought maybe your body was getting dependent on the 1 mg so we talked about you taking .75 mg a day as a compromise between the two doses.  If you decide its a reasonable dose for you, it would help if you stayed on it for a few days so you can stabilize.  

Do you agree with this plan?

Yes I think it’s a great idea I took my .75 today and will continue to do so the next  5-7 days and will make sure my doctor has refill on my prescription then we will talk about the next step as I am a person with anxiety I like to jump ahead 

• Like 1

Hi so I had my appointment and I guess my next refill is for march 9th so I have nothing until then. I told my doctor I was doing a taper but the pharmacy is not letting me pick up my medicine until then. I have nothing until then ): 

I have none left. She prescribed me clonidine to help with withdrawal symptoms IHi so I had my appointment and I guess my next refill is for march 9th so I have nothing until then. I told my doctor I was doing a taper but the pharmacy is not letting me pick up my medicine until then. I have nothing until then ): 

1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

How many pills do you have left @[Al...]  I have none left she prescribed me clonidine to help with withdrawal sutpmoms 

You mean your doctor is letting you go cold turkey because you are out of drugs?  This is wrong.

If things get bad, try drinking chamomile tea - a lot of it.  It works like a benzo for me.  But make sure to stop the chamomile when you get your prescription refilled.  You don't want to double dose.

@[Al...], will your doctor write you a new prescription, I don't understand why the pharmacy is denying you the medication.  This is serious, its dangerous to go cold turkey, there is a risk or seizure, especially if you're prone to them.  I implore you to contact your doctor to get this straightened out, if not, you might want to ask your doctor to prescribe phenobarbital which can prevent seizures. 

I think the doctor has to say when the patient can have the drug, but also, there are State Laws here in my State that say I can't fill mine for 30 days.  I would still call the doc like pamster says and just request that they fill it earlier because even on the bottle it should say "do not abruptly stop this script" something like that.

• 2 weeks later...
[Al...]

Yes I ended up getting my medicine. I went two days with out and didn’t really have any withdrawals would I end up having a seizure? I only get 14 a month. I was prescribed clonidine for a substitute to help with anxiety and it did help a little bit. I actually just went into a sms state of panic before this response because I was afraid that if I tried to go cold turkey I would have a seizure. 

[Al...]
Just now, [[A...] said:

@pamster 

My doctor told me because I take a 0.5 mg which is half mg of clonesepam that in her experience that’s not enough for usage for someone to have a seizure. She said my dose isn’t a lot for me to go into that state. Also I don’t need people scaring me on here making me feel like I’m going to die or something I just had a baby 4 months ago 

[Pa...]
8 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Yes I ended up getting my medicine. I went two days with out and didn’t really have any withdrawals would I end up having a seizure? I only get 14 a month. I was prescribed clonidine for a substitute to help with anxiety and it did help a little bit. I actually just went into a sms state of panic before this response because I was afraid that if I tried to go cold turkey I would have a seizure. 

I'm so very sorry I added to your anxiety @[Al...], that was not my intention.  I had hoped my words would impart a sense of urgency to get your doctor talking to the pharmacy to straighten out the issue of them not being willing to fill your prescription.  My understanding was you wouldn't be able to get your medication until March 9 so I'm happy you were able to get it filled before then.

I'm very glad you didn't feel symptoms in those two days, most members begin to feel symptoms around day 3 so I'm grateful you were spared.  

Do you still plan to cut your dose by eighths?  I'm glad to hear the Clonidine is working for you.