Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Ashwagandha ok? I've been in withdrawal a year

I cold turkeyed a year ago and need to know of anyone with experiences with ashwagandha?. I need something to stop the depression. 

• Like 1

Hello @[Bi...], I tried ashwaganda and did not feel so good after it. I don't know if it is because it reacts on the same receptors like benzos, or because my revved up system is reacting to everything. 

I just realized, that for me nothing really works from the supplements; when I am lucky they don't have any negative effect. Most of them exacerbate my symptoms.

Even if I tried one supplement, I was really careful, took a small dose, read the forum before. If you can speak to your doctor, that makes it even better I think.  

Edited by [Re...]
  • Like 2

To help with emotional symptoms / OCD / rumination I often solve a sudoku and I listen to a podcast or I listen to a movie. I think these work wonders :)

• Like 2

I had zero effect on max doses.

AND it could set you back as it's just a natural form of benzo.

So it sucks in two ways

• Like 1

Has lots of sugar in it and on it. If u could find some without sugar maybe it'll be ok. It didn't do much for me but I have sensitivity issues. 

Hope it works for u

Ns

• Like 1

@[Bi...]ashwaganda did nothing but rev me up and caused anxiety. 

you just have to try things. 
risk is always involved.

• Like 1

It doesn’t hit same receptors as benzos. You won’t know unless you try…so give it a try! Maybe it will be beneficial!!

• Like 1

And please remember nobody can tell you how something is going to affect you.

i know we all want to think there is a formula that works the same for everyone, but I’ve been around the block and tried lots of things that have helped others out of desperation to heal faster, only to be upset and angry that it had a negative impact on me, or it did absolutely nothing.

now it’s know there are only 3 possible outcomes when trying a supplement, herb, diet, alternative practices, therapies, etc. 

1. it will help symptoms 

2. it will worsen symptoms 

3. There won’t be any changes in symptoms, neither positive or negative effect.

Edited by [wi...]
  • Like 2