Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Taper off suggestions

I have used lorazepam for over 10 years for sleep. 1 mg dose. There seems to be a shortage of product? So I have decided to get off this product.

I have no confidence in my doctor. I have not had any luck trying to get into seeing a psychiatrist, they are all full. Looks like its trial and error for each person.

Has anyone had luck tapering with liquid lorazepam? 10% reduction per per month seems like a starting place? Tablets look they might be tricky to get same dose every night. Is this a huge issue? Need some advice and direction. 

Charlie in Phoenix 

Hello @[Ch...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I don’t know if there is currently a shortage of this product, but tapering off of it would give you peace of mind, its wonderful to break free from these medications and not have to worry about having enough.

We have many members who have tapered off of Lorazepam using the liquid, it can be much more accurate than pill splitting and crushing and weighing tablets and since its from the manufacturer, you don’t have to worry about turning your kitchen into a lab for making your own liquid for titrating purposes.

Is your doctor wiling to write you a script for the liquid?  If you decide to use it, I would suggest crossing over and holding for a week or so on the new formulation.  Members have mentioned needing to adjust to the liquid so its best not to taper at first. 

We’ll be glad to help you figure out how to do this.

Pamster