Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Resting or not, sleeping or not, doing stuff or not, doesn't make any difference

Food or drink hasn't made any difference either. Symptoms are still really bad half way through my 11 month. I honestly think the brain has its own programme regardless of what we do. Obviously its not pleasant trying to do anything with raging symptoms but doing nothing doesn't help either. The only improvement I have after all these months is I am no longer frightened of the shower. Whoopee doo !

Honestly does anyone else think what they are doing is helping?

• Like 2

@[WU...], however sad it is, you've made me smile) For me it's about the same. No matter what i do or eat, it doesn't change anything. It also doesn't matter what is the weather like. Even some external stress doesn't affect my inner withdrawal programme too strongly. The only difference is that i do feel better from time to time but i never can tell what day is going to happen tomorrow...

Fighting the shower is a big deal!) Hope the rest of wellbeing is on the way!)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

Sleeping 8 hours cuts the whole suffering time by a full third.

Hehe another smile.. and with insomnia you get robbed by it.

38 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Food or drink hasn't made any difference either. Symptoms are still really bad half way through my 11 month. I honestly think the brain has its own programme regardless of what we do. Obviously its not pleasant trying to do anything with raging symptoms but doing nothing doesn't help either. The only improvement I have after all these months is I am no longer frightened of the shower. Whoopee doo !

Honestly does anyone else think what they are doing is helping?

How do u get thru the raging symptoms? It’s all I can focus on when it is happening

@[fl...] How do u get thru the raging symptoms?

Ah, now you have highlighted the problem! I don't get through them very well at all. I spend a lot of time staring at the same objects in the living room. Occasionally I move them around just for a change.  

19 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Hehe another smile.. and with insomnia you get robbed by it.

That's why I, personally, wouldn't try a taper without a sleep aid.  Sleeping is a necessary truce with life that we must make everyday.  My definition of hell would be being trapped inside this physical world as slaves to our biochemistry.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

@[...] I didn't fight the shower, I raised the white flag and surrendered!

Sometimes surrendering works!  This whole fight against fears created by our mind is pointless.

• Like 2

I also don't find anything makes any difference.  And it is wearing when family pressure you to do more as if that would make you better.

I can't wait to merge with the robot overlords and have a microchip inserted that shuts down my brain on command.  Being a cyborg ain't pretty but life's a bitch.

11 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

That's why I, personally, wouldn't try a taper without a sleep aid.  Sleeping is a necessary truce with life that we must make everyday.  My definition of hell would be being trapped inside this physical world as slaves to our biochemistry.

Yeah but mainly my brain is destroyed by zopiclone. A very potent sleep aid. And then benzos made it worse. Or do you mean anything else then z drugs?

28 minutes ago, [[f...] said:

How do u get thru the raging symptoms? It’s all I can focus on when it is happening

You do ANYTHING! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Well yes sleeping helps, being unconscious is definitely an improvement!

I don't know if you meant that to be funny or not, but it made me laugh.  I think this often!

6 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Funny you should say that as I've been envisaging The Borg trying to take over! 

Are you a Star Trek fan?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Yeah but mainly my brain is destroyed by zopiclone. A very potent sleep aid. And then benzos made it worse. Or do you mean anything else then z drugs?

No.  I use mirt for that.  Those Z drugs are dangerous stuff.  A friend of mine took them for a flight and couldn't remember how he got to some hotel thinking he was in a city he was not in.  I asked him the details and will tell the exact story when he checks his phone.

1 hour ago, [[W...] said:

I am no longer frightened of the shower.

I thought I was the only one!!!!!

• Like 2

Yes @[Bu...]  it was a joke, not too many laughs in this eh?

I like the old original Star Trek stuff with Kirk, wasn't that keen after that but the Borg was a great story

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Yeah but mainly my brain is destroyed by zopiclone.

Same here.....I think Zopliclone is worse than the Clonazepam!!!!  Doctors have no clue!!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Same here.....I think Zopliclone is worse than the Clonazepam!!!!  Doctors have no clue!!!!

You're right. Only a couple of years ago the headline on a big newspaper here was "the new safe sleeping pills" and it was about zopiclone and ambien. We know the truth tho..

Edited by Guest
  • Sad 1

Just now, [[n...] said:

You're right. Only a couple of years the headline on a big newspaper here was "the new safe sleeping pills" and it was about zopiclone and ambien. We know the truth tho..

Absolutely.....now I just saw a new pill being advertised for "Muscle twitches"!!!!!!  They just won't stop!!!!!  There's a pill for every side effect!!

• Angry 1