Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

something to consider

@[ns...]"They need to develop a long lasting antagonist to help people to quickly get off their product...."

Why would I trust the people who poisoned me with another round of pills?  It is like people who can't leave their abusers and keep going back for more. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, [[W...] said:

$26 billion is a mere trifle to these Pharma companies. Their global revenue is measured in the trillions. 

I'm not well now but it doesn't mean I will roll over forever like a helpless victim, it is just that for now I need to utilise all my energy on recovery. When I feel stronger I will be requesting certain information from my GP practice and asking them why they continued to prescribe benzos for years when the guidelines state 2-4 weeks. I really want an answer from them about this.  

And this as a reminder, posted here many times over the years. Ian Singleton from Cepuk UK, sadly no longer with us. Most recover in their second year but some take many more years, so no conspiracy here. 

@[WU...], thank you so much for sharing. This sounds like music to my tired ears! I listen and listen)

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

I agree in the assessment that some wording at times have had me feeling worse than better. I’m 43 and I started trying to get off my 3mg dose of daily Xanax on 11/11/23. When I read I will heal and everyone does, well I don’t feel like that’s accurate. But I do think it’s with  mostly good intentions. I joined this site to read the stories of those who are struggling and suffering still from these benzos. I’m not at the point of wanting to hear a successful story, it gives me a lot of anxiety because then I put myself in a box and start comparing my journey to others. Right now I’m suffering I’m going through major withdrawals and I am tapering so slowly it’s perplexing to me how badly my mind and body can react so harshly from such a mild and slow cut. I have been on these pills for 15 years and yes I think some of us can have permanent damage. My doctor said for those who have been on these for long periods of time most will need a maintenance dose forever because our bodies cannot fully reproduce to correct amount of chemicals as it once did it now relies on the help of the benzos. Of course this is dependent on the individual. I just know that I have received some good suggestions on here but I also can see the other side to it. I wish you the best nick in your journey with this BS struggle and I do hope you eventually heal. 

Edited by [Ra...]
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

@[...] I listen to that short video often as I find his manner very comforting knowing he went through the ordeal himself

• Like 1

@[...] "I apologize for my mistake. i have corrected it. my logic still remains the same. billions is not trillions. and if they are making billions, a settlement in the billions is in no way a trifle to them. "

Billions, trillions, they are not going to stop with a few payments here and there. How would anyone be assessed for damage? Even friends and family don't believe the agony people are going through, they think its all in our heads! Can you imagine being cross-examined and tested in court? That's why I think the way to go is via the prescribers, the GP's. Just the simple question, why have you prescribed these beyond 2 -4 weeks? Even without mentioning our adverse effects they are still culpable and need to answer

Edited by [WU...]

21 hours ago, [[K...] said:

The late great Prof Lader article 

https://benzo.org.uk/lader2.htm 

"We actually knew from some experiments back in the 1960s that you could have dependence - addiction to benzodiazepines but only on high dose. Later it became apparent that some people were having problems trying to stop and that they weren't on high doses; and then the whole question arose: can you actually get dependent - can you actually become addicted - to normal therapeutic doses? And then the alarm bells started to ring, quietly at first and then louder and louder. […] Doctors were not well equipped to deal with this. This was something new in their experience. They don't like dealing with chronic drug use or addiction anyway and here they were being confronted by hundreds in their practices - whom they had put on the tranquillisers - and were now coming for help to come off. And I think they were bewildered by the numbers and severity of some of the reactions. […] The main characteristic of these dependent people was that when they tried to stop they didn't just get their old symptoms back, they didn’t just get their old symptoms back in an exaggerated form, they developed new symptoms which they had not experienced before. […] Some people are put on to these tranquillisers not because they are anxious or have insomnia, they can't sleep, it's because they have muscle spasms - they've been injured in some way - they’ve had a skiing accident, or they've got a bad back. And they're put on and they've had no psychiatric history, they've had no anxiety, no insomnia, and yet they're just as likely to show dependence and withdrawal when they stop as those with a previous psychiatric history." Professor Malcolm H Lader, In Pills We Trust, Discovery Channel, December 4-18, 2002.

How so very sad...as far back as the 1960's! One would think a loud gong would be ringing by now. Instead it's like a faint whisper in the ears of those who should know about the danger these drugs are obviously capable of. Imagine all the lives that would have been lived differently...how tragic.

• Like 4

@[Bl...] sad, tragic & nothing short of a scandal. Additionally, with SSRIs in the news & impact they can have it’s become far more serious. Needs to change. 

@RaeStarr. thank you for kind wishes and for your thoughtful and informative post. i wish you the best going forward. 

• Like 1

Very interesting yet concerning thread. It is hard to imagine that some posters might be on here at the behest of a drug manufacturer.  I do think it may be possible. Good luck to all

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, [[f...] said:

Very interesting yet concerning thread. It is hard to imagine that some posters might be on here at the behest of a drug manufacturer.  I do think it may be possible. Good luck to all

Hello @[fr...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I can understand why some members might suspect such things. But for the reasons I explained earlier in this thread, I think this is highly unlikely. The risks from being found out would vastly outweigh any potential, marginal benefits.

On 20/01/2024 at 13:42, [[C...] said:

There is a simple calculation which might apply to your theory: do the risks of pharmaceutical companies secretly participating at BenzoBuddies and being found out outweigh the potential benefits of spreading disinformation? The answer is clearly yes.

Drug companies wouldn't be here saying everyone heals, even if it takes years.  They wouldn't even use the word heal which implies existing damage. They'd say there is a short withdrawal period and no problems thereafter.

• Like 3

[65...]

Yesterday I was emotionally hurt. It seems I’m particularly vulnerable to external negative energies lately. 

As victims of these medications we need to do our best to support and comfort each other, which is a tall order considering at times many of us have such difficulty finding the strength to even comfort and support ourselves, let alone reaching out and putting a hand on another’s shoulder. 

It can be a long road and a vicious task tapering from these medications, and we go through stages of growth, even if we’re not cognitively sharp or aware enough to see the battles within the battle.

Many of us are angry about the lack of knowledge or awareness (in the medical community) of the potentially devastating effects and consequences of overprescribing/overuse of these medications, medications that do have their place if used correctly (very short term) in medical procedures, some emergencies and as stopgaps. 

The hardest lesson I’ve ever had to learn through this process, and I know it’s the same for many, is that negative energy/emotions and conflict are the enemy of healing, or at the very least make the road to recovery only harder. 

I am sensitive, I feel things deeply, and for most of my life, that meant I could be easily hurt. I had to find my way through that vulnerability over many years, which meant embracing my sensitivity, learning to appreciate it, learning to love and appreciate myself to the point where I became non-reactive to the negative influences/energies surrounding me at any given time. 

Before benzodiazepines came on the scene to suppress (gut related) mast cell activation syndrome, I felt almost impenetrable to external negative influences. Everything washed over like water off a ducks back. I accepted everything as it happened… allowed it to play out almost completely unaffected because I realised deep within that resistance to ‘what is’ is futile and only serves in creating more resistance… increasing the negative charge. 

However, benzodiazepine withdrawal/injury is a BEAST. Along side of its potential to hit all parts of the body and create an endless list of symptoms, many of them intensely debilitating, both mentally and physically, it sends our central nervous system into a state of chaos because of our down regulated Gabba receptors. leaving our nervous systems over excited by glutamate neurotransmitters without the Gabba (calming) neurotransmitters to balance our systems out. 

Because of this, many of us here are extremely vulnerable to any kind of conflict or negative energy on the forum boards. Although we do completely understand the frustration and anger associated with being unknowingly thrust into this god awful situation by a lack of knowledge and awareness by medical professionals as to the potential dangers of these medications, we eventually come to an understanding that we must keep our nervous systems as calm as possible through this process of withdrawal and recovery by avoiding negative thoughts and emotions such as resentment, anger and frustration, as they only fuel the beast and intensify the symptom waves. 

To take this a step further… it isn’t only ‘negative’ energy/emotions that trigger further destabilisation or intensify symptoms. It can also be what would normally be considered positive energy… becoming ‘overexcited’ by a positive experience can also destabilise and intensify symptoms. 

So, we’re stuck in a reality where it’s not really about good or bad/negative or positive emotional energy or experiences (although negative emotion does tend to be more emotionally destabilising), it’s about trying to avoid allowing the CNS from becoming ‘overexcited’ in order to keep symptoms to a minimum. 

I’m going through a rough reduction withdrawal period right now, and the confrontational energy in this thread put me into a spin and took me on a very unpleasant ride. In fact, it was so unpleasant that I asked admin to delete my account because I can’t keep putting myself in a position whereby I leave myself openly exposed to a potential flood of negative energy, even if I’m completely understanding of what another member may be battling in terms of resentment, anger and frustration. I’ve been there… I’ve lived it (the resentment, anger and frustration),and holding onto those emotions or living them out on the forum (although completely understandable, considering how devastating this process can be) really only destabilises our CNS further and leads to more inner conflict spilling out onto the forum and affecting other members who need to keep their nervous systems as calm as possible in a world where totally avoiding negative emotional energy is impossible. 

I don’t know where I stand right now… I want to help others whenever and wherever I can, depending on my energy levels, which aren’t nearly at their optimum at the moment. But, I also have to protect my nervous system, and the fact that I’ve now asked admin twice lately to delete my account makes me question, if by staying, I’m only setting myself up for an eventual third account deletion request and only prolonging the inevitable… ? 

Unfortunately I have been quite unwell… not at all active lately, but I do like to help others here, in the same way the staff and other members have helped me. I would prefer to stay and continue doing just that, so I guess I have a decision to make… 

To @[...]

Although I completely understand the difficult emotional energy you are trying to deal with right now, I was actually hurt by your words… I’m normally very measured and rise above, but, when we’re in the grip of this beast, our nervous systems provide little to no defence whatsoever, which leaves us extremely exposed to being overly reactive as the negative energy floods our systems… words carry either positive or negative energy, as I’m sure you are aware. .

I can see how you would think I was being “disingenuous” in my last post, but that was simply because of the comment that followed after “ I’m sorry you feel so infuriated. “ 

The ‘sorry’ was actually genuine, but what came after carried the energy of reactivity.

I would never wish for anyone to feel those negative emotional energies… it’s just too painful and destabilising. 

This world only works at its best when we are kind, and care for each other, and for those of us on this forum going through what is probably the most painful and distressing experience of our lives, it is even more important that we band together and try our best to be compassionate, support each other, and protect each others nervous systems, as best we can.

I totally understand the desire to seek justice for the injuries we are now dealing with, but what I have realised, and I believe a large percentage of other members have realised, is that we really need to prioritise our healing process, which also means not getting too caught up in those feelings of anger associated with pharmaceutical companies and a medical system that created this scourge. We realise we need to keep our nervous systems as calm as possible in an attempt to smooth both our taper and recovery process. 

We are the walking wounded… and as such, often ill equipped to go into battle.  

I cannot claim that non-reactivity or avoiding becoming mired in some the avoidable externally triggered negative emotions will help us heal faster, it may or may not, but it makes perfect sense that it can minimise the onset of waves or the intensification of symptoms associated with avoidable external triggers. 

I guess what I’m hoping for is that we all just try to avoid conflict and be as gentle, compassionate and supportive of each other as possible…, which will actually protect each other’s nervous systems while allowing ourselves time to heal. 

Edited by Guest

14 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Yesterday I was emotionally hurt. It seems I’m particularly vulnerable to external negative energies lately. 

As victims of these medications we need to do our best to support and comfort each other, which is a tall order considering at times many of us have such difficulty finding the strength to even comfort and support ourselves, let alone reaching out and putting a hand on another’s shoulder. 

It can be a long road and a vicious task tapering from these medications, and we go through stages of growth, even if we’re not cognitively sharp or aware enough to see the battles within the battle.

Many of us are angry about the lack of knowledge or awareness (in the medical community) of the potentially devastating effects and consequences of overprescribing/overuse of these medications, medications that do have their place if used correctly (very short term) in medical procedures, some emergencies and as stopgaps. 

The hardest lesson I’ve ever had to learn through this process, and I know it’s the same for many, is that negative energy/emotions and conflict are the enemy of healing, or at the very least make the road to recovery only harder. 

I am sensitive, I feel things deeply, and for most of my life, that meant I could be easily hurt. I had to find my way through that vulnerability over many years, which meant embracing my sensitivity, learning to appreciate it, learning to love and appreciate myself to the point where I became non-reactive to the negative influences/energies surrounding me at any given time. 

Before benzodiazepines came on the scene to suppress (gut related) mast cell activation syndrome, I felt almost impenetrable to external negative influences. Everything washed over like water off a ducks back. I accepted everything as it happened… allowed it to play out almost completely unaffected because I realised deep within that resistance to ‘what is’ is futile and only serves in creating more resistance… increasing the negative charge. 

However, benzodiazepine withdrawal/injury is a BEAST. Along side of its potential to hit all parts of the body and create an endless list of symptoms, many of them intensely debilitating, both mentally and physically, it sends our central nervous system into a state of chaos because of our down regulated Gabba receptors. leaving our nervous systems over excited by glutamate neurotransmitters without the Gabba (calming) neurotransmitters to balance our systems out. 

Because of this, many of us here are extremely vulnerable to any kind of conflict or negative energy on the forum boards. Although we do completely understand the frustration and anger associated with being unknowingly thrust into this god awful situation by a lack of knowledge and awareness by medical professionals as to the potential dangers of these medications, we eventually come to an understanding that we must keep our nervous systems as calm as possible through this process of withdrawal and recovery by avoiding negative thoughts and emotions such as resentment, anger and frustration, as they only fuel the beast and intensify the symptom waves. 

To take this a step further… it isn’t only ‘negative’ energy/emotions that trigger further destabilisation or intensify symptoms. It can also be what would normally be considered positive energy… becoming ‘overexcited’ by a positive experience can also destabilise and intensify symptoms. 

So, we’re stuck in a reality where it’s not really about good or bad/negative or positive emotional energy or experiences (although negative emotion does tend to be more emotionally destabilising), it’s about trying to avoid allowing the CNS from becoming ‘overexcited’ in order to keep symptoms to a minimum. 

I’m going through a rough reduction withdrawal period right now, and the confrontational energy in this thread put me into a spin and took me on a very unpleasant ride. In fact, it was so unpleasant that I asked admin to delete my account because I can’t keep putting myself in a position whereby I leave myself openly exposed to a potential flood of negative energy, even if I’m completely understanding of what another member may be battling in terms of resentment, anger and frustration. I’ve been there… I’ve lived it (the resentment, anger and frustration),and holding onto those emotions or living them out on the forum (although completely understandable, considering how devastating this process can be) really only destabilises our CNS further and leads to more inner conflict spilling out onto the forum and affecting other members who need to keep their nervous systems as calm as possible in a world where totally avoiding negative emotional energy is impossible. 

I don’t know where I stand right now… I want to help others whenever and wherever I can, depending on my energy levels, which aren’t nearly at their optimum at the moment. But, I also have to protect my nervous system, and the fact that I’ve now asked admin twice lately to delete my account makes me question, if by staying, I’m only setting myself up for an eventual third account deletion request and only prolonging the inevitable… ? 

Unfortunately I have been quite unwell… not at all active lately, but I do like to help others here, in the same way the staff and other members have helped me. I would prefer to stay and continue doing just that, so I guess I have a decision to make… 

To @nick

Although I completely understand the difficult emotional energy you are trying to deal with right now, I was actually hurt by your words… I’m normally very measured and rise above, but, when we’re in the grip of this beast, our nervous systems provide little to no defence whatsoever, which leaves us extremely exposed to being overly reactive as the negative energy floods our systems… words carry either positive or negative energy, as I’m sure you are aware. .

I can see how you would think I was being “disingenuous” in my last post, but that was simply because of the comment that followed after “ I’m sorry you feel so infuriated. “ 

The ‘sorry’ was actually genuine, but what came after carried the energy of reactivity.

I would never wish for anyone to feel those negative emotional energies… it’s just too painful and destabilising. 

This world only works at its best when we are kind, and care for each other, and for those of us on this forum going through what is probably the most painful and distressing experience of our lives, it is even more important that we band together and try our best to be compassionate, support each other, and protect each others nervous systems, as best we can.

I totally understand the desire to seek justice for the injuries we are now dealing with, but what I have realised, and I believe a large percentage of other members have realised, is that we really need to prioritise our healing process, which also means not getting too caught up in those feelings of anger associated with pharmaceutical companies and a medical system that created this scourge. We realise we need to keep our nervous systems as calm as possible in an attempt to smooth both our taper and recovery process. 

I cannot claim that non-reactivity or avoiding becoming mired in some the avoidable externally triggered negative emotions will help us heal faster, it may or may not, but it makes perfect sense that it can minimise the onset of waves or the intensification of symptoms associated with avoidable external triggers. 

I guess what I’m hoping for is that we all just try to avoid conflict and be as gentle, compassionate and supportive of each other as possible…, which will actually protect each other’s nervous systems while allowing ourselves time to heal. 

Thank u winters sun. How beautifully put! I felt this last night after allowing myself to become so angry over the pharma companies and lost myself, lost my head for a few! I'm not an angry person nor  a negative one. I love helping people when I can. To reassure them. Try to give them hope. I am suffering terribly, have been for awhile now  as are many, but if I can help give someone hope, calm them in some small way I will continue to do that even in my suffering. We need more people like u here, please don't go. You are so valuable and kind that your compassion comes thru your writing. 

I am also a very sensitive person, and I feel what others feel, and that's not easy given situation I found myself in with withdrawl, but it's not easy for anyone. I too have called these drugs a beast!, they are evil, so I won't let them beat me! I will.press on to win this race no matter what it steals from me,I will be better for this, stronger and one day know the ultimate positive affect its had on me. 

Please don't leave ,we need u, we need your heart and compassion when u are able to share it.

Thank u for pouring your heart out so that we, who got lost for a bit, can clearly see how the negative words and topics we choose can touch someone deeply whether for good or bad. We should all remember that.

It's time to remember why we are all here, at least for me, I'm here to support and be supportive to a community that is suffering as I am, to learn how to get thru each day in my suffering. I knew nothing about benzo withdrawal until it hit me, I never planned on being part of a group like this, but for what it's worth, I will do my best to make this as positive experience as possible, and to have a friend to cry out to in my hour of need and support!

Again thank you so much for this post! It was necessary!

Ns

• Like 3
  • Love 1

[65...]
On 19/01/2024 at 22:11, [[H...] said:

Hi @[...],

What you're suggesting is highly unlikely. I know you think it's a distinct and likely possibility. I have a feeling you might suspect me or anyone who answers your post of being a shill for a pharmaceutical company. 

I'm not.

Here's the thing. There is no benzo crisis for the drug companies to diffuse. Apparently it's extremely hard to prove our damage is from stopping a benzo. Doctors never believe what we're experiencing is from a benzo. All of my tests came back and proved that I must be crazy, because vitals, bloodwork and other tests show nothing. No issues at all. I'm really healthy. :2funny:

Look, I don't care if you want to believe in some grand conspiracy or not. But I am concerned that you're shooting yourself in the foot. You need support or you wouldn't be here. You're worried that you'll never heal.

From what I can glean, most people do heal. There are plenty of people on this website who can show you that not everyone heals. There are more that can show you most do. When all this mess started for me, I was assigned a psychiatrist to prescribe antidepressants (none of which worked, I'm sorry to say.) She told me about an 80-year-old patient of hers—a former attorney—who she got off clonazepam in a year. She said that very proudly. Several months later she added that she'd recently spoken with him and he said it took three years from him to feel like himself again.  I felt horrible for him. But he did get back to himself, after 30 years of a LOT of clonazepam; 6 mg in the end.

Anyway, I don't think a pharmaceutical company hired her to say that. It's not exactly encouraging. Still, if an 80 year old can get better, so can you. So can I.

A non-pharmaceutical well-wisher,

HCHC 

HC, thank you from the bottom of my heart, your post was so encouraging. 
oh my, thank you. ♥️

There’s a lot of feelings here and I think when we say everyone heals it’s sad for those for maybe don’t, or who maybe very slowly gradually improve. Placing healing on everyone is large task and something I don’t think can be promised to all, after all we’re dealing with man made neuro toxins.

I know for myself the symptoms I experience in WD are like nothing I’ve ever felt in my entire 38 year existence, it’s inorganic and inhumane. It’s also really scary, but I have to hold onto some hope that my body knows what to do and follow in the steps of those who have come before me. I generally think a lot of sensitive and empathetic people take molecules, hence why we are so vulnerable to the effects of them.

@[...] I genuinely hope you start to feel better. It takes moment to undo 20 years of benzos so please try to be gentle with yourself and remember your body is doing the best that it can. I don’t understand how we are going through this in 2024 when big pharma knew about this when grandfather was CT’d from Valium in 1967 and tried to unalive himself. My mom said she spent weeks just deep breathing with him after he stopped the pills.

• Like 5

@[Bu...] thank you for your post. your post is filled with honesty, respect, understanding, and great insight. my dose of valium was small, but you are right that 20 years is a long time. and rome wasn't built in a day. i'm sure my body is doing the best it can but my use of valium has put my body and soul in a very difficult place. i hope things improve, but i am facing the possibility that this may be the way things are for me if the damage is permanent. i was very sorry to hear of your grandfather's struggle with valium. i hope your struggle will improve and that one day it will be behind you...

thanks again

• Like 2

11 hours ago, [[W...] said:

To @[...]

@[Wi...], thank you so very much for this post! So wise, kind and sincere. It does meet lots of my own concerns through the withdrawal and will help me to stick to my true self on my local forum, where i'm just a participant. 

I, personally, would very much like you to find strength to stay with BB but do understand your point of prioritizing. 

Good luck to you and once again THANK you!

• Like 3

I though I was too sensitive to react to this thread the way I did, and didn't comment more. I was really ashamed to have commented even once with one short reply, but I have forgotten what the original thread was about (I just thanked the video)...

I was really sad to see this thread and didn't like not only the tone of the original poster (sorry but that is the truth), but the whole idea, I find it just ridiculous. 

The whole attention it got and replies is just human nature (so was mine) and it is okay. This is an online support community, with extreme benefits I just can't emphasize enough. On the other hand, being an online support group gives a clear explanation why such things happen. We are lucky it does not happen more often. 

I would be more than happy if members didn't quit, I would miss you all so much. This is more than a lifeline for me now. 

Edited by [Re...]
  • Like 4

I really like this forum. There are also times it can also become overwhelming hearing the issues you are dealing with over and over from others. We need to support each other but I find there are times I just have to walk away and fight this monster on my own terms alone. This is one more evil thing on planet earth one of thousands. When you go to the gym and lift weights your body is forced to get stronger. You build gradually and don't overdo it or you will injure yourself. This is how I view withdrawal. I do feel this is a not the same but similar in some ways. We need to fight these feelings alone head on because the people around us can't take talking about it any more and are also fatigued (my wife especially). The evil then spreads to others drags them down plus it doesn't fix our problem. Don't give into this devil. When you feel like you can't go on talk to some people on the forum, pick yourself up and start the battle all over again. For what is worth that's my game plan.

• Like 4

@[Pi...] I couldn’t agree with you more you said that and nailed it about others not understanding basically, and bringing the evil into relationships. It’s very hard to talk to my husband or other relatives close to me that know my history of anxiety and PTSD however, I tend to get frustrated because I find myself constantly repeating myself because I’m getting asked the same questions and I feel like I’m not being heard, when I calm down I know that they’re hearing me I just know that they have never experienced it, so how can I expect anybody to understand that has never went through it It definitely is something that you need to conquer within and alone, like you said at times reach out to people who are and have experienced what you are going through when extra support is needed. 

• Like 3

If you believe in God try to connect with Him. Or practice meditation. Whatever you personally believe this is pure evil. Like I said the more you try to communicate your feelings and frustrations to others that don't understand it it will spread like a cancer and make things a thousand times worse. That's how evil works. Forget the shrinks they don't believe in this because they're "educated" which means someone higher up the food chain probably unknowingly because of what they were taught lied to them again for profit and gave them a degree "remember this is a for profit business". There are many educated people but not a lot with wisdom. 

• Like 2

@[Pi...]yes I agree with you on that as well. I am a big believer in God and we have talk daily not a huge fan of the mental healthcare system in the United States. I think if anything it has made my condition personally worse I did the for six years seen multiple psychiatrist for about two years and I will tell you it is all pure evil. The best advice has come from individuals who have personally been through this and are currently going through this in fact, if anything, seeing a psychiatrist made me 10 times worse they love to prescribe medication’s and make you feel like a guinea pig

• Like 1

Have to run but will be around later tonight. Real quick my cousin got his masters in physiology and wanted to be a shrink. After graduating he never went into the profession. Not because he viewed it as a fraud but he didn't feel that most people could be helped by talking to them. He viewed the issues as genetic and how someone's brain is wired, what you inherit and that medications mask the symptoms and ultimately make the situation worse. I actually agree (should have listened to him). One thing he did tell me that made me laugh years ago is that most people with anxiety issues etc actually have high IQ's. Low IQ's just don't analyze or have a lot of deep thinking. The cycle can't start. See there's a bright side to everything. :rolleyes: 

• Like 1
  • Love 1