Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Questions about symptoms and tapering

I've been tapering lorazapam for about 6 months.

The first 2 months were done not knowing what I was doing! I went from 4mg per day, 1 mg 4x per day to 2 mg per day in about 2 months. It was really tough. I used valuim but as with Lorazapam I can't take either but used it anyway. 

So I took 2 months to taper to 2mg.

It's been a slow process but faster than advised due to having bad reaction to benzos. I've been down to 1 mg for about 5 to 6 weeks, haven't stabilized and getting more symptoms by the day. Not sure about some of these. I have a small brain tumor, an acoustic neuroma right ear, had radiation 10 yrs ago. My symptoms are on my right side mostly including stinging on the right side of my head and face but it's also all over my body, mynright ear is screaming, all right side is worse.also jerking in my right side shoulder. Hyperactivity, coordination is off, numbness right hip, leg to foot. The nerves in my belly are going nuts causing me to have trouble standing and walking. My metabolism is so fast I'm losing weight faster than I can eat. I really need to get off of these.

Doc gave me baclofen 5mg, it seems to help a little but can't tell yet if it's really doing enough for real relief. 

Question on tapering, I don't seem to stabilize, was protracted before I began from previous forced fast taper. I took.a small step down and it sent me into more very harsh symptoms,  had to go back to 1mg but made symptoms worse.

Suggestions on how to taper using baclofen of applicable or any other ideas, such a tiny dose 4x per day. I missed one dose,  what a mistake!:brickwall:

Ideas on jumping while unstable but need to get off due to adverse reaction. :brickwall:

Your help is very much appreciated 

Hope to hear from someone soon, 

Thanks so much 

Ns

Edited by [ns...]
Additions and corrections