Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I feel so alone

I feel so alone😓 this setback are driving me crazy. I could really need a friend who are going through a similar journey and who would like to talk some times.
I'm 7 years out and thrown into a setback in December. 
I've lost 10 kg due to no appetite, fatigue, dizziness, nausea, fatigue, heart palpitations, buzzing head, inner tremblings, chills and svetting, burning skin, ear preassure and so on. It's like I'm going in and out of waves. 
Mornings are awfull, evenings sometimes better. 
I'm so scared and so alone, no one understands this. 
I live in Norway.

Sorry to hear this

I'm from sweden and love Norway 

I saw a great movie yesterday about Narvik and ww2. I will watch Max Manus tonight :)

Hope you are as well you can.

Hello I just replied on another post from feathercap that I’m going through exactly the same situation. Took Benziz for 12 years, and did a super rapid taper. No benzoz for 7 years. A set back that started about two months ago after I hurt my back and took a cocktail of meds: Ibuprofen, Flexeril, Menthol, Diclofenac which send me into a deep withdrawal much worse than 7 years ago. I have the same symptoms you mentioned plus intense burning nerve pain in my back and other parts of my body. I have lost  10 lbs I can’t hardly eat anything. I can’t sleep and have horrible anxiety and depression. You are not alone I’m sorry you’re also going through this torture. I’m sending you support from the USA

24 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Sorry to hear this

I'm from sweden and love Norway 

I saw a great movie yesterday about Narvik and ww2. I will watch Max Manus tonight :)

Hope you are as well you can.

Hi Peppe thanks for your reply, I'm actually danish but live in Norway. 

I love Sweden❤️

I used to live in Lund many 100 years ago och prautor gaunske brå skaunska ☺️

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Hello I just replied on another post from feathercap that I’m going through exactly the same situation. Took Benziz for 12 years, and did a super rapid taper. No benzoz for 7 years. A set back that started about two months ago after I hurt my back and took a cocktail of meds: Ibuprofen, Flexeril, Menthol, Diclofenac which send me into a deep withdrawal much worse than 7 years ago. I have the same symptoms you mentioned plus intense burning nerve pain in my back and other parts of my body. I have lost  10 lbs I can’t hardly eat anything. I can’t sleep and have horrible anxiety and depression. You are not alone I’m sorry you’re also going through this torture. I’m sending you support from the USA

Thanks for your reply, one of  eyedrops I was given for the cataract surgery had Diclofenac, I got 3 different, two was NSAIDs and one was steroid. And ibuprofen are a NSAIDs too. I also suspect they used somekinda benzo for sedation of the eyes. 

So you've been in the setback for 2 months now? 

It's so horrible and I feel so alone and frightened, I really thought like 7 years out and living life was safe for me. At times I feel so sorry for myself, but the loneliness are the worst, no one understands this. 😓

I completely understand your loneliness. I’m 62 years old, I have a boyfriend who lives with me but is getting inpatient because he doesn’t understand. Im tired to constantly explain to him what I’m going through. I spend my days in bed, can’t shower, lights, sounds and smells frighten me. I walk off balanced.  Being 7 years out I lower my guard because I felt 85% healed. I was able to travel and live a normal life. This set back is a cruel reminder that we have to always be vigilant about what we put in our bodies.  Nothing really is helping me. I’m eating a low histamine diet but I eat the same things every day and still losing weight because I can’t eat a lot

6 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

I completely understand your loneliness. I’m 62 years old, I have a boyfriend who lives with me but is getting inpatient because he doesn’t understand. Im tired to constantly explain to him what I’m going through. I spend my days in bed, can’t shower, lights, sounds and smells frighten me. I walk off balanced.  Being 7 years out I lower my guard because I felt 85% healed. I was able to travel and live a normal life. This set back is a cruel reminder that we have to always be vigilant about what we put in our bodies.  Nothing really is helping me. I’m eating a low histamine diet but I eat the same things every day and still losing weight because I can’t eat a lot

I eat smoothies all over. And I'm almost like you bedbound, but I have no bf or family. I live alone and most people don't understand this, all they say are: go to the doctor. 

It all started 3 days after first surgery with rare feeling in my gut, and then severe constipation and at first I just thought I had a allergic reaction to those medications, but then more and more symptoms appeared and I realised when I got the heart palpitations and looping thoughts and burning skin and so on that I most likely was in a setback. 

I'm severely concerned about the weight loss, i have eaten mainly vegan diet since, all in smoothies. At evening I eat a vegetable smoothie with cooked celery root and carrots and some cauliflower. The last 3 days I cooked a wild throuth and added pieces of that in it, and I do feel my stomach has been a little better, I've had some nearly normal toilet visits. 

Today right know I made same smoothie with cooked chicken, I'm not sure how my stomach will react year, but it's making a lot of sounds. 

I had a severe flank pain on my left side on and of ever since this started too, it really makes my nerves go to the roof and I think I gave all kinds of serious decided. 

I'm so sorry you're suffering too. ❤️

I’m also mostly vegetarian. I can eat oatmeal carrots apples white rice broccoli sweet potatoes blueberries all in small amounts. I will try boiled chicken today. My weight also concerns me because I have always been skinny so I can’t loose so much. Please know that you’re not alone. We have a higher power or spirit or God that is always with us. Call on him/ her when you feel alone. I will pray for your healing. I believe we don’t have a serious device other than the set back. My heart palpitations and my tremors are constant. Please keep eating any nutrition is good. I even force myself to eat when I’m nauseous 

46 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Hi Alanis, I'm so so sorry for what your dealing with! I too an starving! I eat and eat but still losing weight.  I believe I have histamine intolerance but have no tests done. The last of foods is growing that I cant tolerate..

I this started after a hysterectomy and then gallbladder surgery 10 yrs later. Both procedures required titanium clips. Going to be tested for titanium and other metals for metals sensitivity and allergy hopefully next month. I often wonder if I'll make it that long as my weight is becoming a problem.  Considering going to er for nutrition and fat! My husband cooks meals for.me of what I can eat, Meatloaf with very little ketchup and tomato sauce, oatmeal, garlic, eggs, milk, Ritz crackers, salt. And of course hamburger. With broccoli, wheat bread, fat milk baked potato and some butter. 

Baked chicken breast, broccoli or green beans, fat milk, potatoe,, butter, wheat bread.

Breakfast, eggs in olive oil, wheat bread, fat milk,  avacado but only 2x per week as they are high in histamine. 

Lunch, almond butter on wheat bread woth with milk or cashew butter.

This is pretty much my diet! My metabolism is so high i.lose ad soon as I eat it seems. The nerves in My belly are on hot! Along as I'm out of bed those nerves are flopping around so this keeps me from being relaxed. If I walk or stand it is worse.

My whole body seems to be a ball of nerves,  jerking, spasms, tightness all the typical withdrawal symptoms as well.

Can u tell me what you have found to eat? 

Maybe we can come up with some ideas!

Talk to u soon

Ns

5 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

I’m also mostly vegetarian. I can eat oatmeal carrots apples white rice broccoli sweet potatoes blueberries all in small amounts. I will try boiled chicken today. My weight also concerns me because I have always been skinny so I can’t loose so much. Please know that you’re not alone. We have a higher power or spirit or God that is always with us. Call on him/ her when you feel alone. I will pray for your healing. I believe we don’t have a serious device other than the set back. My heart palpitations and my tremors are constant. Please keep eating any nutrition is good. I even force myself to eat when I’m nauseous 

Alanis, thank u so much! 

We sound alot like the same. I can't eat many vegs, my partial teeth broke, can't go to dentist due to symptoms as I can't be still.

But it's ok. Im.not much of a veggies eater. But do miss my salads with cherries, peaches, pairs etc, nacho salads with cheese and sour cream! I'm so hungry lol, geez I've always been little,  but this isn't good. 

I am a spiritual woman and yes I lean on God and trust in his faithfulness. 

Thank u for your prayers Alanis, it's good to talk to people of the faith!

I too am from the US!

Keep your calories up! 

I will pray for u also! 

Bless u

Talk to u soon,vstay I'm touch ok

Ns

3 hours ago, [[E...] said:

no appetite, fatigue, dizziness, nausea, fatigue, heart palpitations, buzzing head, inner tremblings, chills and svetting, burning skin, ear preassure and so on. It's like I'm going in and out of waves. 

I and the people here understand this :)   And not being able to eat, combined with other stomach problems...I am deficient in almost everything.  I have an appointment with a nutritionist regarding this as it is almost certain I am malnourished.  That for sure, ramps up the withdrawals symptoms.  Many of our symptoms and insufficient vitamins/nutrients are correlated and is well documented.  People who are deficient in essential vitamins and nutrients, without Benzodiazepines use, have eerily similar symptoms.  This is something I decided I have to take seriously if my brain is going to truly recover.   You are not alone and I understand the fear.  Always welcome to chat :)  Good Luck and am praying for us all :) 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, [[a...] said:

Hi @[El...]

Hi @[al...]

I know you are new here, so this is just a gentle reminder about our policy:

"You are not permitted to post your contact details to the BenzoBuddies forum; nor should you ask for the contact information of other members".

Guidelines

36 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

I and the people here understand this :)   And not being able to eat, combined with other stomach problems...I am deficient in almost everything.  I have an appointment with a nutritionist regarding this as it is almost certain I am malnourished.  That for sure, ramps up the withdrawals symptoms.  Many of our symptoms and insufficient vitamins/nutrients are correlated and is well documented.  People who are deficient in essential vitamins and nutrients, without Benzodiazepines use, have eerily similar symptoms.  This is something I decided I have to take seriously if my brain is going to truly recover.   You are not alone and I understand the fear.  Always welcome to chat :)  Good Luck and am praying for us all :) 

Hi Darlene, I know I do get the vitamins and most nutrients it's the fat I need. Buy of course if I'm burning fat that fast the nutrients must be going to. After further research I found that my diet is full of b vit, c, d, a but possibly too much b12. This could explain why I gave so much energy idk. But going to start making myself eat things that are fating weather it is histamine or not. I must be able to get by with something else, so going to try. 

Talk to u soon Darlene 

Take care

Ns

1 minute ago, [[n...] said:

After further research I found that my diet is full of b vit, c, d,

That's awesome!  I am waiting for results back on Vitamins and Mineral....I unfortunately do not eat much at all and that is a major problem.  But sometimes when I eat I feel so much worse.  

Hi Alanis, your welcome. 

I have a question for you. Does your mouth, lips tongue get numb with foods that are histamine? Even my lorazapam does this to me. Have u seem gastroenterology for this?

Do u take antihistamines for it, they are supposed to help. I can't take antihistamines due to hyponatremia,  a sodium defiencency that I don't even know why I have it! 

But I am curious if any if this applies to u.

Thanks Alanis 

19 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

That's awesome!  I am waiting for results back on Vitamins and Mineral....I unfortunately do not eat much at all and that is a major problem.  But sometimes when I eat I feel so much worse.  

Oh I know what u mean, but u have to eat! I know,  sometimes we just don't feel like eating especially if u want to lay down instead. Glad to hear u got tested for vit defiencency, I will be getting tested end of January. It's amazing what these benzos do to our body. Changes our chemical make up I'm so many ways. Picking a new prescription of those nasty things today and hopefully my last!

If you type in foids high in vit b or b12 etc, you can add up pretty quickly what your missing. My diet, everything I eat has b12 in it. I could be getting too much but who knows with the way I'm burning everything up. But b12 will give u energy. That could be my problem,  can't wait to find out though!

Talk to u soon,  hope your feeling better today!

Ns

4 hours ago, [[E...] said:

I feel so alone😓 this setback are driving me crazy. I could really need a friend who are going through a similar journey and who would like to talk some times.
I'm 7 years out and thrown into a setback in December. 
I've lost 10 kg due to no appetite, fatigue, dizziness, nausea, fatigue, heart palpitations, buzzing head, inner tremblings, chills and svetting, burning skin, ear preassure and so on. It's like I'm going in and out of waves. 
I live in Norway.

Don’t feel alone we’re here. Just send a message. That’s all we can do support each other

• Like 1

Just now, [[n...] said:

But b12

I am only now really learning the importance of Folic Acid as well.

Just now, [[D...] said:

I am only now really learning the importance of Folic Acid as well.

Bread and cereals. I can't eat cereals but bread is ok for now. Don't know if I get enough though. Good question!

Ns

48 minutes ago, [[a...] said:

My apologies @jelly baby-! I didn't know that.

No problem all good.