Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I have 18 months free, still suffering, I need help my friends.

Hello warriors, I hope you can give me a message of hope. I took 6 mg of Clonazepam for 3 years and 1 mg for a year, I was on 1 mg when my psychiatrist told me I could stop in a week. Since I stopped taking it I have extreme anxiety, paranoia (I always think that there is someone constantly watching me, I have many suspicious thoughts, unwanted thoughts that my brain gets tangled up in those thoughts 24/7), I can't breathe well (I have a feeling of lack of air, that I can't even feel the fresh air, the smell of flowers or food, an anger that turns into rage (I suppose it is therefore mental and physical suffering. I can't walk without losing my balance, I have strong palpitations since I wake up, I can't focus my eyes on anything, I see everything distorted, dp/dr, restlessness and irritability, involuntary movements with my hands and feet. I have 18 months of rest, ¿Is all this normal that happens to me that takes so long to disappear? I'm tired of enduring so much mental and physical torture.

wish we could help my friend im 2 years free in feb and my eyes have a hard time focusing still, and my head always hurts

During the first year it was pretty horrible, then things started to improve, but very slowly, I still have a long way to go, I see a very small light.

[05...]
5 hours ago, [[L...] said:

During the first year it was pretty horrible, then things started to improve, but very slowly, I still have a long way to go, I see a very small light.

Hi @[Lo...]

Improvement/recovery is often a very gradual process. In fact, many members (once recovered) express wishing they’d journaled and logged symptoms and rated each of those symptoms out of 10 daily because they could not see the improvements as they occurred. 

If you are suffering a considerable list of symptoms, you most likely won’t notice when one or two have either ‘improved’ or ‘disappeared altogether’  because your focus is mostly concentrated on the worst of the any remaining symptoms. If you do notice a decrease in the intensity of a certain symptom, or one disappearing… again, your focus will soon shift to the various other distressing symptoms, so you soon forget any relief you may have experienced in relation to the previous symptom decreasing or resolving. 

If you track or chart your recovery phases, it will help you avoid questioning if there really has been any improvement, and hopefully your rating system over time will comfort you as you move forward, rather than feeding that horrid thought “WHAT IF IM NOT HEALING ANYMORE” which then feeds fearful energy/emotion back into your CNS and potentially intensifies a wave of symptoms. 

You definitely are healing @[Lo...]

I hope this helps! 

Edited by Guest