Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Up against a wall

I’m seriously thinking I’m not going to heal.  I’m 3 months off and my head sxs are getting worse w no windows. Psychiatrist ER dr and neurologist have no insight. Does anyone have words of hope that are real?  Not platitudes or wishful thinking?  I don’t know what to do. Please. ….

All I can say is the body is designed to heal, it always heals itself if you don't interfere too much. The brain is just that little bit more complicated than your average body parts. Enormous amount of patience is required and making oneself feel timeless, ie. not bothered what the clock or the calendar says.  We're not used to living like that are we, but we have to for now........

• Like 3

Alycat,

It's so hard isn't it!

My doc just gave me baclofen 5mg. It seems to help some but only been 1 day really. Just a thought. I've heard that you go into tolerance quite quickly with these but I guess it depends.  Please if u consider this do your research,  they do affect the gaba b.

I am still tapering by the way but I too am up against a wall!

I hope your symptoms subside soon and give u along window of relief!

Take care

Ns

Edited by [ns...]
Additions and corrections
  • Like 1

Hey @[Al...],

I have been off for about five months and things are improving, but very slowly.  Many of my symptoms have lessened dramatically fairly recently, like in the last 3-ish weeks.  At three months, I felt terrible and also wondered if anything was ever going to improve.  It will, please just hang in there.  And remember that we're all on our own unique, unpredictable time-tables here, so you may improve at any time.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, [[A...] said:

I’m seriously thinking I’m not going to heal.  I’m 3 months off and my head sxs are getting worse w no windows. Psychiatrist ER dr and neurologist have no insight. Does anyone have words of hope that are real?  Not platitudes or wishful thinking?  I don’t know what to do. Please. ….

@[Al...], 3 months is too early to judge anything. My worst issue is everything about the head too and sometimes it  does seem unbearable and endless. I'm about 10 months off and the issue is still here but it is really getting better, though slowly as it is. There are two big differences between the pain/ stiffness 7 months ago and now and i'm not even afraid to admit it despite being too superstitious - kind of sx as well. But the progress does take lots of time to show itself. And i don't believe any doctor anymore, especially about benzos and withdrawal.

I'm sure you are healing, believe it or not. Good luck to you and keep going!)

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

Thank you all for responding- it means a lot to be validated 🙋‍♀️🙏🏻