Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Crazy amounts of sweating in hands & feet.

Hi guys. I’m in tolerance withdrawal from diazepam. Amongst the 100’s of symptoms, I have been experiencing almost extreme amounts of sweating in my hands and feet every single day and night, more constant than not but sometimes it’ll stop for a few minutes.

I have also been having (tmi, sorry) diarrhea which worries me with my electrolytes. I have been sipping on propel and Powerade zero sugar. I know sea salt and coconut water are also other options I can try. 

Has anyone else experienced these symptoms for longer than a week and found anything to help them? Any tips would be appreciated as I feel so weak from everything. Thanks in advance and hoping everyone is doing ok today. 

I haven’t started tapering yet but I did find a doctor on the benzodiazepine coalition information website in my state and planning on working with her as my brain isn’t functioning properly. I can’t wait to get off of this, worried about long term or permanent damage but trying to be positive. I’m 22 and I’m immune compromised so I get sick easily and am not as healthy as other 22 year olds. I also have hypertension and dysphagia. 

I hope with all of the odds stacked against me I can still recover. This is such a difficult and confusing process.

Hi @[an...], so glad for you that you've found a benzo-wise doctor! That should be a big help as you start your journey. I do have a lot of sweating. I'll have a terrible feeling of anxiety with flu-like symptoms. It only lasts a few moments and then it culminates in a sudden sweat from head to toe. It's lightening a bit (I'm almost 16 months off) but I still sometimes have to dry off afterwards. I do drink a lot of water to compensate.

I haven't found anything to lighten it other than when I start feeling the heat, throw off any slippers, socks, fleece etc. so I can cool off quickly. For me, it seems clear it's a part of my healing process because it's tied to a sudden onset of (as I said!) anxiety and flu-ish feelings, which go away as soon as I break out in a sweat. There are now some days when it doesn't happen at all, so that's clearly progress!

Warmly,

HCHC

• Like 1