Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Resting or not, sleeping or not, doing stuff or not, doesn't make any difference

Just now, [[W...] said:

@[Da...]I just saw a new pill being advertised for "Muscle twitches"!!!!!!  

Seriously? These people are insane!!

YUP!!

Live long and prosper. Have watched the first series a million times. I was 10 years old when the first episode aired on NBC. Remember watching it on an RCA color TV that cost my dad around $2,200 in 1965. Can't stand any of the later stuff. I have to say this whole thing is so bizarre I almost sometimes don't want to believe it my self. I've had a 100 symptoms that don't make sense but I love a hot shower. Usually take 2 a day morning and before I go to bed. Helps tremendously with sleep. Relaxes muscles and lowers anxiety. It's like a James Bond movie. How do you figure out the right way to progress forward when no two people have all the same symptoms?? Melatonin has saved me when it comes to sleep. i went through a lot of dental work early on which was pretty much intolerable. I used to take a little melatonin and believe it or not it quieted down the anxiety and got me through the appointment. Wouldn't recommend doing it if you dentist isn't close to home. Don't want to fall asleep at the wheel. Best to have someone drop you off and not drive.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

I like the old original Star Trek stuff with Kirk, wasn't that keen after that but the Borg was a great story

I am a fan of pretty much all of it.  I have a great analogy for what's happening to us, but it's based on Next Gen. so I doubt it would land.  Oh, well.

I see that commercial constantly with the guy saying how nice it is not to shake anymore. I laugh because its beyond crazy that some one would see this as the answer to their issues. OH and the drug can cause death if you listen to the end. 

In Japan they have sleep aids mixed in with bedtime snacks. Years ago while in Tokyo, they sold mochi ice cream balls in the hotel which were “laced” with some type of sleep aid . They were not delicious but super effective .

• Wow 3

21 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I see that commercial constantly with the guy saying how nice it is not to shake anymore. I laugh because its beyond crazy that some one would see this as the answer to their issues. OH and the drug can cause death if you listen to the end. 

Lol!! They say that in the end. How kind of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[W...] said:

Seriously? These people are insane!!

Big Pharm's Version of Apple...."There's A Pill for That!!!!!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One thing i would like to mention that has really helped me is increasing my vitamin D intake. Be sure when you take it it also has vitamin K which keeps the D from forming calcium in the arteries. Dr. Berg on youtube has extensive videos on this subject. Taking 10,000 IU's a day is not an issue as long as you take it with the vitamin K especially in winter because of no sunlight. Do your own research but check out his site.

Oh yeah for me it’s also no difference what I do, this crap just keeps going its way. I improved when I was most busy and tired and deteriorated when I had time to chill out. Doesn’t matter what I eat or drink (unless it’s something 100% advised against like alcohol or caffeine, which I don’t do). Doesn’t matter how I sleep. Doesn’t matter how much activity I get. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@[Pi...]  Vitamin D and K

I am so cynical these days I don't even believe the stuff about vitamins, though they probably don't do any harm, they do get your cash !

7 hours ago, [[P...] said:

One thing i would like to mention that has really helped me is increasing my vitamin D intake. Be sure when you take it it also has vitamin K which keeps the D from forming calcium in the arteries. Dr. Berg on youtube has extensive videos on this subject. Taking 10,000 IU's a day is not an issue as long as you take it with the vitamin K especially in winter because of no sunlight. Do your own research but check out his site.

I live in a mostly sunny place, but we have snow on the ground now. I appreciate this post as a reminder of how much better I feel sitting out in the sun because it increases dopamine. If the sun is shining I go out in shorts and a tank top and I try to sit in the rays for an hour. I looked back in my journal, and it really helps. There are 3 S's: Sleep, Sex & Sun; 2 M's: Music & Meditation; and 1 E: Exercise; all increase dopamine. Any little boost we can get might help take the edge off of w/d woes.

For me too it does not make any difference! Sometimes I try something and I think wau that’s it. Next time doing or taking the same thing the symptoms are getting worse!??? Yesterday I took a warm bath and it was a bit helpful for the spasms but my nerves didn’t like it and therefore my nerve pain got worse. I believe that the whole process is very complex and not predictable and that the best we can do is to get out of it’s way. Trusting in self healing. Having said that, I am going to try a cover containing silicon next week. lol 🍀

• Love 1

@[Ta...]

And F for Fun and L for laughter increases dopamine, basically anything that makes you happy and content increases dopamine. I think I've been miserable for years!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

One of the problems we face in the US is that all our plant based food has been genetically altered and processed. The animals are injected with growth hormones and antibiotics and may times fed GMO food themselves. Europe will not take out beef imports because of this. I'm not saying vitamin D is some instant cure. Nothing is because we are damaged. But I do feel anyway to speed up healing needs to be investigated. Everything I have read shows that most people in the northern hemisphere especially this time of year are deficient in Vitamin D which is essential for a healthy body and immune system. Yes we need to find ways to stimulate healing to hopefully get through this quicker. This site has many video's on the topic and the amount of his followers speaks for itself. Don't just dive in and potentially over do it. Do your research. Any supplement can cause issues if you take too much.

@[Pi...] It seems there is a long list of medications, including benzos, that deplete Vitamin D levels and we cannot thrive without this important vitamin. It might explain why all manner of strange ailments start to appear the longer we've been taking these poison pills. But will taking a vitamin D supplement help while the body is still adapting after stopping benzos? In the same way that our GABA receptors are damaged until they "grow"back? This could be why time is the real cure, when everything starts working properly again.

• Like 1

Agreed. But you want to be as "healthy" as possible to hopefully heal faster. Thats my thinking. It's helped me. Thats all I can go by. 

On 18/01/2024 at 07:12, [[W...] said:

@[Ta...]

And F for Fun and L for laughter increases dopamine, basically anything that makes you happy and content increases dopamine. I think I've been miserable for years!

Someone threw a young pregnant Australian Kelpie dog over a 12ft barbed wire fence in a solar energy field. She was trapped there, starving. She dug under a water tank and had 6 puppies, 2 boys and 4 girls. The Mother is horrifically emaciated.  We rescued them and they are living on a memory foam bed under a picnic table inside a tent in our garage. They have a little heater fan. Everyday I am under the table holding, petting and loving them. And when I'm with them I don't even notice how miserable I feel.  The pain and terror they endured seems to dwarf my own suffering. I'm so grateful and happy they are safe, warm and getting fat!

• Wow 1

14 hours ago, [[T...] said:

Someone threw a young pregnant Australian Kelpie dog over a 12ft barbed wire fence in a solar energy field. She was trapped there, starving. She dug under a water tank and had 6 puppies, 2 boys and 4 girls. The Mother is horrifically emaciated.  We rescued them and they are living on a memory foam bed under a picnic table inside a tent in our garage. They have a little heater fan. Everyday I am under the table holding, petting and loving them. And when I'm with them I don't even notice how miserable I feel.  The pain and terror they endured seems to dwarf my own suffering. I'm so grateful and happy they are safe, warm and getting fat!

Thank you for being a difference to those dogs.  I sometimes think that humanity doesn't deserve dogs at all. 

• Love 1

Love this post.  So full of good humour.  Four months benzo free and need a bit of light relief.  I use 5mg Melatonin for sleep at night.  Insomnia was very difficult (I was taking benzo for insomnia) but in the last two weeks I am sleeping 6 to eight hours per night.  I also leave the radio on low, talk radio not music.  You can guess, I sleep alone.

On 17/01/2024 at 15:08, [[W...] said:

Food or drink hasn't made any difference either. Symptoms are still really bad half way through my 11 month. I honestly think the brain has its own programme regardless of what we do. Obviously its not pleasant trying to do anything with raging symptoms but doing nothing doesn't help either. The only improvement I have after all these months is I am no longer frightened of the shower. Whoopee doo !

Honestly does anyone else think what they are doing is helping?

This is largely true I think.  This thing has a mind of its own.  I would advise against doing anything that really revs up your symptoms, but you can analyze this stuff death wondering why you’re so anxious, or so tired, or in so much pain.  

I’ve been so fatigued the past couple days that I can barely get off the couch.  In a couple days that will be gone and I’ll be wondering why I’m in a lot of pain.  

• Like 2